Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I was the same last time. I feel like I have a lot as it is but remember there was so much towards the end last time I actually asked to be checked for thrush but didn’t have it.

I formula fed first time, because I was so ill with HG there was no way I was going to breastfeed. I spent 9months ill and barely able to look after myself so wanted to get back to normal as soon as possible, but every appointment I was always encouraged to breastfeed and was told I’d get my figure back quicker if I breastfed! Then after giving birth I was just asked what I wanted to do, no one encouraged me to try breastfeeding so I went straight to the ready made I had with me.

I hate all this normalise breastfeeding, how about normalising formula feeding, all feeding! There is always a pressure to breastfeed, “breast is best” and it people turn their nose up at formula feeding when there is no issues with it at all. I’d love to try breastfeeding but it just seems so hard and it confuses me with pumping and cluster feeding, how do you know if they’re getting enough etc? I might try and see how it goes but I just know I won’t be committed to it because I know how easy it was to formula feed last time.
I can’t believe one of the benefits they gave you was “you get your figure back quicker” 😡

Surely not everyone does and it varies from person to person? Health benefits, yes I can understand them promoting but 😡

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe one of the benefits they gave you was “you get your figure back quicker” 😡

Surely not everyone does and it varies from person to person? Health benefits, yes I can understand them promoting but 😡
I was just going to say this!!! They should absolutely not use ‘you’ll get your figure back’ to possibly impressionable women who are already upset and worried over their body. It’s disgusting. Use genuine health benefits 🤯

Reactions: 4
Honestly with the amount of unsuccessful luck I have had on Facebook marketplace lately I have finally struck gold.. a free Baby Bjorn Bouncer

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone gave any thought to formula and nappy brands? Trying to stock up but have no idea what to buy 🤯

Oh and those which have had c-sections, any suggestions for post-birth disposable underwear?
---
Can recommend the Beaming Baby nappies and products. They're the only ones that never gave my eldest nappy rash. I can't recommend a formula as both of mine had to have prescription formula. Lastly, for disposable underwear, my sister in law recommended the Always pants. Personally I couldn't get on with them, I didn't have a section and found they caught on my stitches. The Asda maternity pads worked for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well I am sat here CRYING, my 2 year old woke up crying and my partner went up to settle him and I looked on the camera and they are dancing in his room 😭
So emotional haha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well I am sat here CRYING, my 2 year old woke up crying and my partner went up to settle him and I looked on the camera and they are dancing in his room 😭
So emotional haha
I’d be crying that my 2 year old was awake and gonna be up all night not crying at the cuteness 😂😂

• Haha
I’d be crying that my 2 year old was awake and gonna be up all night not crying at the cuteness 😂😂
Hahahahahaha we have a very relaxed sleep routine with him so I'm not too worried, he's back lying in bed listening to his Tonies Box. I hope this next baby sleeps as much as him!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anybody recommend any good maternity pyjamas? They all either look like something my nan would wear or they’re about £40 which I just can’t justify for something I’m not even gonna wear out and will only use for a few months

I was just going to say this!!! They should absolutely not use ‘you’ll get your figure back’ to possibly impressionable women who are already upset and worried over their body. It’s disgusting. Use genuine health benefits 🤯
A few people have said this to me, but then friends who have breastfed have all said that the extra calories it burns made them starving so they just ended up eating more 🤣

• Haha
Can anybody recommend any good maternity pyjamas? They all either look like something my nan would wear or they’re about £40 which I just can’t justify for something I’m not even gonna wear out and will only use for a few months
I tend to just get normal ones a size up x

• Heart
I just sized up really, but my Mum got me some New Look maternity pj’s for Xmas and I loved them

• Heart
Last time I got this style from ASOS and sized up and they where dead comfy, still wear them now and ordered more
Screenshot_20240511_221500_ASOS.jpg

• Heart
I got some lovely soft ones from primark and just sized up. But they're already getting too tight on me too 😭
H&m had some maternity ones and I'm sure I saw some on pretty little things website yesterday too. I'm going to have to invest in some too

• Heart
I’ve just sized up in pj’s after recently throwing all my bigger ones out aswell!
My husband got me a short and tshirt set from Sainsburys so I’ve been living in this during this warmer weather. I got jogger style trousers from primark and sized up, they’re good for around the house or I have the primark shorts and bralet sets.

• Heart
A few people have said this to me, but then friends who have breastfed have all said that the extra calories it burns made them starving so they just ended up eating more 🤣
I whacked the weight on breastfeeding. I lost the “baby weight” really quickly, 2-3 months later I’d put it back on all over.
They said ‘extra 500 Cals a day ish for BF” so thought I’d be ok with a couple of penguins or blue ribbands as I had a serious chocolate craving and ravenous for any sugar or salt energy hit. Nope, just piled on weight, probably because I was also sat on my arse recovering from a section and cluster feeding.
I don’t regret it, but I didn’t expect it.
Hardestbthing I’ve ever done to get started with it. I also found I could get touched out. There was little support on how to stop BF when you’re ready and struggled with a bottle refuser from about 3mths so tied to baby every 3hrs for 6 mths which is a lot. It’s all on you, no one can help if that happens. Plus my boobs look crap now 😩🤣

That said, I loved the ease of night feeds not even having to get out of bed. never had to lug about a big change bag with bottles etc, didn’t have to pay out for formula which is hugely expensive, able to go on holidays and not worry about taking a load of stuff or sterilising etc it’s just really easy once you get established. Plus it’s immediate, baby would settle immediately on the boob if hurt or tired or sick. And as much as it was hard it was also nice being their main comfort.

So definitely pros and cons. Hope to combi feed this time so we can share the load and I’ll have more time for my oldest.

https://www.primark.com/en-gb/p/stripe-pyjama-set-pink-991088786306 These have a stretchy waistband and top long enough to cover tummy, fit perfect with a massive bump in a size up, super soft too but don’t make you hot.

• Heart
Thank you! Do they fit comfy around your bump? x
I just bought 16-18 pjs rather than 10-12 and they fit fine until the last couple of weeks and then I just wore a big T-shirt and pants to bed instead.
I have a couple of pairs of maternity ones from seraphine but the quality is crap, and a pair from new look which were good. But mostly I just wore the sized up pyjamas.

Re nappies/formula/pads etc that people were discussing earlier we’re using Tesco nappies and so far they’ve contained everything even the ginormous meconium poo’s and tonight’s first massive proper poo that filled every mm of his nappy 😂
We’ve got kendamil formula as a back up. We used a few pre made bottles in hospital when they stressed me out about breast feeding but they made Baby R have gloopy projectile sick. But we’ve got a tin of the powder at home we’re using for top ups as he’s too sleepy for a full breast feed and he’s been fine with that. And for pads etc I’ve got the giant tena disposable pants and using a Tesco maternity pad inside too. My blood loss isn’t too bad though. The pants are really comfy but very obvious im wearing an adult pull up 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
After not a single little movement all day, baby brew has been going nuts for the last hour or so. Either she's a big Eurovision fan or she's protesting the result. I hope it's the latter because me too kid, me too 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve stolen my husbands t shirts and shorts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
After not a single little movement all day, baby brew has been going nuts for the last hour or so. Either she's a big Eurovision fan or she's protesting the result. I hope it's the latter because me too kid, me too 😆
I was starting to think this baby was calm and quiet compared to my first who constantly did somersaults, but maybe it was just too early! They seem to be moving a lot more now and I can see my belly moving now. Husband and child are never interested when I’m shouting look! Every 5 mins.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.