Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
A little safe space for our pregnant and post partum community to chatter away about things other than pregnancy, anyone welcome, even if you’ve just had your baby and moving on from the pregnancy thread 💖

Chatter away then guys 😁 I don’t feel like a weirdo now for still chatting away on a pregnancy thread even though I gave birth two weeks ago 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Everyone in our house is ill apart from my fella 😭 he gets to go to work the lucky bugger 😂 Me and my 4yo have a stomach bug and poor Baby Watermelon has a cold 🥺

My fella got me a red bull and it’s just sat there and I don’t even feel like drinking it. That’s when you know something is up with me 😂

• Sad
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Just to get us back on topic before we get shut down 🙈

Baby R just did his first poonami. Is it weird to be proud of him? He’s usually a once every 3 days kinda guy and needs bicycle legs to help him go but that was his second today 😂 this time last year I didn’t imagine for one second I’d be texting Mr R celebrating 💩 🤣🤣

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Well that was awkward. Mr Bs ex just got on my tram and stood right by me looking at me. She definitely knows who I am after she's taken her social media stalking so far in the past that she's even liked photos with me and him in. She didn't, however, know I'm pregnant. Well she does now.
According to friends up here she was an absolute psychopath and Mr B had to break up with her in a very public place so he'd have witnesses if she lashed out. Sooo I'm really hoping this isn't her new daily commute eek.

• Wow

Lexi88

Has anyone committed the British felony of reheating a cold brew in the microwave yet? I went downstairs to sterilise and made myself a brew and of course the child woke up. Hes still boobing now and I made the brew 46 mins ago 😬
Never! Just make a fresh one and don’t speak of such sins again 😬😅

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
I think that’s why it’s annoyed me so much. If I’m taking time to make sure I do everything right why can’t he?

The other day he asked me if we really needed to put Baby R in his car seat for the 2 minute journey home or if I could just hold him 😱😱 moron!
I feel you. Sounds like he’s being a bit lazy and cutting corners which you can’t do with a baby.
I say to my OH all the time “I’m sorry that I’m always telling you how to parent and you resent that but until you can be bothered to read the books, follow the instagram, understand the research, all of the things that I do, then you need to listen to me and take my word for it. “It was alright when we were kids” or “my mum did it and I survived” is not valid when there are reams of legitimate research to the contrary. Make the effort to learn for yourself or listen to me. We don’t guess or take chances when it comes to baby. Get pissed off all you like, but it’s non negotiable”
Can you make it relatable, like you wouldn’t guess what oil to put into an engine or how much medicine to take so wtf wouldn’t you follow a simple instruction for a tiny baby?
I’m always prepared to listen to a valid difference of approach, but when it’s “well it can’t matter that much can it?” It’s like, “go and fucking read something. You can’t know until you know and that’s ok but once you’re told, accept that.”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not perfect and he’s not that bad but he’d do stupid shit like bounce a ball off their head cos ‘it doesn’t hurt, they think it’s funny’ or ‘we never had grapes cut up and we didn’t choke’, silly things like that.

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
Well gals, just had a pre baby treat if 4 hours in the hairdressers without a 2 year old swinging off my arm. What a joy!
Planned the next visit for when I can leave ny partner with 2 kids 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

ASAnigel

VIP Member
Went to the kitchen and asked husband if he knew where my tangfastics were - the colour drained from his face as gulped and replied “yes”, clearly realised he’d made a fatal mistake.
Literally never seen him move so fast the whole time I’ve known him, there might as well have been a him shaped hole in the front door as he ran to tesco before it closed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Babies are weird. We’ve got a swing, a chair, a Moses basket, the next to me, 2 carriers, playmats, cushion things, tummy time prop up things, probably a couple hundred spent on toys and sensory stuff etc and where’s this baby happiest?? Sat in the bathroom in his bath seat with a towel underneath him staring at the radiator while I go for a wee 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I've just realised this is my last weekend with no plans before I start mat leave from September😳
So of course I am fully determined to spend the entire weekend on the sofa in my dressing gown and fluffy socks, binge watching Married at First Sight Australia 😅

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Starter: tomato bruschetta
Main: either a medium rare rib eye steak with a garlic butter, with fries and mushrooms or fajitas. Simply cannot decide
Dessert: lotus biscoff cheesecake

i’m a slut for biscoff!!!

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Speaking of wind, did anyone else get the worst trapped wind ever after their c section?!?!? It was awful 😂 when I finally managed to fart the midwife genuinely clapped 😂😂 she was like “that’s what I want to hear” 😂

sorry this is tmi but we’re all friends here 😂😂

• Haha

aggytha

VIP Member
I don’t understand why people don’t offer either! I ended up learning how to eat every single meal with just a fork (and sometimes even the wrong hand, depending on if I was breastfeeding too!) 😂

I have a very vivid memory of being starving hungry in the early days with our first and my husband made a burger for dinner with corn on the cob. I was in the middle of feeding and knew a burger one handed was a no go, so I made my husband pass me some kitchen towel that I folded neatly on my newborns head so I could eat something without risking dripping butter on their head 🤣🤣🤣 parenting is wild!

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
hope everyone’s having a good day 🙏

my 4 year old is driving me round the BEND. Any of my pregnant ladies who’s due their second child, i’m praying for you, this is rough 😭🥲

• Heart
  • Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I quite like it with no sauce to be fair, it’s like cheese on toast with some extra toppings 😂
---
Do you know what’s even weirder than his no cheese pizza? He doesn’t put cheese on a lasagne either, doesn’t even use white sauce. He just layers the mince with fresh pasta sheets then burns the pasta layer on the top. Like, grow up and just have spag bol instead you loser? 😂 can’t believe I’ve produced a child with this man. Hopefully Baby R takes after me and loves his cheese 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow