Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Acid reflux is kicking my ass guys 😢 this is the third night in a row that I've been sick in my sleep from it 😭 coupled with the insane pressure in my head - I feel absolutely dreadful. This is so much worse than the first trimester nausea I had 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Acid reflux is kicking my ass guys 😢 this is the third night in a row that I've been sick in my sleep from it 😭 coupled with the insane pressure in my head - I feel absolutely dreadful. This is so much worse than the first trimester nausea I had 😭
are you on medication? I had to get omeprazole from the GP and it pretty much vanished. I used to be the same with my first it used to choke me in my sleep. Sleep more propped up but the medication worked after the first time and as soon as he was born i never got it again.

Hi all, I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant. First pregnancy, so brand new to all this, however my workplace has still not done a risk assessment for me?! Which I'm assuming is not okay!?

Reactions: 1
Hi all, I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant. First pregnancy, so brand new to all this, however my workplace has still not done a risk assessment for me?! Which I'm assuming is not okay!?
I’m 19 weeks on twins and had to ask my manager to do it last week.. you’re as well of to tell them yourself you want it and if they put it off ask your gp for advice. I personally don’t think we should be allowed work (in some sectors) until it’s done, but I also had an injury at work

Reactions: 1
Today is nursery furniture buying day. Very excited! Hopefully ikea has everything we want 🤞 have any of you bought anything and thought, “yep, that was a good/bad idea”? I’m not getting a changing table, I decided that early on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Question for those colostrum harvesting???

I've just started today, collected 1ml so feeling very happy but unsure how much I should aim for??? Also one boob definitely was doing most of the work for that 1ml!
I have had my baby but still lurk here, I was leaking loads so managed to collect colostrum pretty easy.. I had about 50ml altogether in 3ml and 5ml syringes and my son absolutely demolished them haha I actually wish I had more cos I defo could have collected more but didn’t. If you find it easy to collect i would definitely get as much as you can :) I also started off just being able to collect 1ml in my first few goes but got more as the days went on.
Also don’t worry if you don’t produce any when pregnant, it doesn’t mean that you won’t produce any once baby is here, loads of my friends didn’t get any colostrum when pregnant but breastfed just fine when baby arrived :)

are you on medication? I had to get omeprazole from the GP and it pretty much vanished. I used to be the same with my first it used to choke me in my sleep. Sleep more propped up but the medication worked after the first time and as soon as he was born i never got it again.
No it's only started recently. I'll have to ask my GP. I try to eat my dinner as early as possible but come midnight/1am the reflux starts 😭

Today is nursery furniture buying day. Very excited! Hopefully ikea has everything we want 🤞 have any of you bought anything and thought, “yep, that was a good/bad idea”? I’m not getting a changing table, I decided that early on.
IKEA SUNDVIK (something like that) cot/toddler bed is still in really good condition used for about 4 years and still going strong x
---
No it's only started recently. I'll have to ask my GP. I try to eat my dinner as early as possible but come midnight/1am the reflux starts 😭
yeh changing diet etc never done anything for me, the medication sorted it straight out x

Reactions: 2
My workplace is doing a risk assessment each trimester, more regularly if I feel I need it.
The only issue we had was that I'm the first to be pregnant with my current manager so she wasn't fully aware what to put on, we've just both gone with how I feel.

My boss has just laughed at my apparent “waddle”. From here on out, I’m calling it the pregnancy swagger. 🤨

• Heart
Creasing 😭 we go to an agricultural show every year with the in laws (great bacon sandwiches - that's literally the only reason husband and I go) and a coworker has just told me to stay away from sheep, point blank. Don't go near the sheep!

I Google it... the advice is don't participate in lambing or be near farm animals when they're giving birth. There goes my plans to assist with lambing at an agricultural show 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Creasing 😭 we go to an agricultural show every year with the in laws (great bacon sandwiches - that's literally the only reason husband and I go) and a coworker has just told me to stay away from sheep, point blank. Don't go near the sheep!

I Google it... the advice is don't participate in lambing or be near farm animals when they're giving birth. There goes my plans to assist with lambing at an agricultural show 🥴
Yeah you do need to be a little careful with sheep. However, the Yorkshire shepherdess has a million children and they all seem fine. Still go, but definitely take Antibac spray.

I was joking guys - I have no intentions of lambing, I've never lambed! I thought the sarcasm would show 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

🤣🤣🤣 my mam was herding cattle the day before I was born and I’ve turned out grand 🤣🤣🤣

What type of bag is everyone planning to use as a hospital bag? I can’t remember what I used last time. Tempted to take a little wheelie case with packing cubes (labelled) inside with different bits in.
I'm taking a cabin sized suitcase and a holdall. Took the exact same last time and ended up in for a week 😂 I also put things in large ziplock bags and label them, makes it easier to look for stuff and writing things like 'first outfit' or 'coming home outfit' made my boyfriends life easier.

• Heart
25 weeks now and that first trimester tiredness has come back with a vengeance 😵💫 I'm sleeping fine-ish, but between 2 pm - 5 pm I'm basically unresponsive 😂 do not disturb on, emails ignored etc

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sometimes I regret getting the nursing chair for feeds as it doesn’t get used now, I don’t think we’ve used it for the last 3 or 4 months, stopped as soon as he stopped having night feeds. Though I’m hoping maybe it will become useful again when we finally move him into his own room for a feed and story before bed? Not sure. If that doesn’t work out then it was a waste of money as we got it brand new, and I pestered my husband to get that chair, he didn’t think we needed one. 😂

I really thought it would be a nice thing to have, somewhere to feed baby away from our cats and other distractions but it’s just as easy to do it on the sofa to be honest.

Our changing table was one with drawers and you can remove the top part once they’re too big for it and it’s just a set of drawers then, he’s currently almost at the limit and I’m not looking forward to having to change him on the floor 🥲

Anyone else strugggggling in this heat 🥵 got to get the tube to work tomorrow and absolutely dreading it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.