Primrose Hill Gang

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no way I didn't know that, that's cool
I just found that myself Haha

She did exactly that on her 30th birthday in 2004, in a floor-length, sequinned dress first worn by Britt Ekland to the 1974 premiere of The Man with the Golden Gun. The dress could not have been more perfect for the party theme: The Beautiful and Damned, in tribute to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s decadent tale of broken morality. Festivities started with drinks at Claridge’s, continued at Sam Taylor-Johnson’s (then Taylor-Wood) house, before returning to Claridge’s until beyond early hours.

I forgot Sam Taylor Johnson was also part of that gang

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Didn’t he go out with Lily Allen, despite (1) being mates with her father, Keith Allen and (2) being old enough to be her actual father?

Reactions: 6
Didn’t he go out with Lily Allen, despite (1) being mates with her father, Keith Allen and (2) being old enough to be her actual father?
Yep! Apparently when they were on holiday Keith Allen text Jay J when he found out about their relationship saying “wait until your daughter is 16” or something thereabouts !
Lily has always gone for the older man though. She’s with David Harbour from Stranger things now.
And she was in with the Primrose set for a while - super pally with Kate Moss and then for some reason they fell out and I remember it being reported on that she’d snubbed Kate by not inviting her to her wedding

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Yep! Apparently when they were on holiday Keith Allen text Jay J when he found out about their relationship saying “wait until your daughter is 16” or something thereabouts !
Lily has always gone for the older man though. She’s with David Harbour from Stranger things now.
And she was in with the Primrose set for a while - super pally with Kate Moss and then for some reason they fell out and I remember it being reported on that she’d snubbed Kate by not inviting her to her wedding
when lily had her children she moved to the countryside and calmed down for a while, she said that none of her London party friends were interested in being real friends when she wasn’t on the party scene so she cut them all out. Then obviously she split with her husband and went wild again so not sure if they rekindled things but haven’t seen her with any of them or any friends at all come to think of it, always just whichever man is on the scene like the stranger things one

Reactions: 4
when lily had her children she moved to the countryside and calmed down for a while, she said that none of her London party friends were interested in being real friends when she wasn’t on the party scene so she cut them all out. Then obviously she split with her husband and went wild again so not sure if they rekindled things but haven’t seen her with any of them or any friends at all come to think of it, always just whichever man is on the scene like the stranger things one
Strangely enough I’ve read her autobiography and none of that crowd are mentioned. I imagine she couldn’t get permission from Kate etxn

Reactions: 4
I just found that myself Haha

She did exactly that on her 30th birthday in 2004, in a floor-length, sequinned dress first worn by Britt Ekland to the 1974 premiere of The Man with the Golden Gun. The dress could not have been more perfect for the party theme: The Beautiful and Damned, in tribute to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s decadent tale of broken morality. Festivities started with drinks at Claridge’s, continued at Sam Taylor-Johnson’s (then Taylor-Wood) house, before returning to Claridge’s until beyond early hours.

I forgot Sam Taylor Johnson was also part of that gang
I think that's why they wont ever be bettered. They were achingly cool at the time. Brits who were at the top of their game ( mostly) and were intensely private, only giving away snippets of their lives for the delectation of the great unwashed. The mystery was part of the fascination. Nowadays everything is on Instagram. We know too much about celebs today and their lives. There are only very few who refuse to put themselves on social media and the press are too lazy/ cant afford to find out gossip about most of them so gossip pages are filled with paid for pieces by the celebs themselves or made up stuff from gossip sites.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
And Jay Jopling went and did the art direction for Lily Allen's album and music video, and it was super childlike and she was dressed up as a little girl 🥴

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I actually would have loved to have partied with the Primrose Hill Set! Only for one night though, wouldn’t want to end up dead or in rehab 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I remember Katy England and Bobby Gillespie, and seeing Jake Chapman and Rosemary Ferguson's wedding in Vogue thinking it was sooo cool.

Rosemary Ferguson is another one who transformed into an earth mother.

The late Annabelle Neilson, she was tight with KM and dated Jefferson Hack.

A lot of the friendships seemed to last.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh yeah, Rosemary Ferguson is now calling herself a ‘nutritionist’, toting one of those qualifications that you can buy on the internet.

I’m friends with a qualified dietician who works in the NHS. She has no truck with so-called nutritionists.

Reactions: 13
God damn, Kate was so cool and so beautiful.

just remembered, wasn’t it her 30th birthday when she/them had an orgy (allegedly)?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
God damn, Kate was so cool and so beautiful.

just remembered, wasn’t it her 30th birthday when she/them had an orgy (allegedly)?
yes I’m sure it was her 30th! Apparently gwyneth Paltrow walked out in disgust at the debauchery!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

I agree. It was the mystique around them that made them so interesting. If Instagram was around back then we'd be less fascinated now.

Let's be fair they looked like sweaty drunks most of the time... ah hindsight 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Crikey! Old Goop showing a bit of rare common!

Re Kate, it is easier to appear cool if you don’t say much. I suspect that she was given some good advice very early in her career: keep your trap shut. When she does open her gob it seldom ends well. The ‘basic witch’ outburst at the memer of cabin crew for example. Other examples include:

The BBC (I think) made a documentary about Vogue a couple of years ago, mostly following Alex Shulman (ex-editor) around. It included some location filming at a fashion shoot at a country house (maybe Cliveden?) featuring Kate Moss. One of the things she was wearing was a white jumpsuit once spotted by Mick Jagger, which she was at paid to stress had to be pinned in order to fit her. In case nobody had realised that she was thin, see. She spoke to the off-camera interviewer a couple of times. God, she was awful. Self-regarding and a dim. Charlotte Tilbury was at the same shoot. Also awful.

Although the stories I find funniest (in the ‘this is why Kate should keep her gob shut’ sense) concern her attendance at festivals. I read an article in, I think, the Guardian a few years ago where the writer noted that Kate turning up with a few acolytes to watch a set, complaining bitterly and ungraciously about how they had a ‘facking nightmare’ with the helicopter, rather damaged her mystique. Similarly, she went to the Isle of Wight festival with Sadie Frost and others, I think possibly for her hen do before she married Jamie Hince, and a reporter heard them sitting around bitching ungraciously about what a horrible time they were having and how they shouldn’t have come etc etc. Said that Kate sounded like a right harpy.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Surprised about Gwyneth walking out lol I’ve read she goes to sex parties
Maybe it was a hygiene thing 😆

Crikey! Old Goop showing a bit of rare common!

Re Kate, it is easier to appear cool if you don’t say much. I suspect that she was given some good advice very early in her career: keep your trap shut. When she does open her gob it seldom ends well. The ‘basic witch’ outburst at the memer of cabin crew for example. Other examples include:

The BBC (I think) made a documentary about Vogue a couple of years ago, mostly following Alex Shulman (ex-editor) around. It included some location filming at a fashion shoot at a country house (maybe Cliveden?) featuring Kate Moss. One of the things she was wearing was a white jumpsuit once spotted by Mick Jagger, which she was at paid to stress had to be pinned in order to fit her. In case nobody had realised that she was thin, see. She spoke to the off-camera interviewer a couple of times. God, she was awful. Self-regarding and a dim. Charlotte Tilbury was at the same shoot. Also awful.

Although the stories I find funniest (in the ‘this is why Kate should keep her gob shut’ sense) concern her attendance at festivals. I read an article in, I think, the Guardian a few years ago where the writer noted that Kate turning up with a few acolytes to watch a set, complaining bitterly and ungraciously about how they had a ‘facking nightmare’ with the helicopter, rather damaged her mystique. Similarly, she went to the Isle of Wight festival with Sadie Frost and others, I think possibly for her hen do before she married Jamie Hince, and a reporter heard them sitting around bitching ungraciously about what a horrible time they were having and how they shouldn’t have come etc etc. Said that Kate sounded like a right harpy.
I agree her appeal is that she's silent. Once she starts talking its embarrassing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.