Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone breastfed for first few weeks then exclusively pumped? Sorry if I’ve asked before.

I was looking to rent the medela hospital grade pump from their website for the first 45days (if needed that long?) might just need the first 15? Then move onto the manual pump?

If baby (and me) take to BF I may also BF 2/3 times during the day & once at night then my partner can do the rest with expressed milk?

It feels impossible to know what to have as back up. I only have 2 mam bottles & a friend is going to give us a box of other brands as back up.
I know baby might not take to BF/I might not want to when the time comes & so many other ‘what ifs’. Also may be naive being a FTM so any guidance is appreciated 🤣
I have a midwife appointment next week so will ask her what she thinks too.
*ETA- we covered BF in a course we did but not pumping so it’s a bit confusing
I could never get more than a few mls pumping so can't help there! But we have a local charity who were really supportive and helpful/non judgemental that run groups and have peer supporters etc. I found the midwives (generally) unhelpful unfortunately in hospital with my first and I'm sure their advice must be either outdated or just plain wrong half the time 🤪 😬

This is a great resource online https://www.laleche.org.uk if you've not seen it before x

Reactions: 1
Carry on… here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.