Primrose Hill Gang #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe not, but you might make other mistakes.

In his youth (he is not exactly a spring chicken) the N-Word was not offensive and he was in pain, a sibling had died not too long ago and a friend had lost his career, he was super drunk and he behaved really badly.
Quite disgraceful.
Still not worth canceling someone for the rest of their lives.

I don't think that this is true.
I'm much older than James and the N word was offensive when I was a kid. People just used it regardless. I'd have got a walloping for it and no I'm not posh.

It's nothing to do with cancelling and everything to do with accountability. And this means avoiding excuses.

Reactions: 23
It’s always been offensive, even if white people were oblivious to that until fairly recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm much older than James and the N word was offensive when I was a kid. People just used it regardless. I'd have got a walloping for it and no I'm not posh.

It's nothing to do with cancelling and everything to do with accountability. And this means avoiding excuses.
He did apologise - and showed accountability.

I was not making excusing for him but provided context. Even in a court of law the circumstances under which a "crime" incurred are being considered. Forgiveness is a thing, you know. People do make mistakes and so did he, but he didn't kill anyone. He was offensive.

It’s always been offensive, even if white people were oblivious to that until fairly recently.
That may be, but I remember using it as a child and not being aware that the word was offensive.
I even remember having something - a toy or sweets? - that showed a person of colour on the packaging.

Well, both me and James Brown clearly don't meet the standard of the uber-perfect people here.
I remember calling someone a "fat witch" when I felt that that person had been rude (and I was much slimmer than her), but luckily I am not famous.

Reactions: 6
He did apologise - and showed accountability.

I was not making excusing for him but provided context. Even in a court of law the circumstances under which a "crime" incurred are being considered. Forgiveness is a thing, you know. People do make mistakes and so did he, but he didn't kill anyone. He was offensive.

That may be, but I remember using it as a child and not being aware that the word was offensive.
I even remember having something - a toy or sweets? - that showed a person of colour on the packaging.

Well, both me and James Brown clearly don't meet the standard of the uber-perfect people here.
I remember calling someone a "fat witch" when I felt that that person had been rude (and I was much slimmer than her), but luckily I am not famous.
Not being racist has nothing to do with being uber-perfect ffs. And mitigating circumstances are considered, but they are not a basis for faster-track forgiveness and nor do they cancel out the fact that he made a vile racist comment. They might explain why he lost control but they don't explain why that loss of control involved the N word for any reason other than 'racism'. Also, racism kills, *even* Brown's kind of 'quite a nice guy ' racism because it all forms part of a dangerous current. It's another toxic tributary. You don't have to directly and physically harm someone to be part of a system which causes harm. We really shouldn't diminish the cumulative effects of racism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Not being racist has nothing to do with being uber-perfect ffs. And mitigating circumstances are considered, but they are not a basis for faster-track forgiveness and nor do they cancel out the fact that he made a vile racist comment. They might explain why he lost control but they don't explain why that loss of control involved the N word for any reason other than 'racism'. Also,
Making one "vile racist comment" in a drunken angry state does not make someone a racist.
(It might be your personal view but it is not an objective truth)

I would propose to leave this topic now as it moves away the Primrose Hill set topic.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
It wasn’t one comment though was it? He used the word repeatedly, and loudly at his victim, then called he his partner a ******’s witch.
bleeping revolting.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Maybe not, but you might make other mistakes.

In his youth (he is not exactly a spring chicken) the N-Word was not offensive and he was in pain, a sibling had died not too long ago and a friend had lost his career, he was super drunk and he behaved really badly.
Quite disgraceful.
Still not worth canceling someone for the rest of their lives.

I don't think that this is true.
Oh I’ve made many mistakes but we’re talking about racial abuse here and I think if a racial slur comes out when you’re drunk then that’s your true mindset. You know what they say about drunk people, leggings and children - they always tell their truth.

Not saying he should be ‘cancelled’ and I’m sure he does have many good qualities but if someone says that when pissed, you have to ask why.

And I’m the same age as him and I knew the N-word was very offensive when I was a child.

Reactions: 26
Getting back on track Mossy is in NY for the met gala - am pathetically excited to see what she wears 😁
Ah, I didn't know that.

Since when is she allowed back in the States? I knew that after her cocaine scandal with Pete Doherty she wasn't allowed to enter the USA and that Jamie Hince went to the States before their divorce (I thought at the time if he went there so that she couldn't come and find him....).

Reactions: 3
Not uber-perfect, just not racist 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Kate was never charged with drugs (it was just a photo, she could have been snorting sherbet) so she wouldnt have any probs lens getting into the US.
I wonder who she’s attending with? Maybe Marc Jacobs.

Reactions: 4
Kate was never charged with drugs (it was just a photo, she could have been snorting sherbet) so she wouldnt have any probs lens getting into the US.
I wonder who she’s attending with? Maybe Marc Jacobs.
Yeah I thought she’d been to the states many times since the drugs scandal but I could be wrong 🤔

Reactions: 1
Yeah I thought she’d been to the states many times since the drugs scandal but I could be wrong 🤔
She had to apply for work visas and apparently had difficulties and had to jump through a few hoops.
You only need to be a known drug user to have trouble getting into the US, you don't even need to be charged.

https://flynnhodkinson.com/kate-moss-us-visa-problems/. (immigration lawyer)

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-30298693.html (example of a gossip article, there were quite many over the years about her having trouble entering the US)

I also don't recall her having gone there just for a holiday.

ETA: She was not allowed to enter the US, even for work, whilst in rehab or detoxing from substances, so after she had been papped she couldn't get in until completing rehab and still has to apply for a special visa and do a test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I know him a bit and he is actually a fairly nice person. He provides support when he can if people are in need and is down to earth.
He had a drunken outburst and said a few bad things, but this doesn't make him a bad person overall.
And he is not a racist, despite having used a racist word in a drunken fit of rage.

If you say racist words you are a racist, it's as simple as that.
I've been horrifically drunk many times in my life and have never racially abused anyone because I'm not a racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.