Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I’m sooo grateful for all the hand me downs, my SIL dropped 3 bin bags of newborn and 0-3 clothes to me today. There’s easily enough clothes for 6 children. It’s far too much and my apartment is far too small 🫣 what do I do? What is the etiquette for this??
Tbh I hated this! With my first LOADS of people dropped us off clothes and yeah we should be grateful but half the time it’s just people using you to get rid of their stuff and then you’re ended up with loads of stuff you don’t need/probs won’t use! I just went through the stuff and picked what I really liked/knew what he’d wear and took the rest the charity shop. I just don’t have the room 😆

Reactions: 5
Got told on Friday I’ll need extra growth scans cos my last baby was tiny, kind of expected it but it’s still made me anxious and emotional. Does this mean I’ll be consultant led?
Growth scans doesn’t automatically mean consultant led. It depends why baby was small, if there was a reason.
I had growth scans with my first as I was a smoker prior to becoming pregnant, but no consultant.
They should have told you at booking if you’re consultant led.

Reactions: 1
Got told on Friday I’ll need extra growth scans cos my last baby was tiny, kind of expected it but it’s still made me anxious and emotional. Does this mean I’ll be consultant led?
So this was also me, made me very anxious also. I had an appointment with the consultant the week before and after my 20 week scan. Due to previous small baby. I’m not due to see her again until after a growth scan at 37 weeks to confirm that we’re both looking good. We already know baby will be on the smaller side but it’s not seen as concern. Obviously there’s a limit to how small until intervention, my build is pretty small I don’t think I can physically fit a baby bigger in there 😅

Do you ever have such weird sensations from babys movements that you wonder what on earth they're doing in there? Last night it genuinely felt like she was doing the mexican wave across my belly.

Does it ever get to a point where you can feel exactly where baby is positioned and you can tell what limb is there, and what they're doing?

Reactions: 4
Do you ever have such weird sensations from babys movements that you wonder what on earth they're doing in there? Last night it genuinely felt like she was doing the mexican wave across my belly.

Does it ever get to a point where you can feel exactly where baby is positioned and you can tell what limb is there, and what they're doing?
I’ve got to the stage now when I can feel a foot sticking out my belly and can almost grab it 😂 as soon as I touch it though baby then tends to shift. Such a bizarre feeling!

Reactions: 2
I could feel bum, back and feet at the end! Mr R was like “how do you know it’s a bum you can’t feel a crack?” 🙄 because it’s between his back and his legs you idiot 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had a dream last night that babies foot was sticking out and I could see where the toes were - was freaky that I may see that soon.

In the last few days I’ve noticed that I can feel something sometimes like a bum or head or back - a few days ago my bump was so lopsided and squishy one side and hard the other where they’d obviously moved !

• Heart
I’ve hit 12 weeks today 🥰 scan later this week but had a private one over the weekend which was perfect. Hoping everything runs smoothly from here 🤞 it’s been a tough road to get here 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I really struggled figuring out what position baby was in during my first pregnancy! I think in the second trimester it’s easier but once they get bigger you can just feel random lumps everywhere 🤣

This time I can tell if one baby is breech (makes my heartburn 1000x worse and I can literally feel a head basically in my ribs 🤣) but other than that there’s too many limbs in there to figure out 😂 I love watching the confusion on the midwives faces as they feel my stomach. I’ve had to correct the sonographer a few times as they’ve mixed up twin 1 and twin 2 during growth scans etc!

• Heart
  • Wow
Had the most vivid dream that I’d gone to the hospital to get my bloods taken…absolutely fuming when I woke up and realised I did still in fact have to go this morning 😂

• Haha
I can never tell what body part is what! I keep getting big rolls and then it’s a solid lump which I assume is a bum but who knows 😂

• Haha
I’ve had my phone call to book in my pre-op 🙈 I know it probably sounds mad to most of you, but I feel so SO anxious at the thought of reaching my planned section date! I had an emergency c-sec with my first after a very very long labour and by the end I was just grateful that it had been taken out of my hands and they arrived safely.

The anticipation in the lead up to the planned date is really starting to stress me a bit. I obviously don’t want a big drama or emergency situation, but I can’t help but hope I might go into labour spontaneously a day or two before the date so the situation is taken out of my hands again and I don’t have time to over think it. Why am I like this 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve had my phone call to book in my pre-op 🙈 I know it probably sounds mad to most of you, but I feel so SO anxious at the thought of reaching my planned section date! I had an emergency c-sec with my first after a very very long labour and by the end I was just grateful that it had been taken out of my hands and they arrived safely.

The anticipation in the lead up to the planned date is really starting to stress me a bit. I obviously don’t want a big drama or emergency situation, but I can’t help but hope I might go into labour spontaneously a day or two before the date so the situation is taken out of my hands again and I don’t have time to over think it. Why am I like this 😭
Sending you love, when is the pre op? Do you already have a section date? Try and plan some nice things in between now and then to try and take your mind off it (if you can) xx

• Heart

I’d probably be the same! To know it’s happening on a specific day I can understand being a bit stressed with that and trying to get everything organised. I’ve only ever heard good things about planned sections before though, so many people say it’s such a great experience because it’s so relaxed and calm and everything is already in place, much better than an emergency! Why don’t you try to get a little play list ready and pick a favourite song you’d like to hear during it?

• Heart

I could've written this myself!
The anxiety about it all is too much for me I genuinely hope I go before the date they've given because it just means it's all over without me having to think about it!

• Heart

I know exactly what you mean.
I don’t get my date until I’ve had a growth scan next week @37+4 and it all seems a bit last min. But also I like that I still don’t know and “it could happen at any time”. I’m hoping sooner rather than later, If they say 39+3/4 it feels like so far away, I’m already wishing time away or just, waiting I guess. But, while I want it sooner, after they explained all the reasons planned is better than emergency, I want them to plan it sooner which I know is unlikely and I’d still have the anxiety of the count down.
Such a weird mix of Emotions.

• Heart
Hey guys do you have any recommendations on bottles? And how many to get? I know absolutely nothing 😂

Sending you love, when is the pre op? Do you already have a section date? Try and plan some nice things in between now and then to try and take your mind off it (if you can) xx
Thank you ❤ It’s this Thursday and my section is next week! They booked my date at my 28 week consultant appointment and honestly, I never ever anticipated getting this far in pregnancy (obviously I am super grateful I have!!) so I think I’m in a state of shock this is happening and we are nearly there. Even my midwife and consultant said recently they can’t believe I’m still pregnant (I am very very short and small and have had quite a few hiccups and complications with my own health this pregnancy!)

it’s reassuring I’m not alone in my feelings @Lioness1 @George01 @littlepup its all very overwhelming and confusing isn’t it! Soon this will all be a distant memory and we will have our babies here and have very different things to stress about 🤣❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I have appointments in the hospital this Tuesday and Thursday & think I’ll be getting my section date then. It’s so conflicting, while I’m dying to finally have a date, I’m also terrified that it’s nearly here.
Makes it all real 🤣

• Heart
Thank you ❤ It’s this Thursday and my section is next week! They booked my date at my 28 week consultant appointment and honestly, I never ever anticipated getting this far in pregnancy (obviously I am super grateful I have!!) so I think I’m in a state of shock this is happening and we are nearly there. Even my midwife and consultant said recently they can’t believe I’m still pregnant (I am very very short and small and have had quite a few hiccups and complications with my own health this pregnancy!)

it’s reassuring I’m not alone in my feelings @Lioness1 @George01 @littlepup its all very overwhelming and confusing isn’t it! Soon this will all be a distant memory and we will have our babies here and have very different things to stress about 🤣❤
I know it's easier said than done but rather than an op date, try and think of if as a meet your babies date. I can imagine how overwhelming it must feel though. You've got this and we're all here to support and encourage you along the way x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.