Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many people I’ve spoken to keep saying to me “whatever you do don’t let them induce you” because they’ve had really negative experiences and it is making me so anxious 😩 I wish they’d just not say anything even though I know they’re only trying to help. I’ve already been told I’m at risk of pre term labour due to a problem with my placenta and it’s unlikely I’ll be allowed to go full term as there’s a risk of rupture, so I’m hardly going to decline an induction if it’s going to be the safest option for me and baby. One thing I’ve found since being pregnant is nobody wants to tell you their positive experiences 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So many people I’ve spoken to keep saying to me “whatever you do don’t let them induce you” because they’ve had really negative experiences and it is making me so anxious 😩 I wish they’d just not say anything even though I know they’re only trying to help. I’ve already been told I’m at risk of pre term labour due to a problem with my placenta and it’s unlikely I’ll be allowed to go full term as there’s a risk of rupture, so I’m hardly going to decline an induction if it’s going to be the safest option for me and baby. One thing I’ve found since being pregnant is nobody wants to tell you their positive experiences 😂
People do always do that! I always try to make sure I am so positive about my birth experience cos it was positive for me, I had an emergency c-section and I've never felt more comfortable and relaxed in a hospital environment! My sister had 3 inductions with her babies and she speaks of her experiences all positively, her 2nd one was the hormone drip and the other 2 were the pessary.
Unsure if we are just a very lucky family but I personally just started to ignore people who gave me horror c-section stories before my first was born or I'd tell them how unhelpful they were being cos why would you do that to a very pregnant woman! It's hardly like they're preparing you for it or giving you a different option!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had what I would say a positive induction with my first baby and opted to be induced again in 2 weeks! I think birth is so personalised that in any situation weather it be induction, spontaneous labour, emcs or ecs, some people say it was the best thing for them or the worst thing for them. Try to watch some positive induction vlogs on YouTube or read some threads about positive induction stories :) happy to tell you mine if you’d like!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was induced with my first and it went perfectly! I was supposed to be induced with my second last week but had to have an EMCS, and my first induction went so well, I was disappointed I didn’t get induced because that’s what I had in my head would happen and it went well with my first! People LOVE telling stories of how things were bad and went wrong, you very rarely hear people saying how well things went. Induction in my experience weren’t that bad!

• Heart
Like everyone else says, pay no attention @Elle Woods
I always wanted a csection for various reasons, but everyone tried to put me off. I heard all sorts of horror stories about the pain, how difficult recovery is etc but I enjoyed every minute of having him. The whole experience was really relaxed, everyone in theatre was really nice and I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Yes there’s been pain but I’ve had a whole human removed from my body it’s going to be a bit sore? But I’m only on day 4 and actually the pain is fine now I’m just a bit stiff getting up and down. However if I’d listened to people around me I’d be convinced I should still be in agony, not able to do anything at all. Definitely do your own research on induction, decide whether it’s right for you, whether you want to explore other options (for example you can opt for a csection over an induction if you’d prefer, or daily monitoring of your placenta/cord/baby until you go in to labour naturally), look in to the different induction options (pessary, drip, balloon etc) and read some of the many, many positive induction stories!

The first 💩 after birth has been the worst part of it all. Listen to everyone on that and take all the laxatives they offer you after birth 🤣

• Heart
Can anybody recommend any good maternity pyjamas? They all either look like something my nan would wear or they’re about £40 which I just can’t justify for something I’m not even gonna wear out and will only use for a few months
I’ve got some maternity ones from Primark. They sell them separate so you can get the bits you need. They go over bump and have pockets! Expensive for Primark but I like them https://www.primark.com/en-gb/p/maternity-pyjama-shorts-lilac-991097243556

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think for me it’s more about reading up on the subject, so feeling like if they do offer or say I need an induction, then I understand the reasons and statistics behind it. Sarah Ockwell Smith has some really good posts on this on her website.
saying that I have a very straightforward first (spontaneous at 38 weeks, arrived in less than 12 hours) so I’m hoping the same for #2!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think for me it’s more about reading up on the subject, so feeling like if they do offer or say I need an induction, then I understand the reasons and statistics behind it. Sarah Ockwell Smith has some really good posts on this on her website.
saying that I have a very straightforward first (spontaneous at 38 weeks, arrived in less than 12 hours) so I’m hoping the same for #2!
I’ve not read too much about it yet as I see a lot of negativity around it. However I’m similar to @Elle Woods that with GD I’m likely to be induced if I don’t go into labour naturally. I see a lot in the fb group have elective c sections but I would want to avoid a c section if I can (unless it’s the best for the baby of course )

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Everyone’s birth experiences are so different and people always tell you the bad parts! I remember everyone kept saying to me, nothing can prepare you for the pain etc. I knew a few people all due before me who had inductions that lasted days then ended up with sections so I was worried about this and was ready to ask just to go straight for a section if I needed induced! There are people who are induced and it goes well and quickly, you just never know!

I had a wonderful spontaneous labour with my first, I actually think I’m one of these weird people that don’t really feel pain 😂 I’m hoping for the same again this time but so anxious that it could be so different!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks everyone, it’s so reassuring to hear people’s positive experiences and not just the negative all the time! I love this thread so much, everyone’s so lovely 🥰 I’ve found even the due date groups on fb to be a bit negative sometimes and seen some really judgey posts from experienced mums aimed at first time mums but I’m so glad there’s none of that here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think one thing I’m trying to work on is being open to things being different to what I wanted as I think the lack of control/ planning is something that’s quite scary to me!
I really like the term birth preference but I still want it to be positive if I don’t get my pool birth. Same with breastfeeding, I’d love to try it but if it doesn’t work I don’t want to be upset about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m in such a grump this morning. I feel like I’ve doubled in size overnight. I’ve tried about 6 different dresses on and nothing fits me 😭 I’m absolutely boiling and I’ve had to wear leggings and a baggy tshirt instead (it’s obvs not baggy on me though 😅)

I’m so fed up 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
I think one thing I’m trying to work on is being open to things being different to what I wanted as I think the lack of control/ planning is something that’s quite scary to me!
I really like the term birth preference but I still want it to be positive if I don’t get my pool birth. Same with breastfeeding, I’d love to try it but if it doesn’t work I don’t want to be upset about it.
A lot of people go in with this idea that they want this that and the other, but end up changing their mind! Quite often it’s ones who had their heart set on a water birth but actually didn’t like it, or wanted to go with minimal pain relief but ended up with the epidural. Keep an open mind, but it’s your labour, your body, and you have the right to choose in every decision 🥰
I much prefer birth preferences too!
And during transition, anything goes 🤣

I’d love to birth in the birth centre pool this time but it depends if my GBS swab comes back negative 🙃

• Heart
I know it’s come up a few times over the threads and we’ve all wondered how many of each thing to have in the smaller sizes where they go through them quite quickly. And if I remember right a few of the lists say 6-10 each of vests and sleep suits? So I thought I’d keep track (and I’ve just done the washing so it’s easier 🤣) in the past 24 hours we’ve used…
13 muslins
9 sleep suits
7 vests
8 bibs

Baby R is a bit sicky after feeds and we change him if he’s sick on his sleep suit, but he’s not overly sicky so not going through loads of extra.

So if you’re going by the suggestion of 6-10 of each be prepared for a lot of washing and drying! We’re having to do it every day but only because we didn’t buy newborn size expecting him to be big and if we don’t we’ll run out. We’ve managed to get 15 sleep suits and about 18 vests in newborn and it doesn’t feel like it’s enough to just relax and not worry about the washing for a day 😩

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Only just seen this and haven’t caught up but I was induced with my first because my waters went early & then he decided to poo on day 10 so had to come out, I was the exact same as you and scared because of what other people had said - I cried when the consultant was explaining everything but I promise you mine couldn’t of been any better. I was induced at 10.30pm and had him in my arms by 9am the next day! I always tell people about it now cos I’d never heard good induction stories either but honestly, if I could have that all over again for my second I’d be so happy 😂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys. I'm 7 weeks 1 day but haven't had any symptoms yet. Should I be worried? 😩
Congratulations! No, don’t be worried. Symptoms vary from person to person and they’ll fluctuate throughout - they’re not an indication at all of how things are progressing! I didn’t have many symptoms at that point either, other than tiredness, my sickness actually began in the 2nd trimester which is when a lot of ladies start to feel better! So it’s nothing to worry about - just enjoy it whilst you’re not having any of the rubbish ones 😅 if there is anything that worries you like bleeding or pain then don’t hesitate to contact your local epu x

• Heart
I’ve been drinking loads of the coolers from Costa/m&s, I’m absolutely addicted to them. Today Costa was queued out the door so thought oh I’ll get one at the *place where my kids friends party is*, I nearly cried when they said they weren’t making them as they were too busy.
I’m usually very in control of my emotions, I could actually feel myself getting teary. Over a drink!! 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Was induced on my first, brought into the induction ward given the once over and turned out I was already dilated so they just broke my waters for me. Was all a bit hectic as went from 0-100 very quickly, wasn’t expecting it & was ignored for pain relief for longer than I should have and became quite distressed. But my whole labour was only 5hours and 38 minutes long. Due my second in a few weeks and apparently it can be quicker second time round. Lord have mercy hahaha I better not give birth in husband’s new car or he’ll never forgive me 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.