Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think that pregnancy insomnia is in anyway a preparation for when baby arrives.. no sleep club here consistently every night, wide awake from two to five, or am I totally deluding myself in my naïveté?? 😁
My Mum always said to me when you’re awake during the night when pregnant is when the baby is awake for a feed 🤣 it might just be a coincidence but the night feed I do always seems to be 3/4ish and I was always awake at 4am 😂😂

My Mum always said to me when you’re awake during the night when pregnant is when the baby is awake for a feed 🤣 it might just be a coincidence but the night feed I do always seems to be 3/4ish and I was always awake at 4am 😂😂
This better not be the case for me. I’m waking up every hour right now. Currently holding onto the hope that surely it can only get better 😂

Reactions: 1
Oh that makes me feel much better..😂

Baby R was always awake 1am til 4/5am when he was inside but now he only wakes up at about 3 or 4 for a feed and straight back to sleep so it’s not the case for us

Reactions: 4
The next to me chat was v helpful!! Our bedroom is so so tiny (new build problems) and I have absolutely no idea where we can put a Moses basket never mind a crib!😩😩😩
We have a new-build and (obviously depends on your room layout) but we have ours in front of my bedside table (I can open the drawers a little bit or move the SnuzPod forward a bit when Baby Parsley isn’t in it if I need to open them more fully to get stuff) and in front of the door to our en-suite. I can wiggle around the SnuzPod if I need to get in the en-suite but on the whole we mainly use the big bathroom off the landing. I don’t know if that’s an option for you!

I’m so stressed, trying to do a gender reveal for our families and Mr 10 has bleeping 25 family members to come and I’ve only got 9 so now it’s turned into this massive thing that I don’t want!

(if you don’t like gender reveals please be nice I can’t deal with any more tit today)

All I wanted was family there to do one of them confetti canons and for our families to get to know eachother as they haven’t met yet. It’s only a gender reveal not a baby shower so I don’t want a big thing, I just wanted a nice garden party with a few little buffet bits and now I just don’t to do anything.

Mr10 isn’t really supporting me, I’m so angry and I want to forget it all and just cry and be on my own.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so stressed, trying to do a gender reveal for our families and Mr 10 has bleeping 25 family members to come and I’ve only got 9 so now it’s turned into this massive thing that I don’t want!

(if you don’t like gender reveals please be nice I can’t deal with any more tit today)

All I wanted was family there to do one of them confetti canons and for our families to get to know eachother as they haven’t met yet. It’s only a gender reveal not a baby shower so I don’t want a big thing, I just wanted a nice garden party with a few little buffet bits and now I just don’t to do anything.

Mr10 isn’t really supporting me, I’m so angry and I want to forget it all and just cry and be on my own.
I'm so sorry you're having a challenging time with this.
Could you try having a proper sit down talk with him, explaining that when you agreed/suggested this you had something much more intimate and low key in mind just with your immediate families.
And that you think a bigger gathering would be better suited to a baby shower. Make sure you tell him the current plans are making you overwhelmed and stressed and that it's really getting you down.

I really hope you're able to sort something with him x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Could you scale it back to just parents and siblings? That would cut the numbers dramatically surely? I wouldn’t want that many people either!

Reactions: 3
I'm so sorry you're having a challenging time with this.
Could you try having a proper sit down talk with him, explaining that when you agreed/suggested this you had something much more intimate and low key in mind just with your immediate families.
And that you think a bigger gathering would be better suited to a baby shower. Make sure you tell him the current plans are making you overwhelmed and stressed and that it's really getting you down.

I really hope you're able to sort something with him x
Thank you for replying!

Unfortunately that is his immediate family as they are all quite close and they see each other every single Friday night.

I just don’t know what to do, usually they are all over his Grandparents house on a Friday evening and to me adding 9 people to that won’t be much of an issues but Mr 10’s mother has said it’s not fair on his grand parents and I’m like well it’s not fair on my family to host 25 people 😂

I think it’s ridiculous to hire a place and pay for food just for a gender reveal so I’m pretty stuck atm, I said to do like a bring your own picnic to a park close to us but the weather says to expect thunder storms so that’s no reliable so I’m kinda stuffed atm x

Reactions: 2
Thank you for replying!

Unfortunately that is his immediate family as they are all quite close and they see each other every single Friday night.

I just don’t know what to do, usually they are all over his Grandparents house on a Friday evening and to me adding 9 people to that won’t be much of an issues but Mr 10’s mother has said it’s not fair on his grand parents and I’m like well it’s not fair on my family to host 25 people 😂

I think it’s ridiculous to hire a place and pay for food just for a gender reveal so I’m pretty stuck atm, I said to do like a bring your own picnic to a park close to us but the weather says to expect thunder storms so that’s no reliable so I’m kinda stuffed atm x
What about an intimate gender reveal with your closest family just before his go off to the grandparents on a Friday evening and they can tell everyone else that way?

What about an intimate gender reveal with your closest family just before his go off to the grandparents on a Friday evening and they can tell everyone else that way?
Yeah I think they will end up being separate atp x

Thank you for replying!

Ah it's a nightmare, we had similar with my first, my sister hosted it for us though. I think if both sets of families feel it's unfair to have to host the other side though you need to speak to tour partner about it cos there has to be a compromise somewhere?
Did you speak to his grandparents to see if they were OK with 9 extra people or did his mum just immediately shut that idea down?

Reactions: 5
Ah it's a nightmare, we had similar with my first, my sister hosted it for us though. I think if both sets of families feel it's unfair to have to host the other side though you need to speak to tour partner about it cos there has to be a compromise somewhere?
Did you speak to his grandparents to see if they were OK with 9 extra people or did his mum just immediately shut that idea down?
Yeah it’s really hard ini coz I don’t want anyone to feel left out.
I’m not speaking to him and he’s made no effort to speak to me so we will not be talking about it today, no we haven’t asked MIL immediately just shut it down we probably will ask once we are friends again x

• Heart
Yeah it’s really hard ini coz I don’t want anyone to feel left out.
I’m not speaking to him and he’s made no effort to speak to me so we will not be talking about it today, no we haven’t asked MIL immediately just shut it down we probably will ask once we are friends again x
Ah bloody hell, it's a minefield with mixing families sometimes! I hope you find some common ground on it soon, sounds like he doesn't realise how important the reveal is to you, make sure when you're talking again you let him know! Men are blind sometimes x

Ah bloody hell, it's a minefield with mixing families sometimes! I hope you find some common ground on it soon, sounds like he doesn't realise how important the reveal is to you, make sure when you're talking again you let him know! Men are blind sometimes x
Yeah really he’s work and peoples opinions don’t help do they!
Thank you,! Me too I’m sure we will, yeah I don’t think men completely get the stress, the hormones, the change in your body and feeling like your body isn't yours on top of having to be organised x

Honestly when I think about gender reveal baby showers whatever the whole topic bleeping traumatises me now after how my auntie reacted about me not wanting one on my side. She quite literally proved how feral my family is and she’s supposed to be one of the good ones.

Really lucky my MIL offered to host for my OH’s side. And she’s paying for it. She just wants to know what food I’d like and if I want her to order a cake. Yet my family are going to play shocked and confused when I end up at my in laws for Christmas Day etc with the baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
While I’m sooo grateful for all the hand me downs, my SIL dropped 3 bin bags of newborn and 0-3 clothes to me today. There’s easily enough clothes for 6 children. It’s far too much and my apartment is far too small 🫣 what do I do? What is the etiquette for this??

While I’m sooo grateful for all the hand me downs, my SIL dropped 3 bin bags of newborn and 0-3 clothes to me today. There’s easily enough clothes for 6 children. It’s far too much and my apartment is far too small 🫣 what do I do? What is the etiquette for this??
I’d say exactly what you’ve said! I’d go through and take the stuff you want and give the rest back..!

Take what you need and donate the rest! She’ll never know.

Got told on Friday I’ll need extra growth scans cos my last baby was tiny, kind of expected it but it’s still made me anxious and emotional. Does this mean I’ll be consultant led?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.