Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of which I’m bored and wfh, gonna go mess with my rapid cools for the first time. Not unboxed them yet we’ve had them months!
---
I’ll 100% be expanding our collection if they add coloured ones. Currently searching for the two tone ones but can’t see them on sale anywhere?!

Amazing! 🤣 when we went for lunch with family we had ours and BIL had theirs for the twins and all the grandparents were like wtf that’s amazing 🤣
In store at Aldi only whenever they have them in for the two tone sadly!

Tested the Rapidcool. Shocked how quick it is, for some reason we thought it had to go a brighter green to mean it’s done, not any green! So wow it really is quick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
How many people have done an antenatal course (in person)? I’ve just found out ours has been canceled which is so annoying, it was a 10 min walk from us and was counting on it to learn and also meet other couples nearby. 😔😔
When I had my first all the classes were cancelled because of covid. This time round we weren't eligible, apparently only first time parents are eligible. I did some online courses and got to make some parent friends once my eldest started nursery.

Not even any two tone ones on vinted 🥲

I just told Mr R they’ve got coloured ones coming soon and thankfully he was almost as excited as me 😂

— — —
Don’t anyone be drawn in by the Peachies nappy advertising on insta. We’ve just had our sample pack delivered and they stink. They smell really plasticy 🤢

I’ll 100% be expanding our collection if they add coloured ones. Currently searching for the two tone ones but can’t see them on sale anywhere?!

Amazing! 🤣 when we went for lunch with family we had ours and BIL had theirs for the twins and all the grandparents were like wtf that’s amazing 🤣
I’ll sell you mine for £100 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Really branching out here I just used my cold water steriliser for the first time, I've been microwaving my mam bottles but I detest using a microwave!
Dunno why I didn't use it to start with it's so easy!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really branching out here I just used my cold water steriliser for the first time, I've been microwaving my mam bottles but I detest using a microwave!
Dunno why I didn't use it to start with it's so easy!
I’ve not even attempted to sterilise my Mam bottles in the microwave! I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s interesting how much I’m living vicariously through my unborn baby doing his nursery. Sad but also sweet. My parents never made the effort to every do me or any of my siblings a nice bedroom when were younger. No decorations, posters, painted walls or anything like that. Just a bed in a room and drawers with whatever walls/flooring our rented house was at the time. All the furniture second hand, and it would already come battered. This isn’t actually a sad post though, it’s more how excited I am that I’m able to do my dream room for someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s interesting how much I’m living vicariously through my unborn baby doing his nursery. Sad but also sweet. My parents never made the effort to every do me or any of my siblings a nice bedroom when were younger. No decorations, posters, painted walls or anything like that. Just a bed in a room and drawers with whatever walls/flooring our rented house was at the time. All the furniture second hand, and it would already come battered. This isn’t actually a sad post though, it’s more how excited I am that I’m able to do my dream room for someone else.
I’m like this - I can’t wait to give my kids all the things I didn’t get to have when I was younger

A Dad is the first thing 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m like this - I can’t wait to give my kids all the things I didn’t get to have when I was younger

A Dad is the first thing 🤣
This is exactly what Mr B says too 😂 he’s going to be such a good dad as a result. I think there is something lovely about planning a better life for your children than you’ve had.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel bad we aren't doing a nursery, we rent this house so we're limited in what we can do, and baby will be having what's currently my little home office room but we aren't even planning on getting a cot until she's a few months old as she'll be in the snuzpod with us for the first few months I think?!

• Heart
I feel bad we aren't doing a nursery, we rent this house so we're limited in what we can do, and baby will be having what's currently my little home office room but we aren't even planning on getting a cot until she's a few months old as she'll be in the snuzpod with us for the first few months I think?!
We’re also not doing a proper one, well defo not decorating and/or buying her lots of furniture, just the basic stuff as we don’t have the space.

• Heart
I’ve not even attempted to sterilise my Mam bottles in the microwave! I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it 😆
We microwaved ours for the first day or so. Mr R melted the bottoms of them and the cold water steriliser came out. Now we have 2. One for rapid cools and one for bottles 🤣

Are rapid cools the new Stanley cups?!
I don’t know what I love more. The rapid cools or my Stanley cup. It’s definitely close 🤣

Re nursery’s - I kind of wish we hadn’t bothered tbh
🤣 Mr R still sleeps in there, the cot is still in a box in the garage, Baby R has never even been in the room. And I’ve joined so many co-sleeping groups on fb trying to get advice on safe chest sleeping overnight that I’m now considering using his cot as a “side car” when he outgrows the next to me and then getting a floor bed for us all when he outgrows that 🙈

We rent too so aren’t touching the walls, instead doing A3 framed prints and more command stripped things than holes in the wall 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I thought I was done with my first, so bought two bed. Currently a housing crisis so no chance of moving anywhere anytime soon. First is turning 12, so no chance of them ever sharing a room either. New baby will have to make do with a corner of my room 😂

• Heart
I’m now considering using his cot as a “side car” when he outgrows the next to me and then getting a floor bed for us all when he outgrows that 🙈
We did this. Couldn’t get them into their own room or even the cot in our room and I needed to sleep so we went (with trying to get them on their own in between) next2me > co-sleeping/cot bed with one side off as a massive next 2 me> cot bed as a bed about 2 ft away from my side of the bed. Eventually into their own room.
We got the purflo maxi nest, which is rated for over night sleep, at about 7mths hoping it’d make the cot more cosy. It didn’t work but we put it between us in the bed as it felt safer than just in the bed ‘loose’ and they’d sleep happily in there until they got a bit bigger. (We did get a super king though, don’t know if we’d have managed in a double)
It was all very against guidelines but it got to the point that is was more dangerous me trying to care for them in the daytime or drive on zero sleep than finding the safest ways to co-sleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart