Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn't look like I'll be meeting baby any time soon ☹ Had my CTG this morning prior to my exam for my induction and it showed a blip in his heart rate. Was on continuous monitoring for nearly 3 hours afterwards and unfortunately the irregularities were showing then too. Am having to stay in hospital for monitoring, so had to wait on a bed as opposed to having my outpatient induction. Have my own room now, just waiting on the door to come so I can have a Cooks balloon fitted and then they'll start monitoring. I'm so upset. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd imagined. I feel so terribly guilty for leaving my little one and so utterly ashamed that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to 😭😔
I’m so sorry it’s not going your way but don’t be fooled but the “it’s what we’re made for” bullshit narrative.
My maternity unit posts stats monthly, on average 30% of women are induced and generally just under 50% are unassisted vaginal labour. The rest are assisted vaginal or planned & emergency c-sections. It’s completely normal to need some assistance somewhere along the lines, not needing anything is the minority. It not what we want but it doesn’t mean any kind of failure. Lots of love to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Doesn't look like I'll be meeting baby any time soon ☹ Had my CTG this morning prior to my exam for my induction and it showed a blip in his heart rate. Was on continuous monitoring for nearly 3 hours afterwards and unfortunately the irregularities were showing then too. Am having to stay in hospital for monitoring, so had to wait on a bed as opposed to having my outpatient induction. Have my own room now, just waiting on the door to come so I can have a Cooks balloon fitted and then they'll start monitoring. I'm so upset. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd imagined. I feel so terribly guilty for leaving my little one and so utterly ashamed that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to 😭😔
Thinking of you and you’ve absolutely got this ❤ your body has and will do what it’s supposed to, you’re amazing, you will get through this next bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for all your kind words. I know it's silly to be upset but I can't help but blame myself. At least I've got a private room and my OH can stay and my wee one is having fun with his grandparents. Just need to focus on the positives.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So sorry your day hasn’t gone as planned @Jellycat369
Hope things progress quickly once the balloon is in and you have your little bundle in your arms soon. In the meantime order a takeaway to your room and enjoy a couple of quiet hours with your OH. Your little one is probably having the best time at home being spoilt by the grandparents 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Balloon is in, 0 out of 10, do not recommend! Oft! Monitoring is going well, blips that we're seen earlier haven't been repeated so I think it was probably just the sensors moving as the baby was doing some break dancing! Sending OH out for a takeaway, figured I deserve it!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Balloon is in, 0 out of 10, do not recommend! Oft! Monitoring is going well, blips that we're seen earlier haven't been repeated so I think it was probably just the sensors moving as the baby was doing some break dancing! Sending OH out for a takeaway, figured I deserve it!
Ahhh good luck! Enjoy your takeaway! I’ll be thinking of you tonight 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
One step closer to meeting your baby! ❤

Hope you manage to enjoy your evening, we’re all thinking of you!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That’s brilliant about the blips not repeating. After listening to hours on end of women having ctgs when I’ve been admitted I know those monitors are incredibly sensitive and something as simple as baby flinching or you moving a mm can cause them to show blips and need repeating. It’s a shame it’s delayed everything for you today but fingers crossed now your balloon is in you’ll be well on your way soon. Hope you’re having cuddles by morning 🥰 is your OH allowed to stay all night?

Ah hope everything goes well! And enjoy your takeaway ❤

I am full of a cold 😫 I am always such a wimp when I've got a cold but having a cold when you're pregnant and can't take anything for it is even worse. 😂 Plus at nearly 20 weeks I am STILL throwing up daily. I hate moaning because I really am so grateful to be pregnant but boy, give a girl a break 😂 It will be all forgotten and worth it when he's here
Stinking cold here too. I’ve coughed so much I’ve got a pain in my bump & have to hold it when I cough - so horrible.
I’ve got a glycerine cough medicine and a oxymetazoline nasal spray I’ve used a handful of times as both say they’re safe in pregnancy but trying to avoid them unless the coughing strain is too much.

LO has had it too, its so hard taking care of them when you’re poorly yourself before they’re at the ‘films on the sofa’ stage & it’s only just hit me I could end up with 2 poorly ones 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sending love and positive vibes ❤
---
Isit normal for morning sickness, nausea and bloating to come and go? It’s weird I hate feeling sick but when I don’t I feel like somethings wrong xx
---
Sorry I didn’t realise this would add to my previous post x

Last edited:
Sending love and positive vibes ❤
---
Isit normal for morning sickness, nausea and bloating to come and go? It’s weird I hate feeling sick but when I don’t I feel like somethings wrong xx
---
I feel the same, 8w 4 days and today I feel really normal, no nausea. It’s so hard to rationalise. Mine have definitely come and go

• Heart
Reactions: 2
---
Yeah it is normal, symptoms tend fluctuate. In my first trimester one week I was throwing up and my boobs were killing me, the next I was completely fine like a new woman, then the next week I’d be throwing up again x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've now got to the point I can't eat much without feeling full. Not even 16 weeks til Tuesday and it's proper taking it out of me.

Reactions: 5
Equally, it’s normal to have basically no symptoms and still be pregnant. Apart from weeing more, fatigue until v recently and my boobs being huuuuge I don’t feel pregnant and I’m 16w. Never had nausea or anything like that.

Reactions: 4
And he’s here!!! 10.4lbs of cockney sassiness!

Can I have some wine and sushi now please? 😂

IMG_5898.jpeg

---
Sending you loads of love!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.