Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I nap every day still too! I’m permanently exhausted.

But have you had your iron levels checked if it’s different to your last pregnancies @Lucyxxxx ?
Agree with this @Lucyxxxx see if your iron levels are low, might be worth trying some spatone (liquid iron) in the meantime to see if it helps? You can get them on Amazon and try one a day in some orange juice xx

Reactions: 2
Okay I’m thinking ahead here (only 28 weeks) but what size bag are we taking in to hospital? Is a normal sized suitcase a bit extra? 😂 should I go for a cabin sized bag/holdall? I’ve been reading lists of what to take and even going on holiday I’ve never been a light packer!
Cabin bag plus bag for baby.
I'd avoid a regular size suitcase as there'll probably be no where to put it closed let alone open it up. Space is pretty limited so I'd pack essentials then an extra bag to leave at home/in the car in case you have to stay in that someone can bring you. I don't think anyone on my ward was arsed with much but a nightie and a hair brush, only getting proper dressed to go home if that so don't feel like you need to get all insta glam and have lots of changes of outdoor clothes or more than flip flops & maybe slippers.

Reactions: 3
hey guys don't know If anyone can help I had new carpets put in my house and they stink of chemicals badly, im 32 weeks and googled it stupid I should learn to not google and apparently new carpets do something called off gassing??? never heard of it and wouldn't even care if I wasn't pregnant, its been 2 days ive had wondows open but the smell hasn't budged apparently the smell is full of chemicals and is toxic and bad for baby when pregnant and I dont know what to do 😭

hey guys don't know If anyone can help I had new carpets put in my house and they stink of chemicals badly, im 32 weeks and googled it stupid I should learn to not google and apparently new carpets do something called off gassing??? never heard of it and wouldn't even care if I wasn't pregnant, its been 2 days ive had wondows open but the smell hasn't budged apparently the smell is full of chemicals and is toxic and bad for baby when pregnant and I dont know what to do 😭
I’m usually a really honest person but in this instance, if I couldn’t hire one, i’d probably buy a really good air purifier and return it in a week or so. Even better if Amazon has any on try before buy.

I wish stillbirth and miscarriage posts would stop popping up on TikTok and Instagram for me. Feels like an awful sign 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I wish stillbirth and miscarriage posts would stop popping up on TikTok and Instagram for me. Feels like an awful sign 😭
This was happening to me on tiktok, I blocked loads of words in the end and for the most part they've stopped now. Horrible to see though 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah I am anemic. Last bloods I had done said my iron levels was normal. Just a big tired whale 😔
---
I feel like this with all the dying shortly after birth posts and stories I keep stumbling across.

• Heart
I'd avoid a regular size suitcase as there'll probably be no where to put it closed let alone open it up. Space is pretty limited so I'd pack essentials then an extra bag to leave at home/in the car in case you have to stay in that someone can bring you. I don't think anyone on my ward was arsed with much but a nightie and a hair brush, only getting proper dressed to go home if that so don't feel like you need to get all insta glam and have lots of changes of outdoor clothes or more than flip flops & maybe slippers.

Thank you! This is so helpful. Can’t remember the last time I got insta glam so that’s not a worry 😂

Reactions: 1
I’m usually a really honest person but in this instance, if I couldn’t hire one, i’d probably buy a really good air purifier and return it in a week or so. Even better if Amazon has any on try before buy.
good idea but I dont have a spare 100 even after these capers till end of month 😂 😭
---
and its through the whole house so would need like 4 hahah I dont know what to do :unsure:

Agree with this @Lucyxxxx see if your iron levels are low, might be worth trying some spatone (liquid iron) in the meantime to see if it helps? You can get them on Amazon and try one a day in some orange juice xx
this is what I take. I have two a day, only had my bloods done once though so hopefully by the next time my levels have gone up with using spatone and eating more

• Heart
I have no advice about the carpets but is there a room in the house you can stay in that doesn’t have them? Or stay with a friend/family until you’re comfortable with the smell? New carpets stink but I never realised it was a thing that they gave off chemicals and gases etc 😳

the only things I used last time were a pair for pjs, slippers, two pairs of pants, an outfit for going home and basic toiletries. I packed so much stuff I didn’t even need so this time I will be packing minimal and if needed, I am only round the corner so should be easy enough to get more things.

I have no advice about the carpets but is there a room in the house you can stay in that doesn’t have them? Or stay with a friend/family until you’re comfortable with the smell? New carpets stink but I never realised it was a thing that they gave off chemicals and gases etc 😳
I slept on the sofa last night but its killed my back doing that, I never knew either but I noticed they stunk so bad of chemicals I googled how to removed the smell, It mentioned about the toxic chemicals they release and the I was googling about that and pregnancy and it just sent me into a spiral!

• Sad
I slept on the sofa last night but its killed my back doing that, I never knew either but I noticed they stunk so bad of chemicals I googled how to removed the smell, It mentioned about the toxic chemicals they release and the I was googling about that and pregnancy and it just sent me into a spiral!
Could you get a cheap air bed for the living room tonight instead of the sofa (most supermarkets will sell them) and just leave all the windows open? I googled it too after your post and it really surprised me. I can’t understand why they don’t warn you when you’re getting carpets fitted 😩

Could you get a cheap air bed for the living room tonight instead of the sofa (most supermarkets will sell them) and just leave all the windows open? I googled it too after your post and it really surprised me. I can’t understand why they don’t warn you when you’re getting carpets fitted 😩
that could be a good idea, ill see how the smell is tomorrow, honestly google is just the worst its probably so minimal its probably fine :rolleyes: because yeah they'd warn you surely it was such a danger

Thank you! This is so helpful. Can’t remember the last time I got insta glam so that’s not a worry 😂
Tbf me either but I took a little make up bag thinking I’d look presentable for pics but 24+ hrs and a c-sec later my face was so swollen from the drip & meds I couldn’t even open one eye properly 😂

Also they keep the ward so warm for the babies I was just in bed in a vest and pants or cami nightie the whole time though it was snowing outside.
A robe might be handy to go to the loo but a zip up hoodie can work too.

If you take anything special put a name tag on as baby’s first Muslin got bundled up in a bed change and lost.

That sounds negative which I don’t mean it to be but I was not prepared for how knackered and inactive I’d be - likely different if you have a quick, non c-sec labour.
But there was definitely lack of space so pulling my bag out, putting it on the bed to go through, getting it back tucked away was just effort, even when OH to was there to help, was less space so still awkward.

It’s not been too bad. I did low carb for a few years so I’ve just gone back to that really until I get more info from the hospital next week and can actually test my blood sugars.

All I want tonight though is some galaxy chocolate from the fridge 😩

Currently having a clary sage bath to try and encourage him out soon. Hoping I don’t get stuck - I’ve told Mr R to keep his phone on loud at work incase he needs to come and get me out 😂 think I’ve tried every other suggestion on the entire internet today.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So the ferrous sulfate made me sick, was recommended by the midwife to use Floradix daily until she had spoken to the consultant in regards to prescribing something different… picked up the ferrous fumerate yesterday.. took it two hours ago… have just projectile vomited everywhere 😭

GIVE ME A BREAK 😭 I just want to cry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.