Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Wow 😂 Baby watermelon is 2 days older than Baby raspberry and she only weighs 5lb6oz (she was 4ish weeks early mind) she hasn’t been weighed since last week though, midwife is back out tomorrow so we’ll see if she’s gained anymore! She is definitely filling out her tiny baby sleepsuits a lot more!

I used the nuby rapid cool this morning for the first feed and WOW why have I done this sooner? I could have made my life easier for 3 weeks but nope. At least I know now!! I recommend 💯 but I recommend getting two because it’s a ball ache not being able to use it for 3 hours, especially cos I get a hangry little Watermelon. I got mine at the Asda baby event for £20 but I’ve been looking and their on offer for £30 at the Asda and Argos atm

also for anyone due their second/third children, definetely don’t feel bad getting someone to help with the child that’s already here, you need your rest because the eldest child is deffo more hard work once baby is here. my little demon 4 year old used to be an angel until his sister got here 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
I’m 14 weeks tomorrow (whaaaaaat??) and already have quite the bump ❤❤ we told family our news today which went a lot better than expected!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Laughalong

VIP Member
It’s a shame they’ve made you feel this way. It’s a shame people read things that people open up about on a support thread and go out of their way to accuse them of lying and basically stalking you. It’s shit you’ve been made to feel uncomfortable, I hope you feel comfortable enough to come back. No one should be made to feel shit about opening up about things x
They commented on one of my pictures, which notified my boyfriend as it was a shared post… bringing up the other baby. Luckily I’d literally already told him what happened. But that in itself is also so malicious lol. He didn’t care that I’d told the story in the thread he gets why I’m on the thread. It’s just mad.

• Wow
  • Sad

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Thanks for all your kind words guys, I love this little thread ❤ wish we could all chat properly!

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I don’t think I’ll ever wear anything other than these massive granny full briefs again, the comfort is unmatched 😂 if mr woods wants sexy he isn’t getting it anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 10

littlepup

VIP Member
Thanks ladies, you’re all wonderful and so nice to have people understand.
I know my not pregnant friends would think ‘you’ve been sick for a few weeks, big deal’ but being pregnant and right at the end, I’m like, “what if I’m sick when baby comes, I’m not giving my other child enough time, what if I’m passing infection to baby, I’ve got so much to organise, what if I go into labour with a cracked rib?” Etc etc and it’s 🤯

Oldest has woken up full of cold again so they can’t go off as planned but Mum’s here to help. I’m just praying I don’t get this one! Soft play is an actual portal from hell!

• Heart

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
Oh my gosh! I don’t even have the words to express my gratitude to all who took the time to read and respond to my post. I was too embarrassed to have a look at replies until now.

Thanks for all your advice, I am currently seeing the mental health team and a domestic violence social worker at my hospital. I think most people are just so happy that I’m no longer with him, that they fail to see that I’m struggling and despite everything I still miss him & don’t know how to really process it all.

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I’m always worried if I order something new I’ll regret it and then I’ve wasted a meal 😅 not ashamed to admit when McDonald’s have a new menu I’ll order the new thing, plus a nugget happy meal and a double cheeseburger for “safety” in case I don’t like the new thing 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Congratulations @Elle Woods, how many weeks were you when he was born? Hope you are being supported and you and your gorgeous boy have a smooth NICU ride and he’ll be home before you know it. Sending lots of love, please lean on us when you need to xx
I’ve just had a look back at the pregnancy thread and on Friday she was just under 29 weeks 💙

Sending you all so much love @Elle Woods and keeping everything crossed for you and your special little boy. He will be tiny but oh so strong already.

As everyone else has said please lean on us for support. We’ve all been with you so far through your pregnancy and we’ll continue to be with you through your NICU journey and beyond xx

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
To be honest I don’t actually know why I’m sharing this, I don’t actually want any advice anymore because we’ve dealt with it but fuck me it was a tragic time.

On Mother’s Day I posted our baby scan as an Instagram post to announce. Cutest day, loads of likes and comments. Then my OH goes out to work and I get a message request. Not good. Never normally is. Thinking I’ve been cheated on. Nope, it’s worse! It’s a girl telling me she has a child with my boyfriend. From before I met him. But only just before. As in, they met and had a very short non committed fling and then she was pregnant within the two weeks of them seeing each other. In Dec 22. She told him she was pregnant, and then he replied that he wasn’t ready, wasn’t looking for serious thing and wouldn’t like to play a part if she continues with it. She said that was okay and she wasn’t expecting him to want to. He met me ONE month later, Jan 23. Was infatuated with me, and we were serious really quickly. Didn’t fucking tell me about this girl though. So the whole time we have known each other, a girl was pregnant and then had his baby without me knowing. He never contacted her about the baby. She didn’t contact him, apart from telling him she was in labour and he wished her the best. That was it, until she saw my post. She can’t stand that he’s now having a baby he wants, but ignores her and their child. So she’s told me out of spite hoping it’ll ruin our relationship. It very nearly did. It’s a beyond betrayal he chose not to tell me, and let me decide if this was too much to take on. If he had told me early last year, this would NOT have affected us. He obviously thought she really WAS okay with him not being there and it would never come out and was scared to lose me if he told me. Despite it being the shock of my life, I was really nice to her until she started being spiteful sending me pictures of me and him going “You two look nice here, shame I was pregnant with his baby” and commenting on my baby scan post / demanding it was taken down out of respect to her. Utter nut job, haven’t a CLUE what he was doing putting it god knows where before me. I’ve been going back and forth in my head since. I’m at peace with it now, but to be honest he’s got away with it thanks to me already being pregnant. I’d of packed up and left if I wasn’t. He’s a PERFECT partner to me daily, he’s kind, thoughtful, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. He’s always aiming to spoil me and provide for us. But he’s a fucking idiot. I’m basically Annie Kilner, minus the cheating. I’m upset that my first pregnancy has been heavily tainted by so many tears, arguments and that the baby has had to feel my emotions. A part of me really didn’t want to be pregnant anymore when I initially found out.

You’d actually think I was on Corrie or that I’m from some ghetto background. I am not! Of course, we don’t ACTUALLY know 100% it’s his either. But the upset is the same he still withheld.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Well ladies I have been truly influenced 🤣 now if anyone could direct me to the comment that explained in very clear terms how to use it 😅 I thought I had it screenshot.

& the pizza box to the left is all your fault for the takeaway talk last night 😂 I couldn’t resist.
Step 1: make bottle as normal in a bottle
Step 2: pour made and mixed bottle in to rapid cool
Step 3: tip rapid cool upside down for a few seconds until the “light” changes colour indicating the contents are too hot
Step 4: shake, shake, shake. It says for 2 minutes but Baby R is on 4oz right now and it takes about 10 shakes to cool. When the light goes green it’s ready
Step 5: pour back in to bottle, feed baby who’s screaming like they’ve never been fed despite only waking up 3.5 minutes ago.
Step 6: stare in amazement at the rapid cool and wondering how it works
Step 7: wash it and it get in the steriliser asap so you’ve got one ready for the next time your starved baby wakes up

• Haha
  • Heart

George01

Chatty Member
The opposite end of the formula spectrum is my partner.....with our first he didn't realise there was a little ledge in the formula to balance it out and I saw him using a card to do it like he was doing drugs 😂😂😂😂
I was like there's a ledge there hun......hahahahaha

• Haha

George01

Chatty Member
Maternity clothes are so hellish sometimes!
My poor little nan passed away last week, very shocking, but all I can think about it how I'm gonna be 36 weeks pregnant at her funeral, what on earth am I supposed to wear? Just hoping it's not a hot day!
PS, I know I sound selfish but it's a Catholic funeral too they go on for about 70 years!

• Sad
  • Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Thanks everyone, I’ve had pretty much no sleep as I’ve been on the monitor most of the night and he’s just not hitting criteria 😔 ir seems my pulse is really low which is affecting the baby. I’m waiting to see the consultant, I’m so exhausted 😔 the only good thing is they were desperate for me to eat just something so I’ve managed to wangle 3 portions of jelly and ice cream so far 😂 nothing else appeals to me

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
No he’s never had cheese on toast or a cheese toastie. If I make cheese on toast he starts gagging and has to leave the house til the delicious melty cheese smell has gone 🤣 and if I get cheesy chips from the chippy he makes them put it in separate bags so the “cheese stench” doesn’t “contaminate” his chips 😂
When my HG was really bad I could only keep down grated cheese and waffles and he had to make it for me because I couldn’t stand up. Every time he tied a towel around his face and wore DIY goggles then bleached the kitchen side and went straight in the shower as if he was making me anthrax and waffles or something 😂

I think I’m the only person left in the UK that doesn’t like Taylor swift 🙈
---
Omg gutted I missed the sweetie chat, I have such a sweet tooth! I’d pick sweet over savoury every day of the week! My fave are the pink and blue fizzy bottles, rainbow belts and those blue dolphin things. I also love giant strawbs though. Fav chocolate is a Terry’s chocolate orange. Omg I love skittles as well, the skittles desserts are immense.
---
Ps that pizza with no cheese is the weirdest thing ever 😂
Have you tried the skittles McFlurry?

Agreed on the pizza it’s disgusting 🤣

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
Libraries usually have baby scales if you’ve got one near.

Last time my adult home ones weren’t really accurate and it was Covid so I put baby in a bag and used a suitcase weigher 😂
IMG_4437.jpeg

• Heart