Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thankyou all so much for your lovely replies. This thread is honestly the kindest place. It really does help just knowing what I’m feeling is normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was walking around sainsburys and started getting a sharp pain sort of above my groin area. It’s not massively painful and think it’s round ligament pain. I’ve had it for 20 mins or so, did what I shouldn’t have and googled, now assume something is wrong because it’s been going on for 20 mins. I’m gonna try some stretches and if it doesn’t go ring the midwife, but just wondering how long anyone here has had round ligament pain for? I’m 15 weeks so timing is about right for it I think.

I was walking around sainsburys and started getting a sharp pain sort of above my groin area. It’s not massively painful and think it’s round ligament pain. I’ve had it for 20 mins or so, did what I shouldn’t have and googled, now assume something is wrong because it’s been going on for 20 mins. I’m gonna try some stretches and if it doesn’t go ring the midwife, but just wondering how long anyone here has had round ligament pain for? I’m 15 weeks so timing is about right for it I think.
Mine started around 15 weeks and it was agony. Mine seemed to go on for days at a time.. I spoke to the midwives and they said it was totally normal x

Reactions: 1
Mine started around 15 weeks and it was agony. Mine seemed to go on for days at a time.. I spoke to the midwives and they said it was totally normal x
Thanks, it seems to be getting a little better although is still there. Clearly I shouldn’t google because everything was saying “if it lasts more than a few mins ring your midwife asap” xx

Thanks, it seems to be getting a little better although is still there. Clearly I shouldn’t google because everything was saying “if it lasts more than a few mins ring your midwife asap” xx
If it puts your mind at ease then do give them a call to be sure... I'm a worrier and google everything which is not at all helpful 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
How are you doing @anything at all ?
I hadn’t had any more sort of spotting since I posted last night so I do feel a bit better about it. Thank you for the replies x

Had to visit my sister in law today so been out all day and it’s kept me distracted from thinking about it. Just hoping everything is okay.

I almost want to contact my local midwives on Monday and just let them know how I’m feeling, mostly worried about not feeling any flutters/sorts of movement still but I’m not sure they will be of any help. I probably just need to try harder to relax and be patient. At times I think I’m just being silly but it’s just so hard to imagine everything going right after so long of infertility :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hadn’t had any more sort of spotting since I posted last night so I do feel a bit better about it. Thank you for the replies x

Had to visit my sister in law today so been out all day and it’s kept me distracted from thinking about it. Just hoping everything is okay.

I almost want to contact my local midwives on Monday and just let them know how I’m feeling, mostly worried about not feeling any flutters/sorts of movement still but I’m not sure they will be of any help. I probably just need to try harder to relax and be patient. At times I think I’m just being silly but it’s just so hard to imagine everything going right after so long of infertility :(
If this is your first it might be really hard to spot the initial flutters, you can easily confuse them with other funny feelings the body creates. But instead of stressing yourself maybe just work on accepting that it will come eventually as baby grows. Plus everyone I think has different triggers for when their baby might move about, for example I know everyone says cold/fizzy drinks makes baby move but for some reason both of mine have been little nutters when I have a cup of tea. At the moment I just feel a couple of thunk-thunk feelings (initially it was a swirling/swishing feeling), but tbh it’d be easy to confuse them with digestive sensations too. Try and err on the positive; if you can get an extra scan maybe it’s worth the investment to set your mind at ease but please remember 21 weeks is still early days for feeling baby move.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I won’t moan too much as I’m on holiday but when I booked an all inclusive I didn’t really factor in how anxious I would feel about eating here 😐 I don’t eat meat anyway but last night (our first night) at the buffet I barely ate anything because I was so worried about food poisoning or picking up some weird bug from the veg. And the water! We’re in Malta so the water out of the taps isn’t drinkable and there’s water refill stations everywhere but then is that water and the stuff that comes out of the post mix machines and the ice they use safe? 😩 and everything tastes just a bit off which I think is just a pregnancy thing but is also throwing me. I’m someone who’s pretty chilled about things but it’s really hard to rationalise this.

Reactions: 4
I won’t moan too much as I’m on holiday but when I booked an all inclusive I didn’t really factor in how anxious I would feel about eating here 😐 I don’t eat meat anyway but last night (our first night) at the buffet I barely ate anything because I was so worried about food poisoning or picking up some weird bug from the veg. And the water! We’re in Malta so the water out of the taps isn’t drinkable and there’s water refill stations everywhere but then is that water and the stuff that comes out of the post mix machines and the ice they use safe? 😩 and everything tastes just a bit off which I think is just a pregnancy thing but is also throwing me. I’m someone who’s pretty chilled about things but it’s really hard to rationalise this.
I went to Portugal at 24 weeks and was the exact same the whole time 😩 really couldn’t enjoy any of the food and survived mainly on bread, chips, Ice cream, crisps ☹ I really struggled to enjoy myself being abroad pregnant, felt really vulnerable and home sick the whole time! I normally love my holidays as well, if I were you I’d just try to stick to whatever you feel comfortable eating and try to relax and enjoy yourself where you can!

Reactions: 4
after none since friday I was having some more today so have called the midwives and they've said they're not concerned unless it becomes more than just spotting because it can be normal.
really hope it goes away soon, I've been so upset today and so scared something will go wrong. and is it weird to feel like I've deflated? I don't feel as big as I was a few days ago :(
I was going to make a proper start on a checklist of things to buy and obviously I'm terrified to deal with it now :(

• Heart
Reactions: 11
after none since friday I was having some more today so have called the midwives and they've said they're not concerned unless it becomes more than just spotting because it can be normal.
really hope it goes away soon, I've been so upset today and so scared something will go wrong. and is it weird to feel like I've deflated? I don't feel as big as I was a few days ago :(
I was going to make a proper start on a checklist of things to buy and obviously I'm terrified to deal with it now :(
I feel you anything at all, the stress and anxiety bleeding and spotting causes us is not good. How far along are you? I've had 3 big bleeds in the last month and I'm 20+4 today, I've actually just got out of hospital this afternoon as had another one and it's horrible it's making me so stressed and unwell but the big but is baby is fine in there. Please don't feel bad if you need to ring back for more reassurance or to get seen, the doctor said she'd rather I went and got reassured everything is fine than sit and home worrying.

Keep talking to us too... We are in this together ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I feel you anything at all, the stress and anxiety bleeding and spotting causes us is not good. How far along are you? I've had 3 big bleeds in the last month and I'm 20+4 today, I've actually just got out of hospital this afternoon as had another one and it's horrible it's making me so stressed and unwell but the big but is baby is fine in there. Please don't feel bad if you need to ring back for more reassurance or to get seen, the doctor said she'd rather I went and got reassured everything is fine than sit and home worrying.

Keep talking to us too... We are in this together ❤
thank you ❤
glad everything is okay with you, that must be so scary :(

21+1 now, I just want to be able to feel excited about everything but its got me so worried :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.