Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
after none since friday I was having some more today so have called the midwives and they've said they're not concerned unless it becomes more than just spotting because it can be normal.
really hope it goes away soon, I've been so upset today and so scared something will go wrong. and is it weird to feel like I've deflated? I don't feel as big as I was a few days ago :(
I was going to make a proper start on a checklist of things to buy and obviously I'm terrified to deal with it now :(
Is it red or still pink?

Not feeling as big as you did before will be in your head or just simply that bloat ect can change day to day.
Either way, if something were to have happened (which I'm sure it hasn't) baby and everything would still be there, same as it was before, it won't just disappear 😊❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it red or still pink?

Not feeling as big as you did before will be in your head or just simply that bloat ect can change day to day.
Either way, if something were to have happened (which I'm sure it hasn't) baby and everything would still be there, same as it was before, it won't just disappear 😊❤
it had always been pink but I had a little bit of red earlier :(

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can I just ask what you all ate at the beginning of pregnancy? I have a lot of nausea and all I'm really eating is toast - I definitely think eating little and often is the best thing for me currently so looking for some ideas to mix it up a bit x

Reactions: 1
Can I just ask what you all ate at the beginning of pregnancy? I have a lot of nausea and all I'm really eating is toast - I definitely think eating little and often is the best thing for me currently so looking for some ideas to mix it up a bit x
Honestly, anything beige.. chips, crisps, anything sour or fizzy, LOTS of ice lollies and satsumas.. anything else had me feeling violently ill x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Icepops, dry crackers, salted crisps, dry toast was about all I managed during early pregnancy. To be honest, I'd go with whatever you can stomach and don't worry about the quality of what you're eating. Anything that's easy on your stomach and seems appetizing at the time. It's about survival at that stage 😂

• Heart
I had hyperemesis which thankfully eased the further I got (I still take meds now I’m 36 weeks) and honestly don’t worry. I lived off cans of coke and white toast. Some days nothing at all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Heinz Pasta shapes, Chicago town micro pizzas, ramen/noodles, sometimes I’d put like a small portion of fruit on a plate with a little cheese, some crackers and I felt like because there wasn’t loads of food it was easier to eat 🤗 I was basically a toddler for a while!

• Heart
I am in the first trimester too and it depends how well I’m feeling but anything beige and carbs. Mash potato and gravy is a life saver and plain chips with some salt. If you can stomach anything with ginger that helps a lot

• Heart
Reactions: 2
toast, crumpets, ice lollies and not much else 🙃 with a few small glasses of lucozade throughout the day! Just get whatever you can down you to survive x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Beige, I actually gained tons of weight but that’s because I just felt so much relief when I ate. Had tons of toast, plain chips, plain sandwiches, managed to eat out and have fish and chips etc when on holiday but had to be in the mood. I just focused on getting enough calories to not be exhausted as I really suffered (and still am at 15 weeks) with exhaustion.

• Heart
My sister bought me a ‘sleepy head deluxe’ I honestly had no idea what it is and I’ve been reading stuff about it for the last hour. Some say it’s really great and others say it’s bad! Have any of you used one before? x

12 weeks tomorrow and on/off today been having sudden ache/shooting pain really low on my right side - close to the thigh area but still on the front if you get what I mean (my brain has lost its ability to describe anything).
Guessing it’s all still ligament and everything stretching?
It’s weird how no one ever tells you these things and I’m the first out of my friends to have achild So really feel like this forum provides all the support & knowledge when it’s not bad enough to contact professionals 😅 x

Agree with everyone else saying absolutely anything you can stomach. Toast, crumpets, crisps, dry crackers with cheese, cucumber chunks & beans up until week 11 is what I lived on! And just this week apples & bananas have been added to the list x

• Heart
my first trimester was toast, lurpak on crackers, cheese on crackers for a bit, chicken instant noodles with a bit of peanut butter mixed in, and ice lollies when it was hot (still have a box left but I can't face them now!). Like others have said, beige! I would also have dinner with my husband but only have half and then save the rest for a pre-bed or midnight snack, things with rice were great (like thai green curry or chilli) but with half the sauce I'd usually have so it was a bit more bland.

Hope it eases off soon

• Heart
My sister bought me a ‘sleepy head deluxe’ I honestly had no idea what it is and I’ve been reading stuff about it for the last hour. Some say it’s really great and others say it’s bad! Have any of you used one before? x
The lullaby trust don’t recommend them because they don’t meet safe sleeping guidelines. Babies like them because they feel more enclosed but they aren’t risk free. I used one briefly with my son for short supervised day naps but I won’t be using one for this baby. My plan is to use the sling and baby wear a lot so hopefully he will sleep in that anyway if not the Moses basket.

Something awful may be happening…. I might have a chocolate allergy?! I know a woman this happened to and she never got rid of it after pregnancy 😭 the last 4/5 days after I eat chocolate I start to get really bad headaches, borderline migraine. I’m going to not have chocolate for a few days and pray it’s hormones or a covid hang up. I love chocolate so would be gutted if this was happening. Has anyone had the same?

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Sensitive question but has anyone had to tell friends who have fertility challenges their news? I have one friend in a same sex relationship trying - been trying for two years). And a friend who has miscarried a couple Of times on her second. I feel like tit at the idea of telling them. Theyre not friends I see very often but we chat over social media now and again… I feel like I’m keeping something from them but also can’t bring myself to tell them because I know the pain they are in.

• Heart
Sensitive question but has anyone had to tell friends who have fertility challenges their news? I have one friend in a same sex relationship trying - been trying for two years). And a friend who has miscarried a couple Of times on her second. I feel like tit at the idea of telling them. Theyre not friends I see very often but we chat over social media now and again… I feel like I’m keeping something from them but also can’t bring myself to tell them because I know the pain they are in.
Yes I had this! I had to thread carefully. I text rather than said it to her face. That was the advice I got here. I haven’t heard much from her since and she has cancelled every plan we made to meet up. I understand her upset but feel like I might not see her again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had one for my son 5 years ago, as did most of my friends. They are not recommended now, apart from day time use. It was ok but my son got dependant on it so when he outgrew it at about 4 months we had to ‘retrain’ him to sleep without it. You’ll be fine if you use it like a playmat, day time comfy place etc.

Can’t get comfy at all even with x amount of pillows cos of the pressure down there! I feel like every time I stand up he might fall out 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.