Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Had my 28 week appointment today! Everything’s going so quick. Got my private 4D scan tomorrow so excited for that and to see baby again 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Having a low day today, I saw people speak about the loneliness of the first trimester but I never really understood it. We have a 9 week scan tomorrow just to check in on everything but I’m just counting down the days til I can tell people. I’ve told a couple of close girlfriends who are also pregnant but haven’t chatted too much. Also nothing is really “wrong”, just high stress levels. We are moving house next week, my husband is away on a work trip and being grumpy with me, I’m having a work issue with a colleague being an asshole, my dog is behaving weirdly and might be ill, I’m just hardly leaving the house and feel like a hobbit just waiting for a few weeks time when I can start seeing people without having to lie/hide things/people wondering why I look horrific and am exhausted. God, you spend so long trying to get pregnant and don’t realise every single day after that is a rollercoaster of new stuff.

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Thank you guys. Its a shock to the system but a happy shock. Saw her on 4D for a second and she has her dad's entire face 😂😂. Can not wait to go clothes shopping etc 😂😂

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
Ahhh this is so cute. My 3.5yo has plenty offered of suggestions… unfortunately they are not helpful when they are Bum bum, Carney and Cooley 🤣
My 3.5 year old has suggested “wee wee and poo poo” and “pedro pony and danny dog” for her twin siblings 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Elle Woods

VIP Member
We just had a reassurance appointment with the midwife as I've been a bit anxious over a few things and got the hear the heartbeat for the first time 🥰🥰 We've only been able to see it so far on scans so it was lovely to be able to hear it. She let my partner record it too so I can listen to it later on which was nice, she said they're not really supposed to but I don't understand why.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
What is it about pregnancy that makes cereal taste soo good? I’ve eaten nearly a whole box of shreddies today 😅

• Haha

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Do you guys think it’s best I just stop doing pregnancy tests? I’m 6 weeks nearly 7. As some of you have said it’s not an indication on how well it’s going if you get me
I would say so. As other's have mentioned there is the hook effect where your HCG levels become too high for the test to recognise so it can give you a faint line or negative, which could just induce more anxiety. It's really no indication of how well it's going. I say that as someone who took over 30 tests when I first found out, every day I was doing them. It wasn't until I saw the heartbeat at my early reassurance scan I truly believed I was actually pregnant!

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
Sorry you’re suffering @Jellycat369 Hopefully things start moving soon, in the meantime can you refer comments to your husband for a kind “Thanks for thinking of us, we’ll let you know when there’s something to report. We’re just enjoying our last few days a a 3”?

I’ve reached the magic 24 weeks, officially viable! I know it’s no guarantee and still really early but it feels like a bit of a pregnancy milestone. Feeling better in myself too which is positive. Can’t wait to get to my 28 week growth scan, feels like that will be a big relief.
Congrats! I’m 24 weeks today too!! I was actually discussing with my husband earlier about how big a deal it feels. It’s definitely a huge milestone. At one point, I really convinced myself we wouldn’t make it this far so it’s made me feel really overwhelmed and emotional 🥲

there will always be more worries, as is the case for every pregnancy… but I think celebrating and appreciating these milestones is really important ❤

• Heart

MissFinn

VIP Member
Only just found this thread! Yay happy! Im pregnant with my second 14 weeks. Ive felt so sick fatigue and sickness all the time. I got a sickness medicine called bonjesta and its starting To help slowly :) finally feel like I can actually feel like human not only zombie. Bought first body yesterday 🧡

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Thanks for all your kind words. I know it's silly to be upset but I can't help but blame myself. At least I've got a private room and my OH can stay and my wee one is having fun with his grandparents. Just need to focus on the positives.

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
Went out for lunch today. At the end our server said to me “aww, not long left to go now then?” and looked down at my bump.

I had to break the news to her that I’m only 23 weeks and the reason I am massive is because I’m having twins 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Doesn't look like I'll be meeting baby any time soon ☹ Had my CTG this morning prior to my exam for my induction and it showed a blip in his heart rate. Was on continuous monitoring for nearly 3 hours afterwards and unfortunately the irregularities were showing then too. Am having to stay in hospital for monitoring, so had to wait on a bed as opposed to having my outpatient induction. Have my own room now, just waiting on the door to come so I can have a Cooks balloon fitted and then they'll start monitoring. I'm so upset. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd imagined. I feel so terribly guilty for leaving my little one and so utterly ashamed that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to 😭😔
I’m so sorry it’s not going your way but don’t be fooled but the “it’s what we’re made for” bullshit narrative.
My maternity unit posts stats monthly, on average 30% of women are induced and generally just under 50% are unassisted vaginal labour. The rest are assisted vaginal or planned & emergency c-sections. It’s completely normal to need some assistance somewhere along the lines, not needing anything is the minority. It not what we want but it doesn’t mean any kind of failure. Lots of love to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

dax

We’ve got a name thankfully! We had one for each gender from quite early on. Our four year old talks to my stomach and calls it by her name so he’d be raging if we changed the name now 😂
Ahhh this is so cute. My 3.5yo has plenty offered of suggestions… unfortunately they are not helpful when they are Bum bum, Carney and Cooley 🤣

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I can’t remember any breathing techniques with my first, I just hammered the gas & air, it was a Saturday night and Heart FM was blasting dance music, felt like I was off my head on a night out 😂

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Dating scan done, baby was being very awkward with their positions 🙈
And I haven't stopped being sick since, think I just hit an all time low spewing up multiple times in the middle of a retail park 😭

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
My mate was asking me how am I gonna announce it on social media. Tbh babes probably won't bother. Might just pop up with a family Xmas photo when baby is like 4 months old. 😂😂😂

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Just ordered deliveroo as I’ve had nothing but carbs and crap food for weeks and really wanted a tuna baguette and a smoothie. Was feeling sick but then urgently needed that 😂They only brought me the wrong sandwich which was an egg salad roll which is literally my food nightmare. I nearly cried!

• Sad

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Have a feeling wee one is going to come soon. Definitely feels like they've bobbed down into my pelvis again today because I'm getting some pains across the bottom of my bump. Also been to the loo a lot today 💩😳 No mucus plug or waters yet though. Hang tight little buddy, the in laws won't be here until Sunday and I haven't packed my bag yet! 😭

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Happy mothers day!! This time next year we all be with our new little bundles of happiness. ❤

• Heart