Pregnancy #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really worried as I’ve just started spotting. No pain or anything with it. I called the midwife who referred me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and they said if it gets very heavy or I have pain to call them back and they will book me in for a scan. If it settles down then I’ve to do a pregnancy test in a week and call them back and they will get me in for a scan. It’s my first pregnancy and I’m only 7 weeks pregnant on Wednesday so I’m very worried. Can this be normal?
I don’t want to give you any false hope but I do want to say honestly I know a few women this has happened to and their pregnancies have been fine and their babies are now primary aged kids ❤

Obviously I am not a medical professional and even if I was I’d say get checked but you’re doing that anyway. Try not to panic, it’s normal in early pregnancy.

Reactions: 2
I’m really worried as I’ve just started spotting. No pain or anything with it. I called the midwife who referred me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and they said if it gets very heavy or I have pain to call them back and they will book me in for a scan. If it settles down then I’ve to do a pregnancy test in a week and call them back and they will get me in for a scan. It’s my first pregnancy and I’m only 7 weeks pregnant on Wednesday so I’m very worried. Can this be normal?
if you go back a few pages, I commented in reply to someone else it was happening to that I've had it with all 4 of my pregnancies between 4 and 8 weeks and spotting is listed as a symptom for the whole of the first trimester on the nhs website.
So it can be very normal.
I had a scan with one of mine and it was confirmed that it was leftover blood from implantation and with the fetus burying deeper into the lining.

Thankyou both.
I’m trying to stay positive. We have been trying for this baby for seven years and we just want it so badly.
@WhatABore How long did your spotting last if you don’t mind me asking?

Thankyou both.
I’m trying to stay positive. We have been trying for this baby for seven years and we just want it so badly.
@WhatABore How long did your spotting last if you don’t mind me asking?
It was different with each pregnancy. With my first and second pregnancy it was only a week but with my third pregnancy, who I had the scan with, I spotted from weeks 4 to 8 on and off constantly.
4th pregnancy was only a few days around week 6/7

It was different with each pregnancy. With my first and second pregnancy it was only a week but with my third pregnancy, who I had the scan with, I spotted from weeks 4 to 8 on and off constantly.
4th pregnancy was only a few days around week 6/7
Thank you for this!

Thank you for this!
I will add that one did end in a miscarriage however, that was weeks after the bleeding stopped and completely unrelated to the bleeding that happened. As the mc was nearly 5 weeks later!
But the other 3 were perfectly healthy pregnancies 😊
So not related at all but wanted to ad dit incase you see my posts about 3 kids 😊

I'm currently going through exactly the same. I had spotting for 5-6 days with the last bit being bright red. I'm going for a scan tomorrow so fingers crossed everything will be okay. I'm almost 9 weeks and still having dizziness and nausea. I'd say if you are really worried to ask for a scan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm currently going through exactly the same. I had spotting for 5-6 days with the last bit being bright red. I'm going for a scan tomorrow so fingers crossed everything will be okay. I'm almost 9 weeks and still having dizziness and nausea. I'd say if you are really worried to ask for a scan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you ❤
Thank you! Yes I remember your posts! Is it gone now? I called back and I got booked in for Wednesday afternoon. The midwife said if I get pain, or the spotting gets worse to call right back.
also please let me know how you get on tomorrow!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Thank you! Yes I remember your posts! Is it gone now? I called back and I got booked in for Wednesday afternoon. The midwife said if I get pain, or the spotting gets worse to call right back.
also please let me know how you get on tomorrow!
Yes luckily the spotting stopped over the weekend so keeping my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. Glad you have managed to book in. Hopefully it's just a normal part of pregnancy but I'd never heard it spoken about before so it is a worry. Let me know how you get on ❤

• Heart
Yes luckily the spotting stopped over the weekend so keeping my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. Glad you have managed to book in. Hopefully it's just a normal part of pregnancy but I'd never heard it spoken about before so it is a worry. Let me know how you get on ❤
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you too! My friend had this whilst pregnant and her son was fine. I’m hoping and praying this is the case for us too.

• Heart
Pregnancy related....as such. Those who aren't finding out the gender - how are you decorating the nursery? I am trying to think how to decorate in a way so that once baby is here and we know if were pink or blue, then we can add some finishing girly or boyish touches.

Do I just go all white/beige to make it easier?
We know we're having a boy but I still wanted a fairly neutral room with light colours as it's a small space - we've gone for yellow walls with light grey carpet, and pale yellow curtains in a giraffe print, then white furniture. It looks lovely and fresh, and could easily be turned into more of 'typical' boy or girl room with accessories 🙂

To the ladies with spotting - I really hope your scans go well and that everything is fine 🙂 as people have said, spotting can be a really normal symptom in early pregnancy but I know how anxious it can make you - I hope your scans give you the reassurance you need ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes I had it at around the same time as you, it doesn’t make it any less scary but it’s really common. My friends who have had kids all had it as well at different times during the 1st trimester so it is fairly common easier said than done but try not to worry

• Heart
What has everyone done/ planning in terms of telling people if you’ve gone into labour? My husband wants to tell his mum when I do but I’m not sure, we will have to tell my mum as she’ll come and sort our dogs out, husband thinks I’m being very strict and saying no to everything though so might just have to let him have this one 😂 It’s just because that I don’t want her to keep messaging him for updates
---
I only mean family btw as definitely don’t plan on letting friends know ( personally anyway)!

What has everyone done/ planning in terms of telling people if you’ve gone into labour? My husband wants to tell his mum when I do but I’m not sure, we will have to tell my mum as she’ll come and sort our dogs out, husband thinks I’m being very strict and saying no to everything though so might just have to let him have this one 😂 It’s just because that I don’t want her to keep messaging him for updates
---
I only mean family btw as definitely don’t plan on letting friends know ( personally anyway)!
We’re currently living with my parents so if they’re home (currently on holiday) will tell them that we’re leaving. But other than that no one 😂 I want to be left alone & just act as normal until I know he’s here safely

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think I feel the same I also think if I’m in labour a really long time and then have to have an EMCS is it just unnecessary stress for him to have to keep them updated. I tried to say that he will be too preoccupied to be messaging anyway so there is no point 😅
I’ll probably just let him decide what he thinks best on this one though, I’ve already been the one to say I don’t want visitors within the first week and also definitely not to the hospital which didn’t impress MIL 🙃

Reactions: 3
---
My mum is my birth partner so obvs my parents, my husband can deal with his side. Not sure about my sister, my mum might tell her but I’ve got two close friends I speak to pretty much daily so will tell them. Other than that probs nobody!

• Heart
---
I think it depends on how pushy your family is tbh! We told both sides as I was going in to be induced, but ended up going into labour naturally while I was on the ward waiting to be induced. My partner updated my family and his family every now and again, but I didn’t touch my phone at all (probably because I went from nothing to contractions every 3 minutes so couldn’t concentrate even if I wanted to) but no one harassed him for updates and it was very much on his terms that he kept them updated which they all respected. I’d happily tell them this time too, but I guess it depends on how forceful they’ll be and how willing your OH is to set the boundaries!

• Heart
---
We have decided to let my sister know so my hubby has someone to support him if needed. Other than that I've said I want noone to know because both our mothers have big mouths and would tell everyone and our only plan for birth is that it's as calm as possible with no phones. We don't want to have to update anyone whilst in labour.
We've also stopped people seeing when we are online on WhatsApp to make it less obvious we are busy too because we found out that my MIL comments about what time we are online (normal for me to be up at 3am anyways I work nights) and she'd comment on it if we hadn't been online for a while.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.