Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably shouldn't admit this but I recall it was quite late in life (I think late teens/ early 20s) when I realised that women have a different hole which we pee from!
Honestly I still don’t really know now the difference

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This! I have dedicated plastic cup to wee in first. I took loads of the little pots home so it’s easier. All about the glamorous pregnant life!

help me everyone, I’m obsessively watching cleaning TikTok’s and want to scrub every inch of my house I’ve made a list of things to get from
B&M… But also I’m 36 weeks now, still working and knackered 😂
I’ve been trying to deep clean the loos at home for weeks now but keep getting too tired, also have an urge to scrub all the skirting boards as well..

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We went out for lunch so having toasted sandwiches for tea.. pregnancy craving has always been easi single cheese toasties.. happy pregnant lady.,

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We have no food in, but I've got an eyebrow appointment in a minute next door to a nice chippy so I think it'd be rude not to grab one.

Baby brain is in full force this week. Mr Brew is working late tonight and asked me if I want to grab food while I'm at my brow appointment. I'd totally forgotten I had the appointment so thank goodness he remembered.

Then a friend I've not seen in years just messaged me with a picture of the exact Birthday card I'd ordered for Mr B from bump, turns out I accidentally ordered it to be sent to her 😭🤣

I need help hahaa

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Guys, how do you pee in the tiny bottles? This morning most my pee went on my hand and all over the bottle. Did someone here mention buying a funnel before?
Ah this has been such an ongoing topic of conversation between my two best friends and I (one of who is 8 months pregnant)!

My GP seems to have the thinnest bottles ever, best friends GP has 'normal' sized ones so she picked me up a stack! I did buy disposable gloves and also used a Gü pot to collect in but my best friend has a specific tub she takes in a bag to appointments if she hasn't been able to do a sample at home!

So am I right in saying to not really take the baby measurements they do seriously? First one tomorrow at 30 weeks

So am I right in saying to not really take the baby measurements they do seriously? First one tomorrow at 30 weeks
I had a growth scan at 36 weeks the day before they got her out and they measured her at 4 lb 8 from the scan and she came out 5 lb 1 … so it weren’t way off. i know people that they gave measurements way off though

I’ve known loads of people who have said that they were wildly inaccurate for them, but for me, they were almost spot on. I had a growth scan 4 days before my baby arrived and they were only 100grams out. I then had another emergency scan the day before he came and that was even closer at only 30 grams out! He was measuring very very small.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Was having a chat with a friend yesterday and was just wondering what you ladies thought about getting baby bits in a charity shop?

Was having a chat with a friend yesterday and was just wondering what you ladies thought about getting baby bits in a charity shop?
Majority of the stuff we bought for number 1 was second hand from charity shops/fb/Vinted. As long as you get car seat and mattress new (and we did bottles too for when we needed them later on), it will be fine. Just give everything a wash. It’s so much better for the environment.
Sorry edited to say that judging people for buying in charity shops is so like 2000? I didn’t even realise it was a thing any more.

Reactions: 4
Personally I haven’t, not because I’m against it just because I don’t really go into my town centre where they all are! I guess it’s not really any different to buying off Vinted/marketplace really. If I were to buy anything secondhand like clothes I’d just wash before use and any other baby bits I’d just give a good clean too. There’s certain things I’d never buy second hand but generally speaking I can’t see anything wrong with it

Reactions: 3
We bought all new but that’s because we plan on using it again. I’ve got a few bits of clothing from vinted but the majority of it was new and all the other ‘stuff’ is new.

I don’t mind it tbh. My fellas Nan used to work in a charity shop by our house when I was pregnant with our first and she got us bag loads of stuff. Some looked brand new, some still had the tags on, some were proper naff. I just went through them all and picked out what I liked. I think it’s just the same as buying from Vinted, market place etc. You can get some really nice stuff. But I prefer buying new and fresh personally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.