Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aggytha

VIP Member
Eeeek I think this is the thread that a few of us are going to have our babies 🥲🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
The thing I miss the most about being pregnant is the movements and kicks 🥰 cos it’s just you and baby, once their out everyone else is fussing over them 🤣 but when their inside and you lie down and their moving about it’s such a special feeling. Does that sound normal 🤣

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Mad! Most of our names have just been mentioned here, our current leader twice.
The thing putting me off though is that the midwives have all said, when we mentioned it, “oh we get a lot of those”.

Boys we like the Rory, Rafe, Ralph, Rowan vibe.
Or Billy, Freddie, Eddie basics. Then the Issac, Toby, Zack, Oscar names.

Girls we love those mentioned but not seen anyone say Marnie which is another favourite.

Baby was born on the longest day and the sunrise driving in was like fire. I’ve been looking at names relating to that but nothing usable is coming up.

Tell me you prepped for a c-section without telling me….😳

IMG_4906.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I'm enjoying the time off for appointments. My appt letters say it may take 2 hours and so far they have been quick so I usually run errands or have a coffee before going back to work.

I'm fascinated by the science of it and that there is a baby inside me and it is half me and half my husband. The other night we were in bed and he was stroking my stomach and I was thinking this is all I've ever dreamt of.

I'm enjoying my mum's reaction. My dad passed away almost two years ago (suddenly and unexpectedly and fairly young :-() and this is her first grandchild so I feel like it's given her some purpose and happiness.

Also can't wait for time off work as I'm just so burnt out!

Looking forward to when I feel the kicks too.

I don't like not being in control of my body and not being as active as before but keep saying to myself it's just a phase in life and it will be worth it.

• Heart

Bumblebee2019

I can’t believe I’m finally in the last bracket before being full term! I joined these threads way before 12 weeks like most of us did absolutely terrified now I’m 5 weeks from my due date!

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
*adds pram sheets to baby wishlist and pretends to have known to add them all along*

Eek.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Anyone else have rapidly decreasing patience these days?! I think it was barely even 3 hours into this working week when I sat there wondering if I'd get sacked for knocking half my team out, and if I'd actually be that bothered if I did. Like would baby B mind if her first home is a tent cos I sacrificed mat leave pay and lost our home? Hmmm 🫠🤣

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I can’t stress this enough, if you ever feel babies not moving enough or haven’t felt them in a while and you’re worried, please go get checked out, even if you’ve been every day for the last 10 weeks or if you were already there that morning. It’s so important 🤍 I wouldn’t have known something was wrong with baby Melon if I didn’t go in as much as I did and that she needed out early 🤍 never feel like you’re annoying them, that is their job!! And your babies more important than an annoyed midwife 🤍

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Been for my 28 week midwife appointment this morning and they’re sending me for the glucose test and growth scans because they think baby is measuring a bit big. Now I’m getting myself so worried, even though I’m always on here telling people not to worry and it’s probably fine. I just don’t want to be induced or to be booked for a section because my first birth went so easy!

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
So glad to hear he’s doing well and having lots of good days. How are you feeling?
I’m mostly okay, I’m exhausted and mentally I’m finding it hard to come to terms with what’s happened but I think I’m doing okay all things considered. Just taking it one day at a time x

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Just got a load of old baby clothes out of the loft I actually couldn’t believe how much stuff I saved! When’s everyone washing baby clothes? Currently 31 weeks!
Soon as there's a place to put them.
I'm regretting putting things off now everything feels like so much more effort!

Had my last ante-natal midwife appt today. Well, I can have the 38wk one but she said there's no point really as they'll be doing my c-sec pre op then anyway. Feeling very real!!
Baby is head down but no where near engaged and we couldn't get the handheld ultrasound to work but everything seems to be as it should.

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
33 working days to go. I can do this, can't I?!
I say that while sat here wanting to tell everyone in the office to f off and just pay me to nap 🙃

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
No 4d images for us today even after our walk. We have to come back in a couple of weeks. Disappointed 😞

• Sad

littlepup

VIP Member
I’ve been really struggling over the weekend. A bit of a back story, we announced our pregnancy at our wedding 2 week ago. I was 16 weeks, only our parents knew and I’d told a few close friends who weren’t at the day, just evening. I thought it would’ve been a really lovely moment and 90% of it was but since it was announced my auntie, cousin and grandma were upset that I never told them before.

they’ve not bothered with me, blanked all my wedding photos, not acknowledged anything and I’m feeling really disappointed at their reaction.

also, my husbands brother and girlfriend announced they were expecting at my wedding too when they knew that our plan was to announce at the wedding so I’m not getting any support from my husbands side either.

just feeling really down, spent the weekend going through my wedding photos and lovely messages I’ve received even from complete strangers. you really do realise your families true colours. 😞
I can’t believe your bro in law did that!!
As for the others, are you sure it’s because you didn’t tell them before hand?
2 things about pregnancy and other people I found, and for you the added thing of the wedding and in-laws makes it worse…

1. People love to be on the inside track, they want to be the one who comments on the FB post “oh I’m so glad everyone knows know, I was so scared of blurting it out” or some such thing that tells everyone how important they are. Some will get the hump if they’re not and be like “well, I’m obviously not that important so..”

2. With the exception of a small handful of people, no one really cares that much, especially if they’ve never done it/not for a long time. Your whole world is blowing up, it’s all you can think about, your hormones are all over the place amplifying everything too and to them “well everyone does it, it’s not that special”. They get interested toward the end, when baby arrives but they’ll gradually drop off again. And that’s ok because they have their own lives and worries. Maybe they’re struggling with their own fertility, maybe they don’t like kids, maybe they’re scared to ask or superstitious, maybe even though it’s so important to you, it really isn’t that big of a deal in the scheme of things. When something is soooooooooo important to you, you’ll always feel disappointed that it isn’t to others but if you can manage your expectations now, you’ll feel less sad down the line. My advice is to just keep facilitating the relationship with the baby unless it’s absolutely clear they actively don’t care but if you don’t get a text back, they might just be busy. Try not to “if you don’t bother with us, we won’t bother with you” unless you’re very clear it’s a snub.

I think about my own reaction to friend’s & family pregnancies, I was excited when I heard, “liked” pictures and updates, asked if I saw them, but I didnt always go out of my way. I did care, but I was too wrapped up in my own life and didn’t get it.

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
or two tampons, if you wanna go for the extra vavavooom look 💃🏼
That reminds me, all the complaining I do about all the pregnancy symptoms and side effects, there are at least 3 really good things:
Not having to use tampons for a solid 9 months.
Getting a much longed for baby out of it.
Meeting all of you and being part of this lovely, supportive little community.

What would others add to that list?

Oh, one more from me...being able to get away with almost anything saying it's baby brain or baby wants it 🤣

• Heart

Tazzie

VIP Member
In the emergency department, had weird flashing lights and couldn’t really see when I woke up at 3:30 this morning. Took my blood pressure and it was high, went to GP and they advised to go to hospital. Was seen within 5 mins of arriving, blood pressure checked twice and they put me on a monitor for hair an hour. Nurse thinks all is ok but just need to see the doctor.. cannot fault the services here in Ireland what so ever. Also had a yummy bagel with bacon and cream cheese from hospital coffee shop, delicious. Sitting here now with a good book and a coffee waiting till hopefully told I can just go home x

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I went and bought some of those huge oversized t-shirt night dress thingies from Primark today and oh my god why didn't I do this sooner. Soooo much comfier than anything with a waistband.

Although I got one ready to put on, got undressed, turned around and it had gone. Looked up to find Mr B had decided to model it for me 😆 can't say the lilac aristocats look quite suited him but it could have been so much worse 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9