Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I told him a bag of coke might be more useful today 🤣 at that point he offered to go get me a Starbucks?! I just want sleep not drinks 🙄
In all seriousness can you ask him to do this so you can sleep today? This is my biggest gripe about when our baby arrives. I’m going to literally have to act as a timetable keeper with my husband and make him stick to it, otherwise he’ll always have something “more important” pop up like a work call or a lunch with an old friend or whatever.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If I asked him to he’d definitely have stayed up with him. But he’d have put him infront of dancing fruit and then had a nap himself on the sofa or scrolled tiktok rather than doing stuff with him and probably ignored his angry/sad noises. He thinks it’s all happy sounds so ignores it which means baby is overtired and miserable later 🙄 Whereas I’ve managed to get him to have a good sleep on me now and he’s much happier and we’re playing with his playmat. It’s just easier to do it myself than deal with a grumpy baby when I wake up.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just nap when the baby naps 🤗 even if it’s a contact nap and babies on your chest. The messy house (if it’s messy) can wait. Sleep is more important!

Baby W just had the biggest poonami in the Asda. I went and changed her and she had a little skid so I wiped, it was like I opened the gates, it just kept coming and coming, she had a dead nice outfit on too so I had her legs up in the air trying to dodge it all going on her nice outfit. People were trying the door, was sweating me tits off trying to get this poo sorted, swear I was in there for about 45 mins 🤣 It just wouldn’t end 😂 I was genuinely scared to put a nappy on her in case she just pooed and did it all over again 😂 But she didn’t she just went back in the pram and fell asleep. Must be a mad life, just sleeping and getting pushed round the supermarket then occasionally waking up for some scran and a massive poo. Alright for some 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m going to nap with him for his next nap. I didn’t this morning because we had blankets and stuff (thank god the temperature has dropped) and I was worried I’d suffocate him 🙈 but we’re both wearing warmer clothes again now so he won’t need a blanket 😊

omg they’re the worst! We had one in the middle of the night when he was on my bed. I didn’t know what to save first my bed, his clothes so I didn’t have to wake him up fully and change him, stop his legs kicking in it so I didn’t need to bath him it was a nightmare. And the wipes and bags were out of arms reach. We got in a right mess by the time he stopped 😩

Did you manage to save the outfit?

A couple of days ago he was lying on my legs with just a nappy on when he started to poo but he was due a nappy change anyway so I thought I’d get him to the changing mat incase it leaked. Well, thank god id wrapped him in a muslin when he was on my lap because by the time I got him the 10 steps to the changing mat it was leaking. Every time he pushed it was coming out the top at the front, the sides, up the back etc. How can such tiny beings have so much poo inside?? That was definitely a wipe off and dunk in the bath poo 😂

---
How was Baby Melons 6 week check? Has she put on enough weight for a sleeping bag??

• Haha
when I read these poo posts I’m honestly okay with never meeting my baby, they can live inside me forever

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was like that but I promise you when it’s your own you don’t actually mind. Yeah there’s some gross ones but you’re so focused on them and getting them clean and comfortable again you don’t really pay attention to the poo

Just nap when the baby naps 🤗 even if it’s a contact nap and babies on your chest. The messy house (if it’s messy) can wait. Sleep is more important!

Baby W just had the biggest poonami in the Asda. I went and changed her and she had a little skid so I wiped, it was like I opened the gates, it just kept coming and coming, she had a dead nice outfit on too so I had her legs up in the air trying to dodge it all going on her nice outfit. People were trying the door, was sweating me tits off trying to get this poo sorted, swear I was in there for about 45 mins 🤣 It just wouldn’t end 😂 I was genuinely scared to put a nappy on her in case she just pooed and did it all over again 😂 But she didn’t she just went back in the pram and fell asleep. Must be a mad life, just sleeping and getting pushed round the supermarket then occasionally waking up for some scran and a massive poo. Alright for some 😅
The classic bum-wipe-triggered-poonami. A firm favourite with wee man 🤣

• Haha
Baby G exploded all over my parter in the hospital 😂 2 and a half years we had 0 poo on us with our first and baby G lasted 12 hours hahahaha.
He also peed on me while they lifted him up to show us he was born, God knows of that went inside me or on the gown, I'll live happily not knowing!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just back from the Dr with wee man. Been prescribed something else for his cradle cap and an antifungal cream for his arm. It's never ending 🤦‍♀️

Seeing the dr myself next week. I found a lump a couple of weeks ago that I thought may have been a swollen gland as I was sick. It's not gotten better, am scared because both my parents has cancer 🙈 Also hoping to speak to them about my mood issues too as I can't cope any more ☹ Fingers crossed it all works out

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hope Baby Jelly is better soon!

You’re doing the right thing by getting checked. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing but with your family history it’s obviously best to get everything checked out asap. Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just back from the Dr with wee man. Been prescribed something else for his cradle cap and an antifungal cream for his arm. It's never ending 🤦‍♀️

Seeing the dr myself next week. I found a lump a couple of weeks ago that I thought may have been a swollen gland as I was sick. It's not gotten better, am scared because both my parents has cancer 🙈 Also hoping to speak to them about my mood issues too as I can't cope any more ☹ Fingers crossed it all works out
Share your worries and thoughts here whenever you want, we are here for you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Poor thing, I hope you can find something that works. It's so horrible to see them suffer.
I'm not surprised with that, health concerns and sleeplessness you're not feeling good. Well done you for planning to speak to them about it, they should fast track you as part of the perinatal pathway, make sure they put 2&2 together. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Is the lump boob related? I had a scare last year but the 2 week rule meant it was a really speedy process, I only wished I'd done it sooner. Hopefully you'll find the same and in just 3 weeks you'll be feeling a huge weight lifted x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Seriously what is wrong with my brain during pregnancy

Ordered what I thought was a Claire De Lune moses basket replacement mattress, an A4 envelope has just been delivered. Boyfriend brings it up. “Well where’s my mattress?” I open the envelope. I ordered a moses basket mattress waterproof PROTECTOR.

I did think £7.99 was a stupidly good price yesterday 🤭.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thanks for the kind words guys, you're all so kind 🥰

@littlepup: It's in my armpit and I know lymph nodes are there so figured it was all tied in with me being poorly. It's not gotten better though and it's limiting my arm movement now 😬

• Heart
My 4 year old is so clever! He just turned round to me and went ‘25+25+25+25 is 100’ and I replied ‘is it?’ 🤣 Maybe i’m just thick!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thanks for the kind words guys, you're all so kind 🥰

@littlepup: It's in my armpit and I know lymph nodes are there so figured it was all tied in with me being poorly. It's not gotten better though and it's limiting my arm movement now 😬
Fingers crossed for you it’s a similarly speedy process and completely benign x

• Heart
Had a scare today, had some bleeding and it’s the first time anything bad has happened since the embryo transfer. Babies are all good, they listened to the heartbeats and they were both fine. They said to monitor over the weekend and if it’s still happening on Monday to call and they’d get me in for a scan to see where it could be coming from.

it’s mostly stopped now but I’m feeling so wobbly this evening, just so desperate for these babies to stay safe and keep growing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Those who’ve already had their babies/have older babies - what age do you try and establish a solid evening routine with them? We have a loose bath, nap, 10 mins of play, bottle then cuddles in bed with mummy til he’s asleep thing going on but sometimes it will start at 6pm, other times at 9pm depending on what kind of day he’s had or if we’ve been out. Tonight for example it started at 6:30 with his bath. Yesterday he had his bath much earlier because of a poonami so that wasn’t part of bedtime routine. He’s a good sleeper generally at night so im happy to go with the flow and just bath, bottle, cuddles and bed whenever he seems ready but Mr R who doesn’t have to implement this routine and does about 30 mins of childcare a day is keen to get him down for 8:30 every night so I can ‘get some time to myself’ (when Mr R is at work, so presumably so I can do bottles, tidy up etc…). But I think he’s a bit young yet. He wakes up around the same time in the night etc but apart from that I’m doing everything on demand. Should I be trying to get a routine going already?
---
Had a scare today, had some bleeding and it’s the first time anything bad has happened since the embryo transfer. Babies are all good, they listened to the heartbeats and they were both fine. They said to monitor over the weekend and if it’s still happening on Monday to call and they’d get me in for a scan to see where it could be coming from.

it’s mostly stopped now but I’m feeling so wobbly this evening, just so desperate for these babies to stay safe and keep growing
Sending you big big hugs! Lots of rest over the weekend. I hope everything is ok 🤞🏼

Personally I wouldn’t worry about a routine yet, if doing stuff on demand is working for you then carry on with that. But if you’d like some more consistency then give it a go, some babies love a routine and some don’t. Don’t do it because Mr R says so though, just do what’s best for you and baby R

• Heart