Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Relieved to read that, thanks! I've been reading forums and others are saying how sick they feel and how much their boobs hurt and loads of other things. Trying to remain positive and calm
šŸ’œ
I was like you at the start and worried I didn't have any symptoms, then whinged when they turned up, then panicked when they stopped šŸ˜…
One thing that gets highly recommended on here is to book yourself an early private scan for 7 weeks if you can afford to do so. It's so worth it for the reassurance.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah by the looks of it most people end up letting baby sleep in it when really it isnā€™t advised, I wouldnā€™t want to fall into that. I guess what theyā€™ve never had, they canā€™t miss šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations! I also didn't get symptoms until about 6 or so weeks and they come and go so some days you'll feel normal and the next you wont. It's hard not to feel super anxious when that happens but it really is completely normal!
You just have to remember no 2 pregnancies are the same some people go all the way through with no symptoms (lucky!!) And some get every single symptoms under the sun.
ah so relieved to read that, it's so hard having google around because you're so tempted to read all the negative stuff šŸ™ˆ xx
---
I was like you at the start and worried I didn't have any symptoms, then whinged when they turned up, then panicked when they stopped šŸ˜…
One thing that gets highly recommended on here is to book yourself an early private scan for 7 weeks if you can afford to do so. It's so worth it for the reassurance.
yeah I'm going to try and book an early one for sure, I bet I'll be back in here in a few weeks complaining about symptoms šŸ™ˆšŸ˜… x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just opened the pregnacare tablets and oh no, I canā€™t swallow small paracetamol let alone this theyā€™re massive šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I wouldnā€™t worry too much if you canā€™t take them. You could always try the ones that are folic acid and vitamin d. Itā€™s obviously recommended to be taking the vitamins, I took folic acid before getting pregnant and moved on to vitamin d once I found out I was pregnant but then my HG started so Iā€™ve took nothing from 6 weeks. Not that I encourage anyone not to take anything, but Iā€™ve had no issues thankfully.

Reactions: 2
ah so relieved to read that, it's so hard having google around because you're so tempted to read all the negative stuff šŸ™ˆ xx
---

yeah I'm going to try and book an early one for sure, I bet I'll be back in here in a few weeks complaining about symptoms šŸ™ˆšŸ˜… x
Welcome! And please donā€™t google!

I had some symptoms earlier (randomly crying, sore boobs and backache) but the sickness etc wasnā€™t until 7 weeks.

The later your earlier scan the better itā€™s just how long you can wait. At 7 months you should see a heartbeat but itā€™s just a blob !

• Heart
Iā€™ve never had sore boobs, any sickness or nausea at 20 weeks. Basically no symptoms. My only real thing was that I suddenly weeā€™d a lot overnight šŸ˜‚ now my boobs are huge and I do have a bump but even still thatā€™s it. I think itā€™s important to acknowledge you just might not feel these things at all just so you donā€™t over panic thinking youā€™re not pregnant. Similarly you might have symptoms come and go so again donā€™t think youā€™re not pregnant anymore if one of the symptoms stop. Itā€™s so easy to get yourself in a hole especially if youā€™re wanting it so much / spent ages TTC / had a loss. Obviously if you DO feel anything actually go wrong like pain or bleeding, donā€™t hesitate to do something but honestly Iā€™ve learnt on this thread symptoms are so so personal

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wouldnā€™t worry too much if you canā€™t take them. You could always try the ones that are folic acid and vitamin d. Itā€™s obviously recommended to be taking the vitamins, I took folic acid before getting pregnant and moved on to vitamin d once I found out I was pregnant but then my HG started so Iā€™ve took nothing from 6 weeks. Not that I encourage anyone not to take anything, but Iā€™ve had no issues thankfully.
Iā€™ve not been able to keep any down from 6 weeks because of HG either and baby is ginormous and all scans etc are perfect so whilst I also wouldnā€™t advise not to take them, Iā€™d just say donā€™t beat yourself up or feel guilty if you canā€™t keep them down. I would absolutely have taken them if I could and felt really guilty that I couldnā€™t but it doesnā€™t seem to have affected the baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve never had sore boobs, any sickness or nausea at 20 weeks. Basically no symptoms. My only real thing was that I suddenly weeā€™d a lot overnight šŸ˜‚ now my boobs are huge and I do have a bump but even still thatā€™s it. I think itā€™s important to acknowledge you just might not feel these things at all just so you donā€™t over panic thinking youā€™re not pregnant. Similarly you might have symptoms come and go so again donā€™t think youā€™re not pregnant anymore if one of the symptoms stop. Itā€™s so easy to get yourself in a hole especially if youā€™re wanting it so much / spent ages TTC / had a loss. Obviously if you DO feel anything actually go wrong like pain or bleeding, donā€™t hesitate to do something but honestly Iā€™ve learnt on this thread symptoms are so so personal
aw thanks this post has made me feel much better, it's so hard not to compare yourself to others. I'm just hoping all goes ok as we've been trying for 2 years and this is the first positive test I've had xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone, just joining in here as I found out I am pregnant this morning after 2 years of trying, I can't believe it!! I'm still in shock.
Im a very anxious person so I'm looking out for every pain/niggle whatever. I don't really have much in the way of symptoms other than a bit of cramping that feels like period pain and I feel really tired. Is this normal? I see people saying they feel all these things but I don't feel any of them?! Maybe it's too early.
Excited to join in this thread šŸ„° View attachment 2885606View attachment 2885607
Congratulations!

I'm not too far away from entering my third trimester and I've had pretty much zero symptoms throughout, I've had no sickness, tiredness, sore boobs, cravings etc

Symptoms wise my first ones were bloating and nausea. Someone at work actually asked my sister if I was pregnant before Iā€™d even done a test because I had ā€œthat pregnancy bloatā€ šŸ˜³ and I instantly went off my daily chai lattes and wanted to drink ice cold full fat coke and only eat peperamis (that one didnt last long!). My sickness kicked in at 6 weeks and was full blown HG by 7. But sickness and occasional sore boobs were the only symptoms I had for most of the first trimester.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hey everyone, just joining in here as I found out I am pregnant this morning after 2 years of trying, I can't believe it!! I'm still in shock.
Im a very anxious person so I'm looking out for every pain/niggle whatever. I don't really have much in the way of symptoms other than a bit of cramping that feels like period pain and I feel really tired. Is this normal? I see people saying they feel all these things but I don't feel any of them?! Maybe it's too early.
Excited to join in this thread šŸ„° View attachment 2885606View attachment 2885607
Congrats and good luck šŸ„° Don't worry too much, I also don't have any symptoms, only occasional mild cramping (like I'll get my period tomorrow). I just keep doing tests everytime I pee to remind myself something's really going on! šŸ˜‚

aw thanks this post has made me feel much better, it's so hard not to compare yourself to others. I'm just hoping all goes ok as we've been trying for 2 years and this is the first positive test I've had xx
Iā€™m so aware saying avoid worrying is so much easier said than done but honestly more often than not everything is always okay šŸ„° youā€™re doing the right thing going for the early scan. Start taking the vitamins if you werenā€™t already, get clued up on the foods to eat/not to eat and relax as much as you can and enjoy your pregnancy!!! xx

Hi everyone šŸ‘‹šŸ» Iā€™ve been lurking on previous threads but now Iā€™m about 24 weeks itā€™s all feeling very real!

Wondered if anyone has experienced pelvic girdle pain? Iā€™m starting to get some deep soreness in my groin area after sitting down for a while but not sure if thatā€™s what it is?
I had it on and off for weeks, sitting to standing was a nightmare. Went to a female health physio and she gave me some exercises to do, and recommended a bouncy ball. I started walking over rougher ground and that really helped. Saw her one more time and pretty much pain free now. I thought it would be around till the bitter end. also think the baby has lived a bit higher which has released some of the pain. 25 weeks on Saturday x hope you get some relief. I found sitting with my legs open really helped, and have been doing lunges with a stretch..

• Heart
With my eldest I only found out on the off chance of going to doctors for bloods when I was 3 months. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't of even found out probably til towards the end of my pregnancy. My point is try your best to not worry (easier said then done I know).

Aww thanks ladies I feel much better now, looking forward to being in here with all of you xxx

• Heart
Love this! Being pregnant is the only time I wear tighter clothes cos I'm all bumpy not pregnant so I might have to get this. What a bargain! šŸ„°

• Heart
I had it on and off for weeks, sitting to standing was a nightmare. Went to a female health physio and she gave me some exercises to do, and recommended a bouncy ball. I started walking over rougher ground and that really helped. Saw her one more time and pretty much pain free now. I thought it would be around till the bitter end. also think the baby has lived a bit higher which has released some of the pain. 25 weeks on Saturday x hope you get some relief. I found sitting with my legs open really helped, and have been doing lunges with a stretch..
Thank you, glad youā€™ve found something that has helped! I was worried that once it starts thereā€™s not much you can do, so thatā€™s good to know.

Probably more aimed at those that already have kids: dockatot - yes or no? They look SO useful and it looks like every baby ever loves them - but then Iā€™ve seen how reliant they get on being so snug that it ends up being counter active when getting them to be without it? Like are you shooting yourself in the foot in the long run?
Dockatot should only be used supervised due to suffocation risk, thatā€™s enough for me not to buy. I can see the purpose of a baby nest if it helps a baby that wonā€™t be put down to settle but Iā€™d go for a safer option and wait and see how baby is before buying because like you say, you donā€™t want them to rely on it if they never needed it.

The Purflo is a similar concept but rated for unsupervised & overnight sleep.
We got the big version when my little one wouldnā€™t transition from the next2me to the big cot hoping it would feel more cosy. It didnā€™t work, it didnā€™t work for a friend who borrowed it to try for the same purpose either. Maybe if weā€™d had it from the start though so I might introduce it here and there just for that purpose.

On a similar note, last time I avoided all sleep associations as I didnā€™t want baby to be reliant. I didnā€™t realise they can be magic sleep cues, really help baby and I accidentally made me the only sleep association. This time iā€™ll try white noise. If a little gadget or phone app can help baby drift off, Iā€™m all for it as unlike the baby nest, they wonā€™t grow out of it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.