Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had a UTI without any of the actual wee symptoms? I’m not weeing anymore than usual, it doesn’t hurt and there’s no blood or anything but I’ve been to hospital twice today with severe abdominal pain to one side of my stomach and then sharp pain in my lower back and that’s what they think it is. I thought I was being fobbed off but it actually fully matches up online so starting antibiotics now! Just weird as I’ve had them when I was younger and just thought it was the urge to wee all the time.
Did you have leukocytes in your wee? Did they test it?

I’ve never had one without at least mild symptoms but they are quite common in pregnancy so it’s definitely possible!

Has anyone had a UTI without any of the actual wee symptoms? I’m not weeing anymore than usual, it doesn’t hurt and there’s no blood or anything but I’ve been to hospital twice today with severe abdominal pain to one side of my stomach and then sharp pain in my lower back and that’s what they think it is. I thought I was being fobbed off but it actually fully matches up online so starting antibiotics now! Just weird as I’ve had them when I was younger and just thought it was the urge to wee all the time.
I had a UTI basically the whole pregnancy with absolutely no symptoms! It was flagged up in my urine samples, that’s the only reason I knew, I kept having antibiotics and it would go and then come back next time my wee was tested. In the end they put me on long term antibiotics for the last 8 weeks or so. They also referred me for a kidney scan which I had at 37 weeks and they said they weren’t draining properly which apparently can happen in pregnancy and cause UTIs… something called hydronephrosis .
I also had one massively swollen ankle and foot (compared to the other one) which again they said was linked to it as it was the side effects of the kidney that was blocked up the most and basically all the fluid was in my leg or something bizarre!

Reactions: 2
I had a UTI basically the whole pregnancy with absolutely no symptoms! It was flagged up in my urine samples, that’s the only reason I knew, I kept having antibiotics and it would go and then come back next time my wee was tested. In the end they put me on long term antibiotics for the last 8 weeks or so. They also referred me for a kidney scan which I had at 37 weeks and they said they weren’t draining properly which apparently can happen in pregnancy and cause UTIs… something called hydronephrosis .
I also had one massively swollen ankle and foot (compared to the other one) which again they said was linked to it as it was the side effects of the kidney that was blocked up the most and basically all the fluid was in my leg or something bizarre!
That’s interesting. I had leukocytes at literally every urine dip and every time she said it’s probably caused by discharge if I didn’t have any UTI symptoms. Even tho I’d wipe first, wee a little and then take the sample. Not once did she mention it could actually be a UTI with no symptoms and she never sent my samples off 😱 I was massively swollen (pretty much waterlogged) from about 10 weeks too. I wonder if I had something similar?

Reactions: 1
That’s interesting. I had leukocytes at literally every urine dip and every time she said it’s probably caused by discharge if I didn’t have any UTI symptoms. Even tho I’d wipe first, wee a little and then take the sample. Not once did she mention it could actually be a UTI with no symptoms and she never sent my samples off 😱 I was massively swollen (pretty much waterlogged) from about 10 weeks too. I wonder if I had something similar?
I’ve also had trace leukocytes at every appointment so far and been on antibiotics 4 times for it to no avail, they also said the discharge thing despite me making sure it’s a clean catch MSU!! I’ve tried researching it a bit and apparently it can just be normal in pregnancy to have slightly raised white blood cells but god knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ you’ll have to see if you still have them now that you’ve had him x

• Heart
  • Wow
@raspberryjuice how are you and baby getting on? X
We’re doing ok. Pain doesn’t seem too bad so far. We were doing great with BFing earlier but since about 8pm every HCA and MW has given me a different opinion on how to hold him and where to put my hands and they’ve confused me and he’s forgotten how to suck after they’ve spent so long putting him on and off and breaking his latch because he wasn’t on in their particular position of choice 🙄

Also Mr R is the worst nappy changer I’ve ever seen 😂

How are you and Baby watermelon getting on?

I’ve also had trace leukocytes at every appointment so far and been on antibiotics 4 times for it to no avail, they also said the discharge thing despite me making sure it’s a clean catch MSU!! I’ve tried researching it a bit and apparently it can just be normal in pregnancy to have slightly raised white blood cells but god knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ you’ll have to see if you still have them now that you’ve had him x
I’m going to buy some strips and test it! I’ve literally had them at every single appt and every time they’ve said no symptoms must be discharge 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aw @raspberryjuice you’ll find a way that’s perfect for you and Baby R. I find the most annoying thing about the hca’s and midwives is, they all literally say different things about everything 😅 You’d be chatting to one about something, they’d disappear and another will come along to carry on the convo but have a complete different opinion! But you’ll get the hang of it. Is Mr R allowed to stay? I’ve not changed one single nappy yet, Mr Melon won’t let me do it 😂 I’ve done more or less every feed though!

@Jasminexx02 We’re doing good! I think the adrenaline of it all is helping me do the night feeds, I’ll be goosed once it wears off 😂 I had such an easy birth with my first this time round really shocked me and it’s completely different but I’m getting my head around it now and accepting I’m not as quick as I was with first born!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Some of them have been brilliant but everyone having a different opinion is just confusing us! They leave us alone and I can get him latched and feeding and then someone else will come in and say no hold him this way and then he either won’t latch or sucks twice and stops. Can’t wait to be at home so we can just find our own way. It was going so well earlier and now I’m eyeing up the Kendamill in my bag just to get him fed so they’ll leave me alone 😩 also every time he sucks his thumb they’re like latch himmmm, latch him nowwwwww!! Well he sucked his thumb on most scans I’m pretty sure it’s a comfort thing as well as a feeding cue 🤷🏻‍♀️ it just upsets him every time!

Mr R had to go at 8 but they’re doing all the nappies for me now which I’m very grateful for seeing how sticky they are 🤣

How’s baby melon doing? 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Some of them have been brilliant but everyone having a different opinion is just confusing us! They leave us alone and I can get him latched and feeding and then someone else will come in and say no hold him this way and then he either won’t latch or sucks twice and stops. Can’t wait to be at home so we can just find our own way. It was going so well earlier and now I’m eyeing up the Kendamill in my bag just to get him fed so they’ll leave me alone 😩 also every time he sucks his thumb they’re like latch himmmm, latch him nowwwwww!! Well he sucked his thumb on most scans I’m pretty sure it’s a comfort thing as well as a feeding cue 🤷🏻‍♀️ it just upsets him every time!

Mr R had to go at 8 but they’re doing all the nappies for me now which I’m very grateful for seeing how sticky they are 🤣

How’s baby melon doing? 😁
She’s brill! So content! She’s so small though I feel like I’m going to drop her whenever I hold her. She’s classed as prem so we get an extra midwife visit today to weigh her and see how she’s getting on

• Heart
Reactions: 4
6 was 3days. I phoned the midwife last week for some pain. That was all fine and she said to wait till nearly 8 weeks before phoning back to book an appointment but should I be calling my gp now? 1st pregnancy no idea.

6 was 3days. I phoned the midwife last week for some pain. That was all fine and she said to wait till nearly 8 weeks before phoning back to book an appointment but should I be calling my gp now? 1st pregnancy no idea.
I’d call them. I know everywhere is different but the booking appointments were busy with me (maybe because of Christmas). Once that is in you can get your scan booked which is the important bit as if you want some of the screening it needs to be done before a certain time

Totally depends on your area but I called my GP and they basically scoffed at me and told me they didn’t need to know. I had to book in directly with the hospital /midwife service. Either way I’d agree, do it sooner than later

I’ve still got many weeks of work to go as I’m pushing it right up to my due date so I benefit from the time/pay more when baby is here BUT today I really wish I was a lady of leisure and rich enough to stay at home 😂

• Haha
I’ve still got many weeks of work to go as I’m pushing it right up to my due date so I benefit from the time/pay more when baby is here BUT today I really wish I was a lady of leisure and rich enough to stay at home 😂
i did this with my first pregnancy! but I'm going off a month before because I'm being made redundant in February anyway! not that i'll be a lady of leisure with a toddler at home but i'll be happy to finish work beacuse i cba anymore lol roll on the 29th june!

Did you have leukocytes in your wee? Did they test it?

I’ve never had one without at least mild symptoms but they are quite common in pregnancy so it’s definitely possible!
Yeah it did come up! So they’ve sent it off. It more than likely is a UTI. Just baffling that it can cause stomach / back pain and nothing else, but to be honest I’ll take it over the feeling of having to wee every few minutes like the ones I’ve had before

Since my GTT yesterday I’m on edge everytime my phone goes off😩 hoping no news is good news 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My hormones must be a mess, I've just stood in front of a load of people in the city centre and cried at a busker hahaha ffs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I haven’t even had my first midwife appt yet but I’ve just got a text telling me I have an appt with obstetrics? Is that normal!?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.