Pregnancy #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how does anyone do anything outside of the house when *heavily pregnant 😂
We had to leave the garden centre after half hour because it was so hot I felt like I was about to pass out, then even sitting in the car it feels like I’m about to wet myself from the pressure of his head 😭
He also must’ve discovered his legs suddenly because they’re poking out my stomach constantly and it’s actually quite painful 🤣🤣
Think my partner is sick of me already flinching constantly with either my pelvis or stomach but I can’t help it 😅
We just went to b and m for some bits and I ended up having to go back to the car cause I just felt so breathless and twitchy with the kicks 😂. I also can’t really go anywhere for longer than fifteen minutes that doesn’t have a toilet
Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We just went to b and m for some bits and I ended up having to go back to the car cause I just felt so breathless and twitchy with the kicks 😂. I also can’t really go anywhere for longer than fifteen minutes that doesn’t have a toilet
Lmao
Yes the breathlessness as well 😂😂 I honestly feel like I’ve done a half marathon & we were only out for a few hours 🥲

Reactions: 3
how does anyone do anything outside of the house when *heavily pregnant 😂
We had to leave the garden centre after half hour because it was so hot I felt like I was about to pass out, then even sitting in the car it feels like I’m about to wet myself from the pressure of his head 😭
He also must’ve discovered his legs suddenly because they’re poking out my stomach constantly and it’s actually quite painful 🤣🤣
Think my partner is sick of me already flinching constantly with either my pelvis or stomach but I can’t help it 😅
Massive respect to you for going to the garden centre! I have to have a lie down after going down the stairs 😂 I drove to the postbox yesterday which is like .3 miles from my house and came back and napped I was so wiped

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like I'm being made out to be completely unreasonable. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, struggling with PGP and still suffering with sickness and my in laws are coming round tomorrow to help with the nursery decorating. Initially it was just the FIL which was fine because it's a small room and can only really fit 2 people in when decorating. Now the MIL is coming too and for some reason my FIL has said "oh what's for dinner", which means I now have to entertain my MIL whilst the hubby and FIL decorate and it'll be expected that I'm up and down stairs shipping them brews and then cooking up dinner. When ive said something ive been told "well they are doing us a favor".
It's our first child and it seems like we aren't gonna get any time alone to chill before baby arrives with the rate this nursery is taking (honestly the FIL has been doing it at a snails pace to keep coming round, like it was started beginning of february and its still nowhere near finished) and noone seems to realise that me and my hubby need us time before baby arrives too.
I should add that they don't leave quickly either if there is an emergency which is also stressing me out. I had to go to A&E a while back, via the GP and they took over an hour to leave the house so my hubby could join me, so I can see me giving birth of my sofa before they've left if I go into labour 🤦‍♀️.
Really sorry you’ve been made to feel this way. You’ve probably almost come to the end of the day but I’d be making comments like “oh it’s so kind for [MIL] to come round too and help with making dinner/teas as I’m obviously struggling now!” Or get your partner to say something similar.
If it helps to know, you’re not the only one. My FIL was doing our kitchen towards the end of my first pregnancy and on the actual day I went into labour he was fitting an extractor fan. My poor husband kept having to go downstairs to help him then run back upstairs to check on me. In the end, we just went to the hospital and left him to it 😂 I get how difficult it is to be assertive and not want to seek ungrateful, but at the end of the day they’ve offered to help and that shouldn’t be held against you or over you. Don’t let them guilt you into feeling any other way!

I know I'm only just over 8 weeks but the bloat is ridiculous 😭 I feel so uncomfortable in all of my clothes.
It’s awful isn’t it, I’m 10 weeks and feel like my digestive system is so sluggish. Literally got a food baby every day 🤣

It’s awful isn’t it, I’m 10 weeks and feel like my digestive system is so sluggish. Literally got a food baby every day 🤣
It's horrible isn't it? I'm also feeling super dizzy lately. Not sure if it's blood pressure or blood sugar related so I think I'll mention it when I go for my scan. Until this week I hadn't been feeling too bad but it's all hitting me at once now. The fatigue is unreal 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Really sorry you’ve been made to feel this way. You’ve probably almost come to the end of the day but I’d be making comments like “oh it’s so kind for [MIL] to come round too and help with making dinner/teas as I’m obviously struggling now!” Or get your partner to say something similar.
If it helps to know, you’re not the only one. My FIL was doing our kitchen towards the end of my first pregnancy and on the actual day I went into labour he was fitting an extractor fan. My poor husband kept having to go downstairs to help him then run back upstairs to check on me. In the end, we just went to the hospital and left him to it 😂 I get how difficult it is to be assertive and not want to seek ungrateful, but at the end of the day they’ve offered to help and that shouldn’t be held against you or over you. Don’t let them guilt you into feeling any other way!
I have to say that I did put my foot down and not cook tea. Take out was ordered and went down a treat and was much easier to arrange. And the room is finally just finishing touches after a very fed up me said "it's the final day for decorating now because we are having the next few weekends to ourselves". Met with upset but I decided I didn't care 🤦‍♀️ and it meant that it was all done.
I have to say though welldone on coping with labour and having work done and just leaving. I'd be the worst person to say let's just leave the house, mainly because the alarm is set via our phone & they wouldn't leave 🤣

• Heart
It's horrible isn't it? I'm also feeling super dizzy lately. Not sure if it's blood pressure or blood sugar related so I think I'll mention it when I go for my scan. Until this week I hadn't been feeling too bad but it's all hitting me at once now. The fatigue is unreal 😭
Be careful, I haven’t had it in this pregnancy (yet) but with my first I fainted a couple of times pre-12 weeks. It was when I’d been rushing to work usually and had just got off a hot train and into the office so go steady. If it makes you feel better I think I’m coming out the other side at 10 weeks so hopefully it doesn’t last too long for you. The second trimester really is the best 🤣

Reactions: 1
Has anyone any tips to help your legs when they cramp at night? A new development for me in this pregnancy but between this and pelvic girdle pain sleep is getting nigh on impossible 🙃
Not sure this will be helpful but the only thing that stops me getting it or makes it not as bad is getting some steps in the day, nothing adventurous but I find the less I do the worse the cramps are at night. Otherwise I drink some tonic water before bed and stretch them out like others have said but I try and do this before I get in bed. If the stretching isn’t working when I get them then I do stand up and walk around the bedroom and that ease it a little or get my partner to help massage them. I haven’t tried but I hear magnesium tablets help. Hope you get some sleep soon 💖

• Heart
Iv been colustrum harvesting the last couple of weeks. Didn’t get round to doing it yesteday at all…. But woken up and one of my nipples is really swollen and quite painful…. Anyone else had similar experience… could it be because I missed a day

All I’ve done today is eat and sleep. I feel like such a slob, and all I wanna do is nest and tidy :( I’m such a physical person, it’s so hard not being able to move so freely. I have such pressure on my back and in my vag area I’m hoping she’s not far off coming 🤞

• Heart
All I’ve done today is eat and sleep. I feel like such a slob, and all I wanna do is nest and tidy :( I’m such a physical person, it’s so hard not being able to move so freely. I have such pressure on my back and in my vag area I’m hoping she’s not far off coming 🤞
In the same boat as you today, wanted to get some stuff organised but have slept most of the day and the pressure is unreal!

• Heart
In the same boat as you today, wanted to get some stuff organised but have slept most of the day and the pressure is unreal!
In the same boat as you both too - yesterday I had so many plans to get stuff done in the house and instead I was sick and did none of it! Always best to prioritise rest when you need it, and I feel a bit better today for it x

• Heart
Pregnancy related....as such. Those who aren't finding out the gender - how are you decorating the nursery? I am trying to think how to decorate in a way so that once baby is here and we know if were pink or blue, then we can add some finishing girly or boyish touches.

Do I just go all white/beige to make it easier?

In the same boat as you both too - yesterday I had so many plans to get stuff done in the house and instead I was sick and did none of it! Always best to prioritise rest when you need it, and I feel a bit better today for it x
Glad you feel better, I do too and have been very productive (for me haha) this morning so am feeling better and might bake some brownies :)

Pregnancy related....as such. Those who aren't finding out the gender - how are you decorating the nursery? I am trying to think how to decorate in a way so that once baby is here and we know if were pink or blue, then we can add some finishing girly or boyish touches.

My friends who didn’t kept it sort of neutral, they have a wallpaper with moon and stars which is really nice, maybe you could have a theme like that or animals etc then personalise it when they’re here?

• Heart
Glad you feel better, I do too and have been very productive (for me haha) this morning so am feeling better and might bake some brownies :)

My friends who didn’t kept it sort of neutral, they have a wallpaper with moon and stars which is really nice, maybe you could have a theme like that or animals etc then personalise it when they’re here?
Thanks you :) I was thinking something like that, we had clouds for our daughter, spent so much time getting it lovely and then obviously they stay in with you for the first so many months, she literally slept in her own room for about 2 weeks and then we moved house! :LOL: Such a waste. I am tempted to re-create the same room for this bump.
I like the look of a jungle type theme too...but I'm not sure if it feels a bit 'boyish'.

We havnt gone for a theme at all….. tbh is white walls and have put up a few prints! Still need to put up book shelves and bits 🥴 not leaving it till the last minute or anything (section booked for Friday)

I’m really worried as I’ve just started spotting. No pain or anything with it. I called the midwife who referred me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and they said if it gets very heavy or I have pain to call them back and they will book me in for a scan. If it settles down then I’ve to do a pregnancy test in a week and call them back and they will get me in for a scan. It’s my first pregnancy and I’m only 7 weeks pregnant on Wednesday so I’m very worried. Can this be normal?

• Heart
We havnt gone for a theme at all….. tbh is white walls and have put up a few prints! Still need to put up book shelves and bits 🥴 not leaving it till the last minute or anything (section booked for Friday)
Oh wow, ok.... good luck for Friday, hope all goes well :) So exciting!
I'm 25 weeks so a while to wait yet, lots of time to get things sorted etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.