Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice big dose of morning sickness. Been feeling nauseous for hours and finally been sick twice. Never had this with the boys. Just over a week til I find out for sure but things like this are making me more suspicious he is infact a she.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey lovelies,

I’ve come from the ttc thread. It’s taken almost a year and half and I’ve finally got my first pregnancy. I’m currently 11dpo and period is due tomorrow. This is my test compared to last Fridays, praying everything goes okay as this is the first time I’ve become pregnant!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Feeling super lucky. One of my uncles who I’m not actually close to messaged me today asking if I’d like his Silvercross pram. To be honest my dream is an iCandy or Egg which we’d be able to get, but feel like we should definitely look at his pram first as it’s free and would save over a grand. I told my MIL this today and her reply was “Oh. Do you not want us to buy you one? We could do that or your nursery furniture” So that’s the two biggest ticket items ticked off!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Feeling super lucky. One of my uncles who I’m not actually close to messaged me today asking if I’d like his Silvercross pram. To be honest my dream is an iCandy or Egg which we’d be able to get, but feel like we should definitely look at his pram first as it’s free and would save over a grand. I told my MIL this today and her reply was “Oh. Do you not want us to buy you one? We could do that or your nursery furniture” So that’s the two biggest ticket items ticked off!!!
definitely take it if it’s all fine! We have the icandy orange from my first, I had put it away to stick it on Facebook marketplace but never got round to it and since it’s there we may aswell use that again because everything is so expensive. We also have a Joolz buggy that you can now buy a carry cot for so was thinking I could buy the cot then it would be like a brand new pram but honestly, it’s probably just a waste of money which could be spent on furniture or outfits. I’ve learned from the first baby not to go over board and we don’t need every fancy, expensive thing there is.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Definitely have a look at the pram and see if you like it! We’ve been lucky with grandparents buying the travel system and the nursery furniture too. It’s saved a small fortune!

Hey lovelies,

I’ve come from the ttc thread. It’s taken almost a year and half and I’ve finally got my first pregnancy. I’m currently 11dpo and period is due tomorrow. This is my test compared to last Fridays, praying everything goes okay as this is the first time I’ve become pregnant!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Congratulations!!

• Heart
Love this. People can be so wonderfully generous when it comes to babies 🩷
One tip, if I may, get a big wardrobe, or at least not one of the tiny ones. We had a little one and struggled for hanging space from about 6ths.

• Heart
Got a presentation at work tomorrow and none of my smart work pants fit 😭 Been a bit too cocky in my leggings the last few weeks 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Has anyone found anything that helps with the insomnia 😭 I’m so tired. Counting sheep hasn’t worked for me tonight and usually it will help

• Heart
Reactions: 2
One of my antisickness meds knocks me out eventually but not til about 4am 🙄 that doesn’t really help though! In early pregnancy when I couldn’t sleep I used to play white noise on Alexa and that helped a bit? No other suggestions I’m afraid. It’s frustrating 😔

• Heart
Nausea yet again. Arghhh I'm 15 weeks tomorrow I was meant to be past this weeks ago. For me this pregnancy is going fast though so just gotta ride it out lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This mornings digital clear blue 🥰

does anybody have ideas on how to relax? I’m honestly so terrified of something going wrong this early on x

IMG_6098.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This mornings digital clear blue 🥰

does anybody have ideas on how to relax? I’m honestly so terrified of something going wrong this early on x

Congratulations! Honestly, I don't have any tips on how to relax. I spent the whole first trimester convinced something would go wrong, even now in the second trimester I get huge anxiety that something's gone wrong, I don't think there's an easy way to calm the anxiety I'm afraid. I did have a private early scan at about 6/7 weeks which eased it for a bit as we could see the heartbeat on the screen and the sonographer confirmed everything looked "as it should" at that stage. If you have the funds for that then that's an option for when you're a few more weeks into it. But honestly, it's such a nerve wracking time. The only bit of advice I have (and I wish I had followed myself) is try not to symptom spot or hyper-fixate on symptoms from one day to the next. I would go into panic if one day my boobs hurt less than they did the day before, or if one day I wasn't feeling as tired as I did yesterday etc etc - the truth is symptoms fluctuate and are not an accurate indicator of how the pregnancy is progressing. Sorry I couldn't give better advice on how to calm the nerves, but if you can, just try to enjoy it. It's such a blessing 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Congratulations! Honestly, I don't have any tips on how to relax. I spent the whole first trimester convinced something would go wrong, even now in the second trimester I get huge anxiety that something's gone wrong, I don't think there's an easy way to calm the anxiety I'm afraid. I did have a private early scan at about 6/7 weeks which eased it for a bit as we could see the heartbeat on the screen and the sonographer confirmed everything looked "as it should" at that stage. If you have the funds for that then that's an option for when you're a few more weeks into it. But honestly, it's such a nerve wracking time. The only bit of advice I have (and I wish I had followed myself) is try not to symptom spot or hyper-fixate on symptoms from one day to the next. I would go into panic if one day my boobs hurt less than they did the day before, or if one day I wasn't feeling as tired as I did yesterday etc etc - the truth is symptoms fluctuate and are not an accurate indicator of how the pregnancy is progressing. Sorry I couldn't give better advice on how to calm the nerves, but if you can, just try to enjoy it. It's such a blessing 🥰
Thank you so so much! Definitely looking into private scans, my last period was 15th feb so I’ll be 4 weeks on Thursday. When should I look about booking this in? I don’t want to book it so far in advance because anxiety 🤣
I’m glad it’s not just me, and really glad everything is going well for you.
I’ve had to remove TikTok as I was seeing too many negative videos and it’s been really triggering me!

• Heart
Thank you so so much! Definitely looking into private scans, my last period was 15th feb so I’ll be 4 weeks on Thursday. When should I look about booking this in? I don’t want to book it so far in advance because anxiety 🤣
I’ve had to remove TikTok as I was seeing too many negative videos and it’s been really triggering me!
Private scans recommend booking in 3 weeks after a positive test so baby isn’t too small and so you will be able to see heartbeat x

• Heart
Congratulations! I’m almost 8 weeks. I’d definitely recommend booking one but not too early as if they can’t see a heartbeat yet you’ll just panic. I had my early scan a few days ago (internal scan) and they could immediately see everything was ok and it put me in a calm place. Appreciate the first few weeks are hard but try and trust your body is doing its thing!

• Heart
Try to relax it’s very hard but it is possible if only for a few moments each day. I had an early scan at 6 weeks as I had a little bleeding ( nearly killed me with the worry). Went for a private scan, rang them at 9:30 and had the scan at 8 in the evening. At six weeks we got to see the heart beat and got reassurance that everything was in the right place. They also referred me back to the hospital and had two further scans at 7 and 8 weeks.. 19 weeks now and patiently waiting for the 20 weeks scan on Friday next. Fingers crossed all will be equally good for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Today im saying to myself what the hell am I putting myself into 😵💫😵😶🌫 I was planning to put my toddler to nursery and have a day off (9-15)cause the rest of the week im on holiday and with him every day. Ive been so burnt out with work and terrible sickness 24/7. I just waited to be alone for like 7 hours. My job is super demanding. Of course my toddler fell sick 😶😶🌫 so here I am with him and he is super annoying today of course cause he is poorly. I just need to vent im on a such a bad mood and ive been snappy and feel like a crap mom 🙈 and next september I will have a newborn and a threenager 👁👄👁 how do people survive!! Why didnt I stay backpacking in Bali?? I had all the time in the world for myself to drink smoothies and do yoga 🤣 ok martyr mom rant over. Not my day today🤟 motherhood is the best. And the worst.

• Heart
Currently 5 days overdue and really fed up. In laws have been with us a week and despite promising to do stuff in the house so OH and I could spend some precious time with our toddler, they haven't. They've taken over looking after him 😒 I'm not really in a position to be able to do much because my lower back is so awful and the pressure in my pelvis has been really bad but it feels like they've stolen precious time with him away from me. On top of that I feel guilty because I know if they hadn't have taken him out, we couldn't have done anything any way. Plus they're now getting tetchy because baby is late, MiL literally bit off OH head this morning because he dared asked if they were heading out today 😬 Midwife was supposed to call with a day assessment unit appointment for today and details for an induction this coming Friday but never did. Text her this morning and she forgot 🙄 Fortunately have been booked in for an assessment tomorrow afternoon. In the mean time, I'm uncomfortable, I'm fed up, I'm exhausted, everything hurts and I just want to cry. No wonder baby isn't here yet, I wouldn't want to meet me either 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Currently 5 days overdue and really fed up. In laws have been with us a week and despite promising to do stuff in the house so OH and I could spend some precious time with our toddler, they haven't. They've taken over looking after him 😒 I'm not really in a position to be able to do much because my lower back is so awful and the pressure in my pelvis has been really bad but it feels like they've stolen precious time with him away from me. On top of that I feel guilty because I know if they hadn't have taken him out, we couldn't have done anything any way. Plus they're now getting tetchy because baby is late, MiL literally bit off OH head this morning because he dared asked if they were heading out today 😬 Midwife was supposed to call with a day assessment unit appointment for today and details for an induction this coming Friday but never did. Text her this morning and she forgot 🙄 Fortunately have been booked in for an assessment tomorrow afternoon. In the mean time, I'm uncomfortable, I'm fed up, I'm exhausted, everything hurts and I just want to cry. No wonder baby isn't here yet, I wouldn't want to meet me either 😔
couldn’t think of anything worse than having my in laws over for a week! With having HG my in laws have took my toddler most days over the past few months but never once offered to help around the house. My own mum had to come and do some cleaning for me. You just need to think that it won’t be too long for you now, baby will be here soon!! Fingers crossed for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.