Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have my 12-week scan on Thursday. I'm very nervous that there is going to be something wrong, keep having horrible dreams about it ☹ I know it's probably my anxiety but it's very hard not to listen when I'm having these horrible thoughts day and night 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have my 12-week scan on Thursday. I'm very nervous that there is going to be something wrong, keep having horrible dreams about it ☹ I know it's probably my anxiety but it's very hard not to listen when I'm having these horrible thoughts day and night 😭
Thursday isn’t too long to wait, the anxiety before the 12 week scan is intense. It’s very normal to feel like that, I think most people do. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
sorry to hear this, with my first pregnancy i made my self ill the whole way with anxiety. The perinatal mental heath team were great, i got a referral via the midwife. I think everyone gets a degree of anxiety before things like this but definitely help available if you think it feels worse than what would be considered normal ❤good luck on the scan i am sure all is ok x

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure what bag I’ll be using but I’ve bought different sized pouches and going to use my label maker to label them all😆

What type of bag is everyone planning to use as a hospital bag? I can’t remember what I used last time. Tempted to take a little wheelie case with packing cubes (labelled) inside with different bits in.
It’s bizarre I actually cannot remember what I used for my hospital bag 2 years ago. I think I also used a wheeled cabin bag. Packing cubes are a yes. I also packed a back up bag and left it in the car boot; with extra nappies, vests, extra pants etc so if I needed to stay longer didn’t have to rely on husband to rifle through my drawers to find what ones I want!

Reactions: 4
I was the same, nightmares and anxiety and blood pressure through the roof. I know saying "everything will be fine" is kind of pointless when you're at this point of anxiety. What will be, will be. I'm sure you have a perfectly healthy little bean in there, and I hope you get some relief when you see said bean on the screen.

Reactions: 3
Thinking about packing the hospital bag gives me so much anxiety 🙈 I don't even know where to start. How far along were most of you when you packed it?

Reactions: 1
Thinking about packing the hospital bag gives me so much anxiety 🙈 I don't even know where to start. How far along were most of you when you packed it?
I’m 31 weeks now but just received my glamorous order of disposable knickers, maternity pads and nipple cream from Amazon so going to start getting things together now. Can’t remember when I packed in my first pregnancy. Doesn’t do any harm to get it ready handy.

What type of bag is everyone planning to use as a hospital bag? I can’t remember what I used last time. Tempted to take a little wheelie case with packing cubes (labelled) inside with different bits in.
This is exactly what I did and it worked perfectly for me. In my case I had baby’s first outfit and a nappy and we left her proper bag in the car until she arrived to save carting everything from room to room

• Heart
sorry to hear this, with my first pregnancy i made my self ill the whole way with anxiety. The perinatal mental heath team were great, i got a referral via the midwife. I think everyone gets a degree of anxiety before things like this but definitely help available if you think it feels worse than what would be considered normal ❤good luck on the scan i am sure all is ok x
I had such a bad time with my first because so many services weren't available due to the pandemic, I think I'm worried that I'll end up like I did before. Think it doesn't help being an old fart, and overweight, and being reminded of both at every opportunity.

• Heart
I had such a bad time with my first because so many services weren't available due to the pandemic, I think I'm worried that I'll end up like I did before. Think it doesn't help being an old fart, and overweight, and being reminded of both at every opportunity.
my son is almost 2 and most services were back to normal so i think you should be ok now! I used to get told I’m underweight so i used to ask what their bmi was🤣usually shuts them up🤣.

i try take the approach that worrying won’t change anything but it doesn’t really help does it☹x

• Heart
I packed so much in my own bag with my first pregnancy. I only ended up using my hairbrush and nighties 😂

It’s worth being prepared. I ended up with an emergency c section and having to stay in a few days. My husband actually had to go home and get us more stuff despite me being quite well prepared already. Baby threw up on everythinggggggg so supplies depleted quickly🤣 I packed into two small cabin sized suitcases, one for me and one for the baby. I figure you won’t regret having too much, it’s not a hardship to wheel it to your bedside (well, it might have been for him, but who cares😆)

Reactions: 6
I had a little wheelie case, baby’s stuff in her changing rucksack and then a bag for life full of snacks 😂 I’m a serious overpacker but ended up actually using most of what I took for myself and Mr Rita had to bring me more stuff as I had to stay in for a week

Reactions: 3
Don't do what I did and take everything you might possibly need in any circumstance... I think we had a small wheelie suitcase, my OHs walking backpack, two bags for life, two pillows, a comforter blanket, a sleeping bag and changing bag. Very awkward to move all of that between the maternity ward and the delivery suite and back again XD

Would recommend the sleeping bag and the pillows though!

I would recommend following Olivia Lactation Consultant on instagram - here is a link to her colostrum harvesting video that she did

she also talks about storage and everything after
Thanks! This post was already super helpful!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.