Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cjh78

Chatty Member
Early pregnancy bloating….
Can anyone relate? I’m six weeks and the past 2 days I’ve been so bloated (and a bit windy!) what’s going on?
The bloat is also causing pains, which is now scaring me that it could be ectopic related pains! So much anxiety right now!

Borntorun

VIP Member
Does anyone have any experience with either the Nuna leaf or maxi cosi cassia?
Love the fact that the Nuna is suitable upto 60kgs but it seems pricey when you consider that it isn’t motorised like the maxi cosi is.
I had a nuna leaf 🙃 what did you want to know?

Ro98

VIP Member
@WhatABore did you find anything helped with your dizziness in your 2nd preg? And did you manage to have a natural Labour?

I felt dizzy for about 2 hours last night, couldn’t even manage to eat my dinner & got myself so worked up about how will I give birth when I can’t lay flat for a c section but can’t sit up or stand for a natural one.
Pointless worrying I know but I’m so upset at not even being able to leave the flat by myself or eat a meal without getting dizzy! 🙆🏼‍♀️

Koalabear

Has anyone on here suffered pregnancy eczema just on 1 areola?
It’s been 4 months now and some days I just cry with the pain & thought of it affecting my chance at breastfeeding.
I have yet another doctors appointment tomorrow and going to push for swabs / biopsy now as I’m now worried it’s something more as none of the creams are working.
I’ve tried absolutely everything, it’ll crust over & some *parts will heal then a day or 2 later it’s all red raw again 😭
Not the same but when I had cracked nipples the Jelonet stuff was a miracle. It's a gauze meant for burns so it's treated with something and it doesn't stick. You can get them in pharmacies or on Amazon.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Quick FYI and in my experience, they don’t allow you to eat on the hormone drip, so eat! I was not told this (with baby 3) until they gave me the drip and I had ordered lunch 😂
Yeah in my experience also I was NBM the second I was put on the hormone drip, so I'd have some food if you can manage to, right up until they hook you up!

WhatABore

VIP Member
Planned to start at 30 weeks (due to the dizziness) so will see what the doctor says tomorrow.
It says online that you only need to work up until 15 weeks before the due date to get full SMP so would’ve been 8th jan, just need to confirm with someone maybe HMRC? But I think that’s right 🤯
Yeah that's because you can take mat leave from 29 weeks.
So it'd be 4 weeks before that as your pay is based on your last 4 weeks 😊

So for you, if you're taking it at 30 weeks, it would be based on weeks 26-30.

But if you go on sick leave and not mat leave up to 30 weeks, then your mat pay will be based on your sick pay

OMG slightly off topic but I asked a pregnancy-related question on mums net earlier (never really looked at the website before) WOW people are brutal on there! I can't believe anyone complains about Tattle lol. Do people just lurk there for the sole purpose of being nasty?! I'm so confused why anyone would dare to ask a question there anymore unless they are in the mood for an argument 😫
Feel free to ask here instead 😂

calmyourritas

VIP Member
It's probably been covered a millions times but at what point should I worry about reduced moments.
I've woken up with a really bad cough and my asthma feels like its flared up and sat realised I haven't felt baby properly since I went to bed last night.
Normally she's kicking up a storm all morning until I start my day.
Trying not to panic coz I feel under the weather but it's my first baby and this uncertainty is so unnerving
Please ring

wellingtonboots

I haven’t but my friend did (one of those really shitty can’t shift colds & coughs) and she said weirdly it didn’t bother her at all during Labour 😅 The only part she found hard was breathing through her mouth only due to the blocked nose
Ah ok thank you! That’s what I was thinking, how am I going to breathe :D
Thanks!

strawberrypineapple

Has anybody had weird little twinges/shooting that’s not really painful but just THERE in their vagina in first tri and everything was fine? I’m 8 weeks and it’s really bothering me as I have had 2 mc and one started with vaginal pain (it was much more severe though I’m sure). Had a scan at 6weeks and got one on Tuesday but Tuesday feels so far away when I’m so filled with anxiety about everything!

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Yep - I've asked repeatedly and she keeps saying she's done it but I'm not getting an email. I've had them emailed straight through in the past and there's nothing wrong with my email/it's not in junk. I think mine must be either just not doing it or doing it wrong 🤷‍♀️
Can you go via your GP instead? That’s the route I went and it was done very quickly.

fairylights2000

VIP Member
Anyone suffer with bad back ache? It almost feels like period pain but just in my lower back and radiating to the sides. I couldn’t even turn over in bed last night it was so bad! Felt baby wriggle today and I’m almost 20 weeks.
My back got really sore towards the end of my pregnancy, I invested in an electric heating pad and foam wedge for the sofa to help me sit properly (I slouch a lot) and it really helped. I still use the wedge now, it's not very ~aesthetic but it's worth it!

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Carry on… here

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Has the fatigue returned in the third trimester for anyone else? I went swimming and swear it wiped me out for two days. I get up, have breakfast then need a nap 😩

shhh1712

VIP Member
Thank you I did see that there was a few different options but I didn’t look into them all only the one with the spinny base 😂 do they all come with that?! We were looking at the maxi cosi 360 but the base and car seat are like £450 just for the two so think a bundle will be better value (still v expensive)!

Gossipgirl79

Ladies, can anyone help? We are going away in March and I will need a few dresses to wear around the pool/beach etc. and some bits for the evening too. I’ll be 24 weeks at that point. Can anyone recommend where I can get decent maternity wear that won’t cost an arm and a leg?! 🤣
Depop! Most maternity stuff has only been worn once or twice, got some fab Club L Maternity stuff that should have been £50+ for less than £30.