Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any moisturiser recommendations, my face is SO dry this pregnancy, I usually use the clinique moisture surge but it's just not helping at the min!

Does anyone have any moisturiser recommendations, my face is SO dry this pregnancy, I usually use the clinique moisture surge but it's just not helping at the min!
Avene tolerance control (smoothing skin recovery cream) is nice for really dry skin

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is morbid but in my first pregnancy I never believed it'd work out so I did a lot based on stats.
24 weeks is when a baby becomes 'viable', they'd have a chance of survival if they were born. After 24 weeks they will take any and all life saving measures for baby. I started looking around then as I was going for second hand and knew it'd take a while for the perfect thing to come up. At 27 weeks, the survival rates are high at 89%. This is when I properly started buying bits for the hospital and bigger items.
This time I've bought earlier. I won't have another pregnancy no matter what comes and I want to be able to enjoy it without fear. I don't actually need to buy as much but I'll never regret having bought a day crib for this baby.
I love logical reason ngl so that actually really helps thank you!!

Reactions: 2
When did people start buying things properly? Like bigger ticket items, not little bits. Probs me being a pessimistic having a loss before, but I would hate to spend a fortune I can’t end up returning of something bad happened. Negative mindset I know
I started after 12 week scan , didn’t see the point of holding off till 20 or 30 weeks because as sad as it is , you can lose at any stage of the pregnancy so I wanted to enjoy the journey

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m really struggling with anxiety and not being able to enjoy this. I’m only 4w4d but all I can think about is the what ifs. My mum and my friend has been super supportive but my fiance just won’t get excited with me, I hate this. :(

• Heart
I bought first baby grow at 16w after gender scan but other than a couple of outfits haven’t bought anything yet at 21w. I’m going to start around Easter as I think with some of the things the choices are overwhelming !
---
I’m really struggling with anxiety and not being able to enjoy this. I’m only 4w4d but all I can think about is the what ifs. My mum and my friend has been super supportive but my fiance just won’t get excited with me, I hate this. :(
Aww bless you. It’s so common to be anxious and question everything if you look back you’ll see so many posts about the same.

I liked that fact that every day was one day more “safe” and hung on to that but I felt less anxious after my first scan at 7 weeks. Even now I still check everytime I go to the loo or worry when I feel a random pain !

• Heart
Caved and bought a pregnancy pillow. 16w and just finding it uncomfortable to sleep. Hopefully this does it. Took me AGES to find one that wasn’t too expensive / had good reviews. I like a firm pillow in general so wanted to make sure it wasn’t flimsy

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@eppingforestbambi Congratulations! Awesome photo ❤
---
Guys... my little man decided to make a dramatic entrance at 2:22 this morning ❤ Thank you so much for all your kind words and support, I really can't express how much it means to me 💞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Congratulations @Jellycat369 💙 I’ve been refreshing this to see if there was any updates. Hope you’re all well and enjoying the cuddles now.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations on the bundles of happiness guys. ❤.

Got an active kicking baby today. In 48 hrs I'll be en route to gender scan.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So, I’m having a boy! To be honest going to that shifty gender scan at 12 weeks where I was told a boy got me ready for this. I’m more than happy. I’d kind of processed my disappointment at it not being a girl already and got myself ready for the fact it was likely to be a boy again today. Roll it on!!!

We went straight to the in laws after, where my boyfriend’s nephew was causing absolute chaos. So there’s nothing like a humble reminder boys are gonna be hard work, but I thought it was so entertaining 😂 can’t wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Felt my first kick from touching my stomach today😭😭❤ been feeling him kick for a while but first time outside. It’s going so fast❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.