Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@watermelon sugar was if you who was saying about Baby Melon sounding like a pig in the night? 😅 i can’t remember, everything’s a blurrrr. But if so Baby Rasp was also sounding like a pig, snorting, really noisy etc at night but we’ve started him on comfort milk this week (he started struggling with wind) and the pig noises and noisy sleeping has stopped and he’s much more peaceful and quiet at night. Just thought I’d mention it incase it was worth a try for Baby Melon (if it was her sounding like a pig 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes it was baby melon who sounds like a pig! It’s literally only at night though i don’t understand!? Apparently it’s normal idk 😅

• Heart
It was the same for Baby Rasp. All day he was fine, even lying down, but as soon as I lay him down at night he was so noisy. But he’s nice and quiet on comfort milk 🤣 I think the noises can be normal too though. Well TikTok says they can 😂

• Heart
Oooh I’ll give her a go on the comfort milk and see if it quietens Miss Piggy down. Are you allowed to just change milk!?

• Heart
Oooh I’ll give her a go on the comfort milk and see if it quietens Miss Piggy down. Are you allowed to just change milk!?
As long as you stick to the same brand I think it’s fine. It’s just slightly thicker than normal milk so doesn’t get as bubbly and it doesn’t come up as easily (which is what I’m guessing makes Baby R quieter at night because it’s not coming up a bit and causing all the weird noises?)
---
Oh god 😂

As long as you stick to the same brand I think it’s fine. It’s just slightly thicker than normal milk so doesn’t get as bubbly and it doesn’t come up as easily (which is what I’m guessing makes Baby R quieter at night because it’s not coming up a bit and causing all the weird noises?)
---

Oh god 😂
You’ll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

• Haha
I’ve no issue with charity shops I just don’t tend to go to them - as others said it’s no different to vinted. I’ve got a lot of hand me downs and will be using vinted to get some spare newborn suits in - a lot have just been washed but never used.

Also back to the subject of wee samples- why do they always call you in when you’re in the middle of doing one?! Talk about pressure !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve used vinted for a LOT of baby clothes. I had a habit of not being able to see a good bundle go. For example I got all the following for £7.60 altogether! And it was all barely worn. I just think obviously I’m re washing it all anyway. I did buy a LOT of these bundles though so honestly I have too many clothes.

Mod edit, all don't post screen shots with your social handles and/or use this thread to give airtime to trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
Majority of the stuff we bought for number 1 was second hand from charity shops/fb/Vinted. As long as you get car seat and mattress new (and we did bottles too for when we needed them later on), it will be fine. Just give everything a wash. It’s so much better for the environment.
Sorry edited to say that judging people for buying in charity shops is so like 2000? I didn’t even realise it was a thing any more.
Got all my stuff second hand apart from clothes cause they were gifted. Baby bouncers etc just do the rounds on fb marketplace. What's point in paying full price?

Reactions: 2
With oldest growth scan was spot on. This time I’ve had 4 and they’ve followed a pretty similar path but we’ll see. They’re 8lb at 37+4 🙈

Was having a chat with a friend yesterday and was just wondering what you ladies thought about getting baby bits in a charity shop?
I got clothes, books and toys from charity shops.
There are subscription services where you pay £30-40 a month to recieve toys or clothes, you send them back and get more. They’re marketed as very ethical and middle class but tbh, I don’t see the difference to a charity shop! I can spend £10 in the charity, take it back the next month and buy £10 more and everyone wins 🤷🏼‍♀️

Almost everything was second hand first time.
Pram was the one we wanted in pristine condition, I just replaced the hood fabric £100 vs £900+ and I’m so glad because I hate it and switched to a stroller asap. Ikea high chair, gro egg and travel cot & sheets from same friend.
We had new clothes but got my cousin’s kids entire wardrobe (and they were biggggg, designer buyers) Also some sleep sacks, Baby bath, silicone food stuff, bibs, tethers, all sorts.
Another cousin loaned breast pump and bits to try before I bought but I used their hand pump, Milton, Moses & next 2 me (inc some sheets) play gym mat, this ring thing they could sit in, sling and baby carrier, fancy change mat.
I did get a car seat from a friend who’d only really got it to get baby home and it’d been Covid so basically new, that was the one thing I was iffy on but trusted the source.
I up cycled the wardrobe and used a sideboard/table as a change station, and old rucksack for a change bag until I got a storksac one off eBay to travel with. Second hand stroller from a yard sale for £5 for grandparents.
I’ve now bought a second hand but brand new cradle from a friend of a friend and a close caboo from Vinted. I need a baby carrier still but might go new

Not to sound like a twit but I could afford to buy everything new no problem, I just didnt & I reckon I saved thousands and have no regrets. Baby didn’t suffer for it one iota and neither did I. Tbf that’s probably why I was ok with it, if I’d had to do it it’d be depressing and I may feel guilty even, so I do get the privilege. We still got stuff ourselves new, the next size 360 car seats we had to buy 3, that was pricy! A fancy rip off stokke highchair but got a deal. The travel stroller. Clothes and shoes, cot, dummies, bottles feeding bits, breast pumps, more toys and tethers, bedding, totter and tumble mat all sorts. I’ve got a new Baby Bjorn bouncer for this one.

We gave back a lot when both cousins had another baby along with things we’d got new. I’m now sorting a load more for a friend’s daughter’s imminent arrival as they’re the same gender as our first.

Actually the only regret is that we didn’t know if we’d be able to have another so there are things I’m having to buy now that we borrowed last time as they’ve since got rid of. If I’d have known, I’d have got new first time abound.

(I got all new mattresses except the travel cot that’s only been used once)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
My first borns growth scans wasn’t correct. They said 9.9 a day before he was born, he was born weighing 7.12

Not got anything yet but I screenshot this on Insta earlier, thought it was a lovely idea which I know he will love ❤
I just made this for my husband for Sunday with our scan photo from this week - love it so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just sneezed & wee’d myself in Selfridges
---
In all seriousness I’m gonna probs become more of a silent reader given how today went. I’m not fussed on what actually happened but it’s clear some people read this thread to not be supportive so I don’t really fancy posting about my life anymore. So baby is all good I don’t want anyone to think it’s about something going wrong in the pregnancy if I don’t post anymore!

I hope they’re happy knowing they caused upset to a pregnant person ☺

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
---
In all seriousness I’m gonna probs become more of a silent reader given how today went. I’m not fussed on what actually happened but it’s clear some people read this thread to not be supportive so I don’t really fancy posting about my life anymore. So baby is all good I don’t want anyone to think it’s about something going wrong in the pregnancy if I don’t post anymore!

Ahhh I'm sad reading this! I hope whoever it is is happy with themselves, still baffled about why they were so arsed tbh.
I hope you still pop up here as much as you're comfortable doing so x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just made this for my husband for Sunday with our scan photo from this week - love it so much!
Awww Iv done the same, got a cute scrapbook from Etsy just need to put the scan picture in it and write a little message to go with it 🥰
---
---

No idea what happened but hope you are ok! What a shame though 😔 this is one of my favourite threads cause of how much support we all for each other so it’s sad to hear this

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
With oldest growth scan was spot on. This time I’ve had 4 and they’ve followed a pretty similar path but we’ll see. They’re 8lb at 37+4 🙈

I got clothes, books and toys from charity shops.
There are subscription services where you pay £30-40 a month to recieve toys or clothes, you send them back and get more. They’re marketed as very ethical and middle class but tbh, I don’t see the difference to a charity shop! I can spend £10 in the charity, take it back the next month and buy £10 more and everyone wins 🤷🏼‍♀️

Almost everything was second hand first time.
Pram was the one we wanted in pristine condition, I just replaced the hood fabric £100 vs £900+ and I’m so glad because I hate it and switched to a stroller asap. Ikea high chair, gro egg and travel cot & sheets from same friend.
We had new clothes but got my cousin’s kids entire wardrobe (and they were biggggg, designer buyers) Also some sleep sacks, Baby bath, silicone food stuff, bibs, tethers, all sorts.
Another cousin loaned breast pump and bits to try before I bought but I used their hand pump, Milton, Moses & next 2 me (inc some sheets) play gym mat, this ring thing they could sit in, sling and baby carrier, fancy change mat.
I did get a car seat from a friend who’d only really got it to get baby home and it’d been Covid so basically new, that was the one thing I was iffy on but trusted the source.
I up cycled the wardrobe and used a sideboard/table as a change station, and old rucksack for a change bag until I got a storksac one off eBay to travel with. Second hand stroller from a yard sale for £5 for grandparents.
I’ve now bought a second hand but brand new cradle from a friend of a friend and a close caboo from Vinted. I need a baby carrier still but might go new

Not to sound like a twit but I could afford to buy everything new no problem, I just didnt & I reckon I saved thousands and have no regrets. Baby didn’t suffer for it one iota and neither did I. Tbf that’s probably why I was ok with it, if I’d had to do it it’d be depressing and I may feel guilty even, so I do get the privilege. We still got stuff ourselves new, the next size 360 car seats we had to buy 3, that was pricy! A fancy rip off stokke highchair but got a deal. The travel stroller. Clothes and shoes, cot, dummies, bottles feeding bits, breast pumps, more toys and tethers, bedding, totter and tumble mat all sorts. I’ve got a new Baby Bjorn bouncer for this one.

We gave back a lot when both cousins had another baby along with things we’d got new. I’m now sorting a load more for a friend’s daughter’s imminent arrival as they’re the same gender as our first.

Actually the only regret is that we didn’t know if we’d be able to have another so there are things I’m having to buy now that we borrowed last time as they’ve since got rid of. If I’d have known, I’d have got new first time abound.

(I got all new mattresses except the travel cot that’s only been used once)
Oh wow! You’re a pro 😊
I bought all new with my first & thought I was one and done & gave it all away, now with second I’m determined not to spend the mad money I did first time round.
Obviously like everyone else I give everything a good wash, etc.
Was excitedly telling my friend I’d gotten a Charlie Crane rocker, as new for a tenner & a whole new mum starter pack haakaa (unopened) for a fiver. And the look of horror on my friends face took me by surprise.
I missed what happened earlier but f them. I love your informative posts.

Awww Iv done the same, got a cute scrapbook from Etsy just need to put the scan picture in it and write a little message to go with it 🥰
---

No idea what happened but hope you are ok! What a shame though 😔 this is one of my favourite threads cause of how much support we all for each other so it’s sad to hear this
Yeah same. Totally missed what happened but don’t feel discouraged! ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.