Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

scouseconstantine

Currently sat in 29’c degree heat, ice cold Pepsi in hand by the pool wondering why I ever panicked about getting on a plane 😎 already thrown up breakfast but I’m confident a snacky lunch will stay down 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Amylaauren

I’ve been really struggling over the weekend. A bit of a back story, we announced our pregnancy at our wedding 2 week ago. I was 16 weeks, only our parents knew and I’d told a few close friends who weren’t at the day, just evening. I thought it would’ve been a really lovely moment and 90% of it was but since it was announced my auntie, cousin and grandma were upset that I never told them before.

they’ve not bothered with me, blanked all my wedding photos, not acknowledged anything and I’m feeling really disappointed at their reaction.

also, my husbands brother and girlfriend announced they were expecting at my wedding too when they knew that our plan was to announce at the wedding so I’m not getting any support from my husbands side either.

just feeling really down, spent the weekend going through my wedding photos and lovely messages I’ve received even from complete strangers. you really do realise your families true colours. 😞

• Sad
  • Heart

Thatgal4

Just found out I’m pregnant with number 3!! I’m 37 and have 2 kids age 2 and 8. This happened totally out of the blue and I am not prepared! How hard is it to go from 2 - 3 kids?!

• Heart

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I felt the baby for the first time today! Had a feeling of bubbles in my stomach for a few seconds :love:

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Hi ladies just a bit of a rant as I need to get it out but feel free to scroll x
Just feeling really shit today mentally, probably the worst I’ve felt so far because I think it’s just really hitting me that I’m actually going to be a parent and I love him so much already and I want the absolute best for him but I’m so scared that I am not the best and that breaks my heart because I just want to be able to give him everything he deserves.

I have ADHD and I weirdly have felt a lot more in control of myself and felt like my symptoms have been so much better in pregnancy up until the past month and I’ve just kind of let everything fall around me, I’ve been neglecting everything in the house, struggling to focus at work, impulse buying so much shite that I don’t need, literally spent hundreds this month on stuff that I don’t need and I feel so guilty that I’m bringing a precious baby into my life when I’m so bad at being a functioning adult.

If anybody has read this, I don’t want sympathy or anything along those lines but just had to let it out and wondering if anybody else has had any similar feelings

As others have said, the fact that you’re worrying about this makes you a great Mum already.

I think for deep thinkers pregnancy/motherhood brings out so many anxieties because the responsibility is enormous. It brings up every self-doubt you’ve ever had because suddenly you feel a need to be the best version of yourself but, you’re in completely new territory.
You’d never start a new job or activity and on the first day expect to be an expert, perfect at every aspect, completely prepared for every thing it could throw at you and you’d forgive yourself if you weren’t. But in motherhood we demand so much of ourselves. We’re our own worst critics.

Fortunately, I found that babies ease you in. They don’t need a perfect parent from day 1. They pretty much need a safe sleep space, fed, changed, loved and patience.
As such, look at safe sleep guidelines, hunger cues and feeding guidelines, make sure you know to pull the frills out of the nappy and the blue line means it’s wet, give them all the cuddles they need and if you need a break, ask for help or place the down for 5 mins in a safe space. Also look at signs of colic, over heating, normal breathing etc but you will know instinctively if something is up.

And you don’t need to keep buying. There’s not an outfit or gadget in the world that will make you a better mum or he’ll miss out on if you don’t have. There are some that will give you more time and less stress so will make it easier but you’ll find out as you go. You don’t need it all from day 1. Know if they don’t sleep or have reflux it’s nothing you’ve done or didn’t do. Babies are not comparable either, what anyone else is doing or thinks works is their experience.

You will be fine, and more likely, you’ll be fucking great!
And everyday will bring a new challenge or worry but you’ll figure it out, even if it requires seeking help, and it too will eventually pass.
Meanwhile, you’ll have this amazing little human and in the middle of another sleepless night when you feel adrift you’ll look at his little face and know you are his home and you will get through anything, for him 🤍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Omg tested and the test line came up straight away. I thought it was control line at first, but after 5 mins the test and control were both there.

Kind of in shock, have a 5 year old son, had never fallen pregnant again and was being referred due to gynae issues.

Spent last weekend extremely boozy at the eras tour Edinburgh... big ooops but didn't even clock my period was late 🙈

Dreading if I get morning sickness again. Can't remember when it started last time.
46953C5A-0A88-4616-8296-655A8864A1AB.jpeg

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
We had a gro egg but it broke so got some cheap amazon digital ones (2 for £8 or something silly) which were fine too.

They text me my c-section date today, 39+4. As mentioned I went into labour naturally last time at 38+6. I left a message but couldn't get through to anyone. I spent 8 mths wanting to go into labour naturally and get a c-sec on arrival but after she explained the risks it's panicked me now. It's sent me a bit anxious tbh but I'm not sure if it's just having a date.
As much as I dislike pregnancy and want baby out now, this will be my last which is so final, plus I'm still poorly so just not feeling ready or capable. It really is such a wild ride.

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
We have the 4d scan tomorrow and I am beyond excited but still torn whether to find out the gender or not! I feel like I keep going on about this 😂 my husband wants to know and I’m so tempted so I can buy proper outfits that aren’t just white! But also think we’ve come this far.

I’ll see you all tomorrow to tell you it’s a boy 😂

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
My eldest came to the hospital to visit us and He. Did. Not. Give. A. Shit.

Wasn’t interested in me, the baby, the presents we got him 😂 (he was just 2) hopefully your little ones are more interested

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Been awake all night worrying about the future. Worried how on earth we're going to afford nursery fees and still be able to enjoy the odd takeout or weekend away/holiday. We've got zero childcare support here apart from the odd evening. All my friends with kids telling me it'll be fine you just make it work. But they've all got both sets of parents helping out during the week. My parents are at the other end of the country and are too elderly to leave with a baby for a day regardless. My OHs dad unexpectedly passed away last year and OHs Mum is sadly extremely disabled so relies on carers to do everything for her as it is. No other family nearby who could help other than OHs sister who juggles a full time job and 3 gorgeous kids of her own as well as being one of her Mum's care givers.
Feel like I'm letting baby down before she's even here 😥

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Anyone else just cry at everything? I cried today because I realised this baby is probably going to have to commute to work 🙃

I’m 3 months pregnant 🫡

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Elle Woods

VIP Member
How’s your superhero boy today?
He’s doing really well thank you 🥰 he had a little tiny set back today but I had a good long chat with the medical team who have reassured me that this is nothing to be worried about and perfectly normal for a baby of his gestation. Generally though they’re all saying he’s doing really well ❤ I can’t believe how quickly hes putting weight on and it feels like his face changes every single day ❤

I hope your pregnancy is progressing well xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12