Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m so annoyed at myself for chugging a load of water at 12.15am, I wanted a good sleep but now Iā€™m gonna be awake at like 4am for a massive piss šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Okay body, approaching 19 weeks and apparently I'm suddenly back to throwing up at night?!
Also that awful leg cramp I had a couple of nights ago still hurts, feels like I've torn a muscle.
Might try and use all this to go down the sympathy route with Mr Brew to get that private gender scan this weekend ļæ¼ļæ¼ (even if it is less than two weeks til out 20 week NHS scan, ha!)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In hospital. The dull aches just havenā€™t subsided since Wednesday and now itā€™s a bit crampy. Not like overly worried but rang up and they offered to see me so also not going to turn that down. Better to be safe than sorry as Iā€™m going away for a few days on Monday so donā€™t want to be abroad and still worrying

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Probably more aimed at those that already have kids: dockatot - yes or no? They look SO useful and it looks like every baby ever loves them - but then Iā€™ve seen how reliant they get on being so snug that it ends up being counter active when getting them to be without it? Like are you shooting yourself in the foot in the long run?
We tried to be ā€˜goodā€™ and not have one, but then I had a NICU koala baby who I had to pump every couple of hours for, took me two months to get him latching. If someone was home it was fine, but if not I had him in the nest next to me on the settee so I could physically reassure him while I was hooked up. (Was using a hospital grade pump that plugs in the mains and heā€™d howl in the bassinet šŸ˜ž).
So I found ours v useful and used it loads in the end. Only resorted to it after bub wouldnā€™t accept the safer options though, and never used it without me being sat there awake, or in the side sleeper or cot.
I didnā€™t get the main branded one, I got the Ickle Bubba version as it comes with 2x covers as standard so could always have a clean one on hand.

Last night was the first night in my whole pregnancy since about 6 weeks I havenā€™t been for a wee once through the night šŸ¤£ soon as I opened my eyes this morning though I needed to leg it the toilet, I felt like I was going to burst

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hey ladies, did any of you not ever get a dark line on your tests? I took the clear blue one and it was really dark yesterday morning, but all the cheapie strip tests have only ever been light lines, I'm worried about no progression of lines. Xx

Last night was the first night in my whole pregnancy since about 6 weeks I havenā€™t been for a wee once through the night šŸ¤£ soon as I opened my eyes this morning though I needed to leg it the toilet, I felt like I was going to burst
I donā€™t know why, maybe I just donā€™t drink enough but I never need to pee as much as they say you do in pregnancy. I donā€™t wake up in the night but I am bursting in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey ladies, did any of you not ever get a dark line on your tests? I took the clear blue one and it was really dark yesterday morning, but all the cheapie strip tests have only ever been light lines, I'm worried about no progression of lines. Xx
How many DPO are you? It could be that they are different sensitivities? Your hcg is meant to double every 48 hours so I wouldnā€™t worry about it if itā€™s been one day. I did test for line progression every other day for a week or so but if you can try not to test it would be better
---
In hospital. The dull aches just havenā€™t subsided since Wednesday and now itā€™s a bit crampy. Not like overly worried but rang up and they offered to see me so also not going to turn that down. Better to be safe than sorry as Iā€™m going away for a few days on Monday so donā€™t want to be abroad and still worrying
Hope everything is okay!

How many DPO are you? It could be that they are different sensitivities? Your hcg is meant to double every 48 hours so I wouldnā€™t worry about it if itā€™s been one day. I did test for line progression every other day for a week or so but if you can try not to test it would be better
I'm not sure I think I'm around 12-13dpo. I will try and not test but it's sooo hard not to! X

I donā€™t know why, maybe I just donā€™t drink enough but I never need to pee as much as they say you do in pregnancy. I donā€™t wake up in the night but I am bursting in the morning.
I was the same until a few days ago. I was peeing less in the day. I donā€™t wake up in the night to pee (yet) but I am desperate in the morning!
---
I'm not sure I think I'm around 12-13dpo. I will try and not test but it's sooo hard not to! X
I know itā€™s so much easier said than done.

Iā€™ve had a look at my test pics from 12 DPO and for the normal easy at home strip it was still super faint. So if you can wait a couple of days it should show the progression then

Last edited:
Thank you, glad youā€™ve found something that has helped! I was worried that once it starts thereā€™s not much you can do, so thatā€™s good to know.
So was I, was terrified it would stay or get worse but honestly there is such an improvement. I had mentioned it to my GP and at a midwifeā€™s visit and they seemed to think it was there for the duration. I was worried it would go into my back as well, was terrified to move in case I made it worse. Couldnā€™t get an in person appointment with hospital physio so went privately. Expensive but well worth it and sheā€™ll be invaluable after the baby as well for the old pelvic floor too. Hope you get some relief soon xxx
---
You do not know how jealous that makes meā€¦ šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was the same until a few days ago. I was peeing less in the day. I donā€™t wake up in the night to pee (yet) but I am desperate in the morning!
---

I know itā€™s so much easier said than done.

Iā€™ve had a look at my test pics from 12 DPO and for the normal easy at home strip it was still super faint. So if you can wait a couple of days it should show the progression then
Thanks, I'm sorry if I'm annoying you girls by posting this kind of stuff but it's my first ever pregnancy so I'm still learning, this is the test I did this morning x
IMG_7159.jpeg

I say this every thread so people will be very bored of it, sorry, but testing canā€™t tell you anything about the progression of pregnancy. It can give major anxiety when the lines go up and down in intensity and even in sad outcomes lines can get darker, tests can be strong positive for weeks.
Only thing you can do is to watch for any spotting or really severe cramping and book a scan for 7 weeks.
Easier said than done I know but concentrate on keeping down stress and anxiety, taking your vit D and folic acid and quitting any unhealthy habits, those 3 weeks to a scan will fly x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel a bit better! I felt so sick and dizzy yesterday but I donā€™t now and the pains have subsided. I felt baby move a few times too, so Iā€™m hoping I get a bit more reassurance after the scan later. Thank you for asking šŸ¤—
Let us know how the scan goes later x
---
I say this every thread so people will be very bored of it, sorry, but testing canā€™t tell you anything about the progression of pregnancy. It can give major anxiety when the lines go up and down in intensity and even in sad outcomes lines can get darker, tests can be strong positive for weeks.
Only thing you can do is to watch for any spotting or really severe cramping and book a scan for 7 weeks.
Easier said than done I know but concentrate on keeping down stress and anxiety, taking your vit D and folic acid and quitting any unhealthy habits, those 3 weeks to a scan will fly x
100% agree with this @Elltee, itā€™s so hard to keep calm, but I just had to tell myself ā€œIā€™m pregnant until proven otherwiseā€ x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.