Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We did this. Couldn’t get them into their own room or even the cot in our room and I needed to sleep so we went (with trying to get them on their own in between) next2me > co-sleeping/cot bed with one side off as a massive next 2 me> cot bed as a bed about 2 ft away from my side of the bed. Eventually into their own room.
We got the purflo maxi nest, which is rated for over night sleep, at about 7mths hoping it’d make the cot more cosy. It didn’t work but we put it between us in the bed as it felt safer than just in the bed ‘loose’ and they’d sleep happily in there until they got a bit bigger. (We did get a super king though, don’t know if we’d have managed in a double)
It was all very against guidelines but it got to the point that is was more dangerous me trying to care for them in the daytime or drive on zero sleep than finding the safest ways to co-sleep.
Did the cot with a side off work? That’s what I’m looking to do. We’ve got a super king but it’s so high off the floor so like you I’m trying to find a safe way to co-sleep because I know I’ll want to keep doing it (even if he doesn’t 🤣).

We microwaved ours for the first day or so. Mr R melted the bottoms of them and the cold water steriliser came out. Now we have 2. One for rapid cools and one for bottles 🤣

I don’t know what I love more. The rapid cools or my Stanley cup. It’s definitely close 🤣

Re nursery’s - I kind of wish we hadn’t bothered tbh
🤣 Mr R still sleeps in there, the cot is still in a box in the garage, Baby R has never even been in the room. And I’ve joined so many co-sleeping groups on fb trying to get advice on safe chest sleeping overnight that I’m now considering using his cot as a “side car” when he outgrows the next to me and then getting a floor bed for us all when he outgrows that 🙈
we did the cot hack with our first and also moved them into a floor bed in their own room age 13 months (we still continued to co-sleep in our bed too)

they are still in the same floor bed now at almost 4 (a double mattress on a super low slatted frame) and would recommend to anyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bloody hell filling out nursery place forms is hard work when baby isn't here yet.
Child's name? "Tbc"
Child's date of birth? "Erm, the future"
Then having to decide how many and which days to put her down for. Mr B could not sound less interested when I'm trying to work out if I should drop 1 or 2 days a week at work for the first few months at least. Stupid football distracting him. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bloody hell filling out nursery place forms is hard work when baby isn't here yet.
Child's name? "Tbc"
Child's date of birth? "Erm, the future"
Then having to decide how many and which days to put her down for. Mr B could not sound less interested when I'm trying to work out if I should drop 1 or 2 days a week at work for the first few months at least. Stupid football distracting him. 🙃
Just drop 2 and then say he agreed to make up the financial shortfall if there is one. He can’t deny it if he’s distracted by football 😝

we did the cot hack with our first and also moved them into a floor bed in their own room age 13 months (we still continued to co-sleep in our bed too)

they are still in the same floor bed now at almost 4 (a double mattress on a super low slatted frame) and would recommend to anyone!
Was the cot thing easy enough to do? I’m wondering how we’re gonna fix it to our bed as it’s a divan rather than slats or anything we can tie it around. Realistically I think Baby R is going to need a cot way before 6m because he’s long and already shuffles around the next to me and ends up contorting himself in a corner 😂

Just drop 2 and then say he agreed to make up the financial shortfall if there is one. He can’t deny it if he’s distracted by football 😝

Was the cot thing easy enough to do? I’m wondering how we’re gonna fix it to our bed as it’s a divan rather than slats or anything we can tie it around. Realistically I think Baby R is going to need a cot way before 6m because he’s long and already shuffles around the next to me and ends up contorting himself in a corner 😂
Can you put the cot against the wall and shove your bed up against it? Our superking is so heavy I can’t even move it (it’s an ottoman one and has loads of stuff underneath with a pretty heavy mattress)

Although, my kids just slept in the bed with me and I relegated my partner elsewhere so we all slept!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Elle Woods hows super baby doing? And how are you doing?
He’s doing great thank you! I can’t believe how well he’s doing. Made some really positive steps in the last few days, although he probably still won’t be home for a good few weeks, it feels like we’re finally on the pathway to discharge and each day spent is one day closer to finally bringing him home ❤ I’m okay too thank you, I think I’m struggling a bit with PND or maybe PTSD?! I’ve not properly processed everything that’s happened so I am speaking to someone later in the week about it but im doing okay.

how are you?! ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He’s doing great thank you! I can’t believe how well he’s doing. Made some really positive steps in the last few days, although he probably still won’t be home for a good few weeks, it feels like we’re finally on the pathway to discharge and each day spent is one day closer to finally bringing him home ❤ I’m okay too thank you, I think I’m struggling a bit with PND or maybe PTSD?! I’ve not properly processed everything that’s happened so I am speaking to someone later in the week about it but im doing okay.

how are you?! ❤ xx
Glad to hear you are speaking to someone about it all, must be so much to process along with having a teeny baby in the hospital. I hope it’s helpful for you. So glad little man is doing well, what a superstar!

I’m good thanks, just tired, but 20 week scan next week ❤

• Heart

how are you?! ❤ xx
So happy to hear little man is over his infection and on the path home. How old is he now?
Good for you for reaching out. Can be so easy to push it all down and put ourselves second. I hope the next few weeks fly in & he’s home before you know it xxx

• Heart
Can you put the cot against the wall and shove your bed up against it? Our superking is so heavy I can’t even move it (it’s an ottoman one and has loads of stuff underneath with a pretty heavy mattress)

Although, my kids just slept in the bed with me and I relegated my partner elsewhere so we all slept!
No our room is massive with big windows either end so I wouldn’t be able to push the cot against them 😩 I could maybe wedge it between my bed and my wardrobe but I’d worry about the end of it moving out. I need some way of connecting it to the bed I think. It must be possible I can’t be the only one who wants to do it with a divan bed.

how are you?! ❤ xx
So glad he’s doing well 🩵 it’s a massive thing you’re going through so even if you’re feeling ok right now it’s good to speak to people who can help you process it all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Feeling so guilty today. Feel like I'm not doing a good job with wee man because I'm not doing activities during the day with him outside of feeding, changing, sleeping and a bit of tummy time. Also feel bad that 99.9% of the stuff we have for him was the threenagers so there's nothing much that's just his. Feel like I'm not doing a good job with the threenager either, feel like all my attention is on wee man so I don't get one to one time with him any more and I'm still in pain so can't play with him much on the weekend. We're also having to move him to the guest room so wee man can have his room and he can then have a big boy bed. We're hoping to move but won't be for a while. Just feel like the threenager keeps getting pushed aside whilst wee man is just getting hand-me-downs and nothing his.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did the cot with a side off work? That’s what I’m looking to do. We’ve got a super king but it’s so high off the floor so like you I’m trying to find a safe way to co-sleep because I know I’ll want to keep doing it (even if he doesn’t 🤣).
Forget we did just co-sleep without the cot there for a while, we had a bed guard. It was when I was trying to get them into their own room and would end up bringing them in.
It did with a bit of a bodge. The height was fine, their matress was lower but not an issue and there was a few inches gap that I filled with my old pregnancy pillow lengthened out, a pool noodle would’ve worked. But they were at an age that they could safely move and turn so no suffocation risk.
The cot was heavy enough it wasn’t attached. It never moved once though and we have wood floors. You can buy straps that go right under the matress with a disc on the end so they can’t be pulled back through, pic below.
It’s a pain to have to shuffle off the end of the bed but after pregnancy and the next2me, you’re used to it.
Chicco does “Next2Me forever” which is a massive next2me, I don’t know much about it but might be worth a look.

IMG_5677.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Feeling so guilty today. Feel like I'm not doing a good job with wee man because I'm not doing activities during the day with him outside of feeding, changing, sleeping and a bit of tummy time. Also feel bad that 99.9% of the stuff we have for him was the threenagers so there's nothing much that's just his. Feel like I'm not doing a good job with the threenager either, feel like all my attention is on wee man so I don't get one to one time with him any more and I'm still in pain so can't play with him much on the weekend. We're also having to move him to the guest room so wee man can have his room and he can then have a big boy bed. We're hoping to move but won't be for a while. Just feel like the threenager keeps getting pushed aside whilst wee man is just getting hand-me-downs and nothing his.
I didn't want to scroll and not say anything, I desperately wish I could come and give you a massive squeezey hug. I can assure you that you absolutely are doing a fantastic job. It can't be easy juggling two young children especially when baby jelly has had such a rubbish time with cradle cap etc. But you've continued to put their needs first. It's extremely normal for second, third etc children do get hand-me-downs but they most certainly won't care. I was the third and wore both my older sister and older brothers pre-loved clothes and never once felt bitter or unhappy about it. The very fact that you're worrying is proof enough that you are a wonderful Mum. Please be gentler to yourself, you deserve so much happiness x

• Heart
@Jellycat369
I’m with you here. I feel exactly the same.
I can’t even remember what I did with oldest when they were newborn and awake but I know I had more time for them.
Oldest is a different gender and baby is reusing a lot of the stuff I can ‘get away with’, particularly until they’re out of new born and into the gifted stuff and the bits I bought.
It’s silly as oldest had a lot of second hand clothes and toys and non-gender specific stuff but for some reason I feel bad this time. Realistically baby won’t know. Maybe it’s because I’m ’taking it away’ from oldest even though they don’t need it.
It doesn’t help that eldest started to withdraw a bit toward the end of my pregnancy and I had to rely on family to help a lot when I was really poorly and I’m still having to say ‘sorry mummy can’t’ so often because I’m physically compromised still.

I did buy baby some nice new muzzys though which are nice to have. Im hoping it’ll get easier when I’m fitter and baby can engage or at least go in the bouncer next to us while we play.

• Heart
I finally used the magnesium oil spray I got a few weeks back, the cramps in my legs and feet are getting so frequent and unbearable I was looking forward to trying it. Except now the skin I rubbed it into has gone insanely itchy. Can you even be allergic to magnesium?! I also got cramp in my toes while rubbing it in and then twinged my back while in a hurry to stretch the cramp out. Honestly had enough how uncomfortable I am lately 😩
At least I've had a whole day now with no acid reflux, so swings and roundabouts I guess 😅

• Sad
I finally used the magnesium oil spray I got a few weeks back, the cramps in my legs and feet are getting so frequent and unbearable I was looking forward to trying it. Except now the skin I rubbed it into has gone insanely itchy. Can you even be allergic to magnesium?! I also got cramp in my toes while rubbing it in and then twinged my back while in a hurry to stretch the cramp out. Honestly had enough how uncomfortable I am lately 😩
At least I've had a whole day now with no acid reflux, so swings and roundabouts I guess 😅
Yes! It did this to me too. I had to wash it all off but it was so itchy! It was “better you” brand.

I took/take magnesium tablets and got a weighted blanket to put across my legs which worked wonders.

• Heart
Yes! It did this to me too. I had to wash it all off but it was so itchy! It was “better you” brand.

I took/take magnesium tablets and got a weighted blanket to put across my legs which worked wonders.
Can I ask what size/weight blanket you got? I'm definitely going to give one a go

Can I ask what size/weight blanket you got? I'm definitely going to give one a go
125x180cm as OH wouldn’t want it anywhere near him and 6kg. They’re supposed to be about 10% of your body weight apparently but I folded it in half and just put it on my legs so probably didn’t use it properly anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️
It was about £20 on Amazon but annoyingly can’t be machine washed. Only used it over the duvet so far but I’d look for one with a removable cover if I was to buy again.

• Heart
It’s baby Watermelon’s first vaccinations today! I’m dreading it! I cried more than my first born when he had his so I will probs be the same this time too 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s baby Watermelon’s first vaccinations today! I’m dreading it! I cried more than my first born when he had his so I will probs be the same this time too 😂
I’m dreading this too, I well up when the vet even has to give my dog ear drops and pin him down 😅😅 let alone my actual child being jabbed by a needle and crying!

• Heart