Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
Oh @Elle Woods sounds like there’s a gap between the ante and post natal midwife care so you’re a bit in limbo. As Raspberry said, the midwives don’t really do a great deal PP but check baby’s feeding and health and your MH and healing at home before you’re passed on to the HV, so realistically I guess they don’t really have a role just yet, but you’d think there would be another service to cover the interim for NICU mums.
I’m guessing you don’t have a second to think so I had a quick google and this looks like a relevant resource https://www.bliss.org.uk/

Remenber though most hospitals have a birth reflections/de-brief service if you think you need help to understand exactly what happened and why. I know your priority is baby but if you think it could help, please take the time for yourself too while baby has the NICU care.
You should also still be able to access the maternity MH services depending on your trust. It’s a real crap situation that you’re expected to advocate for yourself when you’re so exhausted and all your energy is on baby but if you need it, and if you can, mum’s wellbeing has a big impact on baby so it’s as much for him going forward as it is you. Lots of love to you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Laughalong

VIP Member
If anything it’s a gentle reminder to be really careful on what you post if you don’t want someone to find you I didn’t even really think you’d be able to get as far as they did off me sharing a bargain I got on Vinted 😂. It only had the seller’s name, not mine.

Thank you everyone. It’s a shame one has to ruin it for all, as 99% of this thread has been really supportive and made a huge difference to my pregnancy

• Heart
  • Wow

Elle Woods

VIP Member
im having such a rough time 😞 ive been admitted now for the third time in my pregnancy. Im struggling so much this is the hardest thing ive ever done - hats off to you ladies who do it over and over! They’re worried about blood flow to the baby and the size. I’m so scared 😔

• Sad
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Be prepared soon as one flies out they just automatically ask if you’re gonna have another, I’ve got two and people love to ask ‘is that it then?’ ‘having any more?’ ‘is a third one the way?’ Let me give my womb a break!!!
🤣 is it bad me and Mr R are already talking about no2? We’re going to start trying asap 🙈

• Heart
  • Haha

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Ok.. moving on from weirdos with too much time on their hands! I’m feeling baby kick a lot in the morning and evenings now. At our scan this week it showed she’s also still lying transverse with head on my right hand side. Apparently she’s a very relaxed baby! 🥰

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
for my first poo I used my 4 year olds step he has for the toilet to put my feet up on and it helped me get it out! Lovely convo 😂😂 Just had me lunch

It was the first wee after getting the catheter out for me - I just couldn’t get my bladder going!! I was sat on the toilet for ages, opened the door to the midwife and said i can’t do it, she said put the tap and on and have a wiggle. So i put the tap on, sat on the loo and wiggled round a bit, then I started weeing and got so proud of myself I had forgotten I’d put the tap on and the sink had overflowed and water was coming out the sink 😂😂 I opened the door to the midwife and was like , good news I’ve had a wee; bad news I’ve flooded the bathroom 😂

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Omg Baby Watermelon pooed last night and as I was changing her she did that thing again when she aimed it right at me and it shot right out of her straight on my new pj’s that i got for my birthday 😂 Not only once, but twice. I screamed so loud my partner came running down the stairs thinking something bad had happened 😂

• Haha

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
Well ladies I have been truly influenced 🤣 now if anyone could direct me to the comment that explained in very clear terms how to use it 😅 I thought I had it screenshot.

& the pizza box to the left is all your fault for the takeaway talk last night 😂 I couldn’t resist.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I'm getting too stressed trying to choose my death row meal 🤣
Can I have have two courses of alllll the tapas? Followed by sticky toffee pudding with custard?

And Pina Colada to drink please.

Why did I write that like I'm putting in a rewire expecting one of you to knock on my door to deliver my order soon 😆

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Registered Baby R at the doctors the other day, they sent me a text with a link saying to fill it out to register to manage any prescriptions, jab appointments etc online for him. The text was “To the parents of Baby rasp” so they know he’s a baby.
I got this email today….
IMG_6806.jpeg

Sure let me just whack out his driving licence for him to hold up for a pic hun. Do you want his council tax letter for proof of address too? Xo

• Haha

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I'm so squeamish and have such a weak stomach I literally gag at the slightest thing, I'm petrified of a poonami! My mum and boyfriend genuinely said they're worried about how I'm going to cope changing pooey bums because I've such a weak stomach 😂 I threw up after my boyfriend did a smelly fart once, no joke!! 😂(it's one of his proudest moments)😂People keep telling me that boys have a habit of weeing as soon as you take their nappy off and I'm praying that doesn't happen 😂

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I hope your MIL feels incredibly fucking guilty. How horrible for you. Sending love
She won’t care. BIL’s twins are poorly with it too and they have other health issues so that’s a newborn baby and poorly 6m old babies she’s spread her germs to without a care in the world.

He’s got a viral infection and his chest is gurgling like a draining washing machine when he lays flat. It’s awful. He looks so sad and poorly 😔

• Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Just had Baby R weighed. 10lb 9oz 👀 so he’s put on 3lb 1oz in 5 weeks. My poor arms 😭 he’s now the weight they predicted he’d be on my growth scans. I can’t imagine carrying that weight around in my bump 😳

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Love that this thread has been made.

My boyfriend knows about Tattle and the pregnancy thread and I was saying to him how invaluable I have found it. It’s so nice seeing the same names, knowing where everyone’s up to and sharing our moans/happiness/dilemmas. I don’t know anyone pregnant in real life so would have massively struggled not having anyone to have the conversations with. Peanut has been a weird place and I can’t even bring myself to consider Reddit as I feel like I could post something about having a cold and some lunatic will tell me I’m probs losing the baby. I love it here.
I feel the same about the pregnancy thread! I also love that everyone joins around 4-8 weeks asking the same sort of questions we all did about disappearing symptoms, early scans, how many tests are too many, how booking appts work etc and the same people who were asking the questions a couple months ago are the ones now reassuring anxious women and giving advice 😊

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I wonder if they're selling the rapid cools for a good price at the baby show this weekend.
Half expecting one of you to be manning the stall for it 🤣

• Haha