Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pregnancy is so rough sometimes. I’ve spent most of the morning crying over how my body looks 😭 I’ve always struggled with body image to be fair but throughout my pregnancy I’ve just been embracing it because I’m so lucky to be in this position but this morning I couldn’t find anything to wear because it’s not hot but it’s not cold but I’m sweating and I just lost my tit 😩 my room looks like it’s been turned upside down. I think I’ve searched every website possible for new maternity clothes. Things that fit me lovely 2 weeks ago now don’t fit and my face is suddenly very round. I feel like front on my bump makes me look really wide like a whale and ughhh man it’s just so hard seeing yourself change so much in such a short space of time. 😢 I don’t wanna sound like an awful person because I’m so grateful to be growing this little boy but god the mental side of it is tough sometimes
I’m so glad you’ve written this - I’m only 5 weeks but after a loss in feb (during that pregnancy I ate rubbish and put on lbs) and comfort eating I’ve put on half a stone, before finding out I was pregnant we had agreed to stop trying over the summer and so I was planning to lose weight and get back to my normal. Obviously I don’t have a bump yet except bloat but my boobs which are already on the larger side are swelling and I’m starting to have tantrums already trying to find something to wear when I go out because I feel BIG. And I feel like I’m getting momentary panics when i realise I’m going to get BIGGER! And then I feel so so ungrateful because what a silly thing to worry about after what I’ve gone through 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It feels hotter than Satan's hole here today and I was saying I have nothing to wear and my partner said all your summer clothes are hanging up in the wardrobe.......hun, I was not 32 weeks pregnant last summer 😂😂 he's lucky I found something or he'd be getting dragged the shops he doesn't want to go to while I wear winter clothes hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pregnancy is so rough sometimes. I’ve spent most of the morning crying over how my body looks 😭 I’ve always struggled with body image to be fair but throughout my pregnancy I’ve just been embracing it because I’m so lucky to be in this position but this morning I couldn’t find anything to wear because it’s not hot but it’s not cold but I’m sweating and I just lost my tit 😩 my room looks like it’s been turned upside down. I think I’ve searched every website possible for new maternity clothes. Things that fit me lovely 2 weeks ago now don’t fit and my face is suddenly very round. I feel like front on my bump makes me look really wide like a whale and ughhh man it’s just so hard seeing yourself change so much in such a short space of time. 😢 I don’t wanna sound like an awful person because I’m so grateful to be growing this little boy but god the mental side of it is tough sometimes
you don’t sound like an awful person at all! I’ve been lucky enough to never have any specific body image issues particularly, but I’m 33 weeks now and I’m really starting to struggle. Everyone keeps saying I don’t look pregnant from behind (which I suppose is a compliment?!) as I’m only carrying the weight around my bump, but the past few weeks I’ve really noticed weight gain around my face/hips/bum and my ankles and feet are constantly swollen. I feel so so self conscious and nothing fits me so I’m wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits on rotation. I don’t have any summer clothes to wear other than a few stretchy dresses which just make me feel massive as it clings in all of the wrong places 😭 I also have developed loads of stretch marks around my belly button which I never thought would bother me but now they’re here I find myself being so annoyed by them 💔 you’re not alone in your feelings x

edit to say: as I’m having twins everyone (strangers mostly!) has been making comments that I’m “ready to pop” since I was about 23 weeks which also does not help 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
you don’t sound like an awful person at all! I’ve been lucky enough to never have any specific body image issues particularly, but I’m 33 weeks now and I’m really starting to struggle. Everyone keeps saying I don’t look pregnant from behind (which I suppose is a compliment?!) as I’m only carrying the weight around my bump, but the past few weeks I’ve really noticed weight gain around my face/hips/bum and my ankles and feet are constantly swollen. I feel so so self conscious and nothing fits me so I’m wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits on rotation. I don’t have any summer clothes to wear other than a few stretchy dresses which just make me feel massive as it clings in all of the wrong places 😭 I also have developed loads of stretch marks around my belly button which I never thought would bother me but now they’re here I find myself being so annoyed by them 💔 you’re not alone in your feelings x

edit to say: as I’m having twins everyone (strangers mostly!) has been making comments that I’m “ready to pop” since I was about 23 weeks which also does not help 😬
One of my really good friends has twins and she particularly enjoyed when people said “are you sure there aren’t two in there?” And she could reply “actually yes there are two”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Trying to sort the garden out so I can sit in it without stressing that it’s a mess…pulled up one weed and mowed the lawn and I’m exhausted 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
One of my really good friends has twins and she particularly enjoyed when people said “are you sure there aren’t two in there?” And she could reply “actually yes there are two”
I haven’t had that yet 🤣🤣🤣 people just assume I’m full term!

Although we’ve had a lot of people that we have bumped into such as neighbours/the postman etc say “oh my god you’re having a baby!!” and we have really enjoyed saying no with a very serious face, followed by “we’re having two babies!” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Honestly don’t even know where to begin with this one. I’m supposed to be having two baby showers, one with my boyfriend’s family and one with mine. My parents aren’t in my life (my dad is in another country, don’t get on with my mum - and she doesn’t speak to the rest of my family). My family (uncles, cousins etc) have naturally drifted apart over the years. We don’t do anything unless obligated, such as Xmas or visiting relatives graves - nor do we talk much outside of this. We do have a family group chat with no one speaks in anymore, and I did try to update them such as letting them know we are having a boy, or that I have a scan. I’ve only got thumbs up reacts back, no one bothers to actually reply. That’s fine, I’m not losing sleep over it. There’s no animosity, they just don’t really care about my life and I’m not that fussed about theirs. But with all that in mind, I don’t care to do a baby shower as they’re not people who have asked about my pregnancy, cared to reply to updates I have give so I don’t need to celebrate with them. It’s time, money and effort I don’t feel like is needed.

I’ve told my auntie this now that I’m not planning to and her reply is that I’m selfish for not holding a gathering for the family and that’s it NOT actually about me, it’s for the family to get together. She says it’s not anyone’s job to ask me about the pregnancy, it’s my responsibility to update people as they’re all busy. She says I’m getting the thumbs up reacts to my messages so what more do I want, and she’s going to throw one regardless as clearly “I just want love, and I’m lonely”. Bare in mind this auntie has been my mum figure most of my life, she actually has the audacity to say “Well I don’t ask you either, no one needs to” so it turns out she doesn’t actually ask on purpose lol I’ve been making excuses for her and how busy she must be. She’s told my sister that she’ll be proceeding with one regardless, she doesn’t care who comes and that I’m just moaning and secretly I’d love one.

I think she’s got a lot of tit going in in her life, she’s menopausal and getting married soon, although I don’t think her heart is in it. But duck me it’s not nice being a scapegoat for her to take it out on.

TLDR: WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL ENTITLED DURING YOUR PREGNANCY AS IF ITS THEIRS?! I swear true colours show during this time. Just take my baby as well why don’t you, as the shower is clearly yours!!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Honestly don’t even know where to begin with this one. I’m supposed to be having two baby showers, one with my boyfriend’s family and one with mine. My parents aren’t in my life (my dad is in another country, don’t get on with my mum - and she doesn’t speak to the rest of my family). My family (uncles, cousins etc) have naturally drifted apart over the years. We don’t do anything unless obligated, such as Xmas or visiting relatives graves - nor do we talk much outside of this. We do have a family group chat with no one speaks in anymore, and I did try to update them such as letting them know we are having a boy, or that I have a scan. I’ve only got thumbs up reacts back, no one bothers to actually reply. That’s fine, I’m not losing sleep over it. There’s no animosity, they just don’t really care about my life and I’m not that fussed about theirs. But with all that in mind, I don’t care to do a baby shower as they’re not people who have asked about my pregnancy, cared to reply to updates I have give so I don’t need to celebrate with them. It’s time, money and effort I don’t feel like is needed.

I’ve told my auntie this now that I’m not planning to and her reply is that I’m selfish for not holding a gathering for the family and that’s it NOT actually about me, it’s for the family to get together. She says it’s not anyone’s job to ask me about the pregnancy, it’s my responsibility to update people as they’re all busy. She says I’m getting the thumbs up reacts to my messages so what more do I want, and she’s going to throw one regardless as clearly “I just want love, and I’m lonely”. Bare in mind this auntie has been my mum figure most of my life, she actually has the audacity to say “Well I don’t ask you either, no one needs to” so it turns out she doesn’t actually ask on purpose lol I’ve been making excuses for her and how busy she must be. She’s told my sister that she’ll be proceeding with one regardless, she doesn’t care who comes and that I’m just moaning and secretly I’d love one.

I think she’s got a lot of tit going in in her life, she’s menopausal and getting married soon, although I don’t think her heart is in it. But duck me it’s not nice being a scapegoat for her to take it out on.

TLDR: WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL ENTITLED DURING YOUR PREGNANCY AS IF ITS THEIRS?! I swear true colours show during this time. Just take my baby as well why don’t you, as the shower is clearly yours!!!
Is your aunt arranging and paying for it? If so, I’d probably just go along to show willing and avoid conflict (I’m a people pleaser) but if they’re expecting you to arrange and pay then absolutely not!

Not sure if it’s local to you when saying that though, if you have to travel I’d also say no. Sorry you are having to navigate this, I hope the shower with your boyfriends family is a lot less stressful xx

• Heart
Bare in mind this auntie has been my mum figure most of my life, she actually has the audacity to say “Well I don’t ask you either, no one needs to” so it turns out she doesn’t actually ask on purpose lol I’ve been making excuses for her and how busy she must be. She’s told my sister that she’ll be proceeding with one regardless, she doesn’t care who comes and that I’m just moaning and secretly I’d love one.
A baby shower IS about you, it’s not your responsibility to hold one just so your family can have a gathering. I’d be really upset and disappointed she had spoken to you in this way, especially considering you said she has been a mum figure to you.

sounds like she’s making it about her and its not nice that she has essentially been bitching to your sister about you. I wouldn’t personally feel comfortable going to a baby shower planned by her after this. You don’t owe anyone anything.

I really hope your partners family organise a super special stress free day xx

• Heart
I’m so glad you’ve written this - I’m only 5 weeks but after a loss in feb (during that pregnancy I ate rubbish and put on lbs) and comfort eating I’ve put on half a stone, before finding out I was pregnant we had agreed to stop trying over the summer and so I was planning to lose weight and get back to my normal. Obviously I don’t have a bump yet except bloat but my boobs which are already on the larger side are swelling and I’m starting to have tantrums already trying to find something to wear when I go out because I feel BIG. And I feel like I’m getting momentary panics when i realise I’m going to get BIGGER! And then I feel so so ungrateful because what a silly thing to worry about after what I’ve gone through 😭
this is me! I’ve had back to back losses, gained so much weight and now I’m 8 weeks and feel so uncomfortable already. I’m ordering myself some floaty dresses that will hopefully see me through the warmer months then hopefully I can just live in leggings and jumpers 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I could have wrote this myself it’s a horrible feeling isn’t it 😔 your body is doing such a wonderful thing but you don’t have to love it every minute of the day! It changes so drastically in pregnancy! Just keep reminding yourself it’s not permanent and you’ll get back to feeling yourself at some point (this is currently my mantra)
---

I’m sorry but they should 100% be asking you about your pregnancy and how things are going it’s not your job to update anyone what’s going on in your body they should be thankful you are anyway!
I would personally feel abit weird about attending this baby shower as it sounds like she is just using your pregnancy as an excuse to have a gathering

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yeah there’s not a chance I’m going, there was a way to go about it and slating me saying no one should be asking me anyway was probably not the way to get my buy in on this. She knows I was in hospital two days ago & in a lot of pain currently with my stomach… but keeps on at me regardless. But as she’s made clear, it’s not about me! She’s deflecting a lot of her current life into me, but pick someone else not your pregnant “daughter”. It’s just making me a lot more aware of things, at this rate I won’t tell anyone on that side when I go into labour or have the baby.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah there’s not a chance I’m going, there was a way to go about it and slating me saying no one should be asking me anyway was probably not the way to get my buy in on this. She knows I was in hospital two days ago & in a lot of pain currently with my stomach… but keeps on at me regardless. But as she’s made clear, it’s not about me! She’s deflecting a lot of her current life into me, but pick someone else not your pregnant “daughter”. It’s just making me a lot more aware of things, at this rate I won’t tell anyone on that side when I go into labour or have the baby.
Sorry you’re going through this, you and your baby definitely don’t need the stress of it all. Taking yourself away from the drama and focussing on those who really care is the best plan ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone clued up on which decongestant tablets are safe/recommend to take? I am horrifically blocked up in my ears and sinuses and no idea what's best to take!

Omg you don’t sound like a bad person at all and hope you are feeling better ❤

I’m feeling exactly the same today, it’s so hot and I’m plus size so my size has always been hard for me but now my belly is proper poking out and it feels like everyone is staring at me and I’m holding my belly all the time now just so people know I’m pregnant. So your not alone 🫶🏻
---
I’m so sorry you’re going through this, family should be making it easier for you not harder! Screw them and put you and your little family first coz you deserve it ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone gave any thought to formula and nappy brands? Trying to stock up but have no idea what to buy 🤯

Oh and those which have had c-sections, any suggestions for post-birth disposable underwear?
---

I’m only 10w5d, but I think I need some fluid and probably sickness injections, obviously haven’t met my midwife yet so do I go to EPU? I did in my last pregnancy but that was a different country and they had their own maternity hospital. Feel absolutely shocking 🤦🏼‍♀️

Has anyone gave any thought to formula and nappy brands? Trying to stock up but have no idea what to buy 🤯

Oh and those which have had c-sections, any suggestions for post-birth disposable underwear?
---
Formula I’m using cow & gate, I used it with my first and am using it again this time round. We got nappies from the Asda which are good, I used them with my first. I’ve been gifted Tesco & Pampers too and tried all three and prefer Asda so far. Aldi are good too

I’m using Asda own disposable underwear after my c-section. Been so comfy so far and I’ve had my dressing off today and the underwear is really soft against my scar and not aggravating it at all 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.