Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep seeing that Seraphine does some lovely maternity dresses and bits but jeeez how much are they charging?!

Reactions: 1
I keep seeing that Seraphine does some lovely maternity dresses and bits but jeeez how much are they charging?!
No I feel dead stingey sometimes with maternity clothes cos I know I won't wear them very much afterwards so I'm like WOW more than a tenner? I think not 😂😂
Meanwhile I sit here moaning that everything it tight hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I got a few bits from seraphine for Xmas from my parents and the quality isn’t great, they don’t wash well at all and a couple of bits I only got 2/3 wears out of. I wouldn’t bother tbh 🙈

• Wow
No I feel dead stingey sometimes with maternity clothes cos I know I won't wear them very much afterwards so I'm like WOW more than a tenner? I think not 😂😂
Meanwhile I sit here moaning that everything it tight hahahaha
Haha same! I’ve seen some seraphine stuff on vinted but they don’t look great.

I keep looking at lovall leggings I had a few pairs of these last time and lived in them, but it was covid times so no one had to see me! Also one pair is around £30 and I’d rather try out Asda or M&S or something where you can get two pairs for that price!

Haha same! I’ve seen some seraphine stuff on vinted but they don’t look great.

I keep looking at lovall leggings I had a few pairs of these last time and lived in them, but it was covid times so no one had to see me! Also one pair is around £30 and I’d rather try out Asda or M&S or something where you can get two pairs for that price!
I’ve got lovall leggings and jeans, I got them on vinted for a fraction of the price (sometimes you have to search for love leggings their old brand name). There have been some mixed reviews but mine have been great and the leggings aren’t see through!

I love the lovall leggings but I’ve found asos maternity leggings just as good. I’ve lived in them for months now (since the lovall lined leggings got too warm to wear!), the same 4 pairs on rotation and they’re still great condition. No bobbling, stretching etc still not see through, elastic in the waist still strong, wash well and still fit like they’re brand new. They’re £20 for 2 pairs and probably the best value for money maternity clothing I’ve bought.

These ones:

I’ve tried a few other brands but none compare to the asos ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love the lovall leggings but I’ve found asos maternity leggings just as good. I’ve lived in them for months now (since the lovall lined leggings got too warm to wear!), the same 4 pairs on rotation and they’re still great condition. No bobbling, stretching etc still not see through, elastic in the waist still strong, wash well and still fit like they’re brand new. They’re £20 for 2 pairs and probably the best value for money maternity clothing I’ve bought.

These ones:

I’ve tried a few other brands but none compare to the asos ones.
I’m going to order these then! Did you just get your usual size? I never know what sizes to get in maternity stuff, although they only have an 8 so I’ll just order them and hope I don’t need a 10 with this big bum I’m getting 😂 I’m thinking of just living in leggings and vests with oversized shirts or a dress once it gets warmer, but in Scotland I don’t really need to worry about it getting to warm thankfully!

I’m going to order these then! Did you just get your usual size? I never know what sizes to get in maternity stuff, although they only have an 8 so I’ll just order them and hope I don’t need a 10 with this big bum I’m getting 😂 I’m thinking of just living in leggings and vests with oversized shirts or a dress once it gets warmer, but in Scotland I don’t really need to worry about it getting to warm thankfully!
When I order maternity clothes I get my usual size and they all seem to fit but if I don’t get maternity I have been sizing up

Yeah I just ordered my normal size! They’ve grown with my bum and the water retention in my legs but still don’t look stretched or anything. They’ll definitely be fine with vests etc til it’s warm enough for dresses 😁 I might actually get a couple more pairs for after baby is here just for comfort 🤣

I tried a walk and hot curry last night and no movement from baby just a few cramps and mild back ache so I’ve told Mr R his luck is in when he gets home 😂 because of HG and then being on a sex ban because of my bleeding we haven’t actually had sex since the start of September so I’m probably in for a whole 0.5 seconds of really uncomfortable fun 🤣 I hope it works! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Everything maternity hasn’t really worked out for me. I feel like they’re banking on your whole body being a bit bigger but I look the exact same in my arms and legs, just with a bump. I can probs do maternity stuff that’s flowy but all the bodycon stuff has drowned me even in my usual size. These are the things I’ve picked up and kept so far in either my size still or one size up

Bump is so achy today. Not in pain but so much discomfort

Attachments

Last edited:
Everything maternity hasn’t really worked out for me. I feel like they’re banking on your whole body being a bit bigger but I look the exact same in my arms and legs, just with a jump. I can probs do maternity stuff that’s flowy but all the bodycon stuff has drowned me even in my usual size. These are the things I’ve picked up and kept so far

Bump is so achy today. Not in pain but so much discomfort
I like these! It sounds like maybe regular clothes are more suitable for you but ones which can stretch. I really want a jumpsuit and then the shorts version too for the summer.

Is it normal to be sooooo tired in 2nd trimester? I'm having 2/3 hr naps a day. Literally walk to shops and come back exhausted. Never had this with my boys. Could it just be she's a girl or me being older this time round?

Is it normal to be sooooo tired in 2nd trimester? I'm having 2/3 hr naps a day. Literally walk to shops and come back exhausted. Never had this with my boys. Could it just be she's a girl or me being older this time round?
I am living for napping at the moment.. 24 weeks and currently lying down after doing some packing.. 😂

I nap every day still too! I’m permanently exhausted.

But have you had your iron levels checked if it’s different to your last pregnancies @Lucyxxxx ?

Okay I’m thinking ahead here (only 28 weeks) but what size bag are we taking in to hospital? Is a normal sized suitcase a bit extra? 😂 should I go for a cabin sized bag/holdall? I’ve been reading lists of what to take and even going on holiday I’ve never been a light packer!

Okay I’m thinking ahead here (only 28 weeks) but what size bag are we taking in to hospital? Is a normal sized suitcase a bit extra? 😂 should I go for a cabin sized bag/holdall? I’ve been reading lists of what to take and even going on holiday I’ve never been a light packer!
I’ve got like a mini suitcase I can pull along and I’m using my pram bag!

Last edited:
I’ve just woke up from a nap! I try not to nap in the day incase I can’t sleep at night but I woke up during the night and couldn’t get back to sleep so just had the nap. If you need it, you need it!

For hospital bags, I took a hold-all last time but packed way too much! This time I think my small cabin sized case and a bag for baby.

I’ve got a medium size holdall for me and a slightly smaller one for baby. I’ve only packed what’s on the lists and can only just fit it in so not sure how I’d manage with smaller bags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.