Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
We bought the Rapidcools when someone posted the other month they’d gone to £20 on Amazon. Hopefully it happens again soon, I’d be tempted for a third now

Ps if anyone sees a bundle where one is a flask don’t bother I’ve heard the Nuby flask doesn’t hold heat well at all
We’ve got 3 and that seems to work well. It means we’ve always got at least 1 ready to go but at home we get them washed and in the steriliser as soon as we’ve used it. It’s just overnight or going out it’s really useful to have more than 1. We use a normal flask for hot water when we go out, we haven’t bought the flask combo.

I feel like we need to incorporate rapid cool into the next thread title
We should probably just rename ourselves the rapid cool fan club rather than pregnancy off topic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m sat on the sofa with a blanket over me and the heating on. So glad I bought Baby R lots of rompers and summery clothes for this glorious weather we’re having 😂

Mr R is back at work tonight and I’m having a bit of a wobble about my ability to cope without him at home. Even though I’ve done 99% of the looking after baby for the past week and all he’s done is make bottles and supply me with food 😂

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
My last day in work is tomorrow, so thought I'd wear a dress since nothing else fits, just shaved my legs for the first time in ages and I think I'm about to pass out. Didn't realise I missed being able to bend down so much 😂😂😂

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Baby W is the same! Sleeps the day away! Then wakes up furiously for a bottle as if she’s never been fed before 😂😂
Omg exactly that! Like alrite kid sorry I didn’t read your mind and know you were just about to wake up to have your bottle ready for the very moment you opened your eyes but there is no need to instantly start screaming in my face 😂 the nuby rapid cool has been an absolute life saver!

Mr R just asked me if I want to start trying for no 2 now 🤣 I know I want a tiny gap but I’m not sure 3 weeks PP after a csection is quite the right time 😳

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
In the last hour I’ve been pee’d, puked and poo’d on and had to change Baby R’s clothes twice. Friday nights as a mum are really different 😂

All of that after he had a bath and relaxing baby massage with the best smelling Aveeno night time cream, obviously. Nice one Baby R.

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Can I just have a mini rant about eating/drinking?! 🤣

Obviously I get that Baby R is my baby, it is my responsibility to hold him, provide milk, comfort him etc. But FGS will SOMEONE hold him just for 5 minutes so I can eat my meal or drink my drink while it’s still hot?! Don’t come over or invite me out for cuddles then pass him back and sit there eating your hot meal or sipping your coffee while I balance a baby, try to feed him and try to eat my lunch with 1 hand.
I’ve been for lunch with my mother today, she held him sleeping til our drinks came and then passed him back and he obviously woke up because he’d been moved and instantly cried for food. I then had to balance a crying baby, make up his bottle (thanks nuby rapid cool 🤣) and feed him while my drink goes cold and she sits there with her nice hot drink. Then our food comes and I’m still feeding Baby R so she sits there eating hers, watching me struggle trying to get a mouthful of mine then when she’s done she finally offers to…cut up my food for me! Not hold baby or finish feeding him so I could eat, but cut up my jacket potato so I could finish eating it with 1 hand while juggling a baby that now needs burping and still not having had a sip of my now cold chai latte.

Thank god I don’t have to see her often 😂

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
That reminds me I think all mine are still in the cupboard. I was off chocolate around Easter so think I only managed 1 of mine and Mr R kept bringing them. Ooooh and mini eggs!!
Wow....really rubbing it in now with your bloody mini eggs! Some of us are still pregnant, hangry and always wanting choc you know 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
I’ll never forget my brother (a year older) coming to visit my first when she was born & asking me what tricks she can do 🫠

• Haha

Bumblebee2019

Sorry this is just a moan really… A month until my due date and people who have ignored me or not been in contact for my pregnancy are now coming out of the woodwork and messaging me… do they think this is going to entitle them to meet the baby when he’s here? And do they think I don’t realise what they’re doing? Where were they when I was knackered and suffering earlier on?! Honestly people frustrate me so much 😂

• Heart

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
Just sat on the bus to head in to do some messages & realized I still have my slippers on 😣 baby brain is fully on anyway

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
Has anyone any experience using scar patches after c-section?
Yep, brilliant! I got £12 ones off Amazon and my scar is non existent. Helped with the itching and sorted a little thickened area at one end so it completely went. Will definitely use again.

I’m a mess.
My ‘cold’ is a chest and ear infection. I got antibiotics but she said it’s probably viral and they won’t work, don’t think they are. But probably a combo of them and the pads & leaking from coughing has caused either severe irritation or thrush.
Also, my latest sample had bacteria which could be a UTI so I need a retest, when that one was a retest of the last sample that had protein and Ketones that took them 3 days to process.
Like FFS! Plus I’ve got a load of mouth ulcers and my ribs are f-ing killing. I’m just done in.

Should Canestan sting? I can’t remember.

On the plus side we were relieved of trying to parent tonight and got some lovely food and a night to ourselves with a lie in tomorrow - silver linings 🤍

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
My sister was disappointed when baby R was just asleep the first few times she visited. It’s like he’s awake about 7 minutes a day at the moment you’re expecting a bit much for that to be at the same time as you’re here 😅

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Thanks everyone. We got some sleep because in the end I gave up and put Baby R on my chest so he’d sleep and I fell asleep too. I know that’s not exactly safe sleeping but he couldn’t settle at all on his back and it was the only way either of us were sleeping. I’m still propped upright in bed after my csection so I decided we’d be safe enough 😊

We haven’t had a poonami yet but I’ve had 2 now where I’ve gone to change his dirty bum, whipped the nappy off and cleaned him and then he’s carried on pooing with no nappy on 🙈 the first time was the middle of the night and we made a right mess because it was never ending. The second was last night and his poo was like green water (poor baby 😢) and it just carried on pouring like a tap when I had him stripped off 😂 luckily that time Mr R was on hand to help!

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
It’s breaking my stone cold heart seeing him struggling, I want to cry every time I look at him
😔 they said we can take him home because he’s managing to eat and wee ok, just have to keep a close eye on him and try to keep him upright for tonight. So no sleep for me again. I think it’s upsetting Mr R that he won’t settle for him at all and just wants me 😔

• Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
@Laughalong sending you love and hoping it doesn’t put you off posting ❤

Like you say there’s like 10 of us on this thread who have gone through this together even though we’re all at different stages. And it won’t be long until all of us who’ve started using this thread will have had our babies and we can continue sharing advice and stories and supporting each other as they grow. Don’t let one bad apple ruin that for you ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Have a baby they said. It will be fun they said.

So far today I’ve been pee’d on while we both had a nap (mr R really needs to practice putting nappies on!), his sick splashed on my glasses/face and then separately he coughed with sick in his mouth and it sprayed on my mouth 😒

• Heart
  • Haha

George01

Chatty Member
I am 100% the man when it comes to cleaning in this relationship and I love it 😂
I try but I get distracted and just end up sitting down forgetting everything. I didn't even really pack my own hospital bag or the babies bag, he did it all 😂 I truly am an unorganised queen hahaha

• Haha