Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had an online relaxation class via teams with my community midwife. It was so lovely to see other pregnant women and have a chat about how things are going. We had a chat about doing pelvic floor exercises, then just a general chat to find out how we all were, we then did the relaxation and breathing. Just before we finished we had a little quiz about our eating habits. The class is going to continue every Thursday until baby girl is here so I’m really excited for next week already! Makes you realise how we took things for granted pre covid. One of the girls on there is being induced on Monday and said she will pop on next week with her baby, the rest of us are due next month or May. I’m 29 weeks now and it really feels like the countdown is on 😁
Aw that is lovely, so good that your area are doing this!

My team at work are doing a ‘compulsory’ social in a few weeks (it’s during work hours so I can’t pretend I have plans and in any case - I don’t ever have plans anyway these days) it’s an online wine tasting 😑 it really annoys me when they do this, even when I wasn’t pregnant I wouldn’t necessarily be up for drinking wine at 4pm at home by myself...I also haven’t told anyone at work yet but I also cba to sit there and pretend to drink!

Reactions: 6
Holy moly, I’m having a big whack of braxton hicks 😬😬😬 (my husband calls them branston pickles 🙄) So blooming uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Aw that is lovely, so good that your area are doing this!

My team at work are doing a ‘compulsory’ social in a few weeks (it’s during work hours so I can’t pretend I have plans and in any case - I don’t ever have plans anyway these days) it’s an online wine tasting 😑 it really annoys me when they do this, even when I wasn’t pregnant I wouldn’t necessarily be up for drinking wine at 4pm at home by myself...I also haven’t told anyone at work yet but I also cba to sit there and pretend to drink!
Welcome to the club I had to do a vertual pub crawl and I hates it at 7 o clock at night and I had to wear fancy dress I was not enjoying it 😐 I just wanted to put my pyjamas on. I had to sit and pretend and it just irritated me non alcoholic gin is kind of nice though and nosecco x

Reactions: 6
Welcome to the club I had to do a vertual pub crawl and I hates it at 7 o clock at night and I had to wear fancy dress I was not enjoying it 😐 I just wanted to put my pyjamas on. I had to sit and pretend and it just irritated me non alcoholic gin is kind of nice though and nosecco x
Omg fancy dress! 😬 I’d be soo unimpressed haha. I mean it’s nice that they’re doing social stuff to keep team morale up but don’t understand why it can’t be something more inclusive...can’t just be me surely. my husband works in the public sector and said there’s no way they’d get away with doing that at his work!

Reactions: 3
Omg fancy dress! 😬 I’d be soo unimpressed haha. I mean it’s nice that they’re doing social stuff to keep team morale up but don’t understand why it can’t be something more inclusive...can’t just be me surely. my husband works in the public sector and said there’s no way they’d get away with doing that at his work!
It’s not even that I just don’t want to do it full stop like I am sick of my laptop after working all day to then have to log back on to go on zoom 😐 next time I’m going to just say no I ended up telling my manager because I am sick of having to pretend to drink etc then she won’t make a deal out of it I don’t want to have to tell the rest of the team yet x

So glad my mum will just let accept whatever I do as she told me my nan was very overbearing when I was born and it really upset her. Although my mum thinks 4d scans were really weird and look like aliens and my dad thinks finding out the gender is ruining the surprise! He also told me not to buy loads of tit I don’t need... which is hilarious because he is king of buying pointless things giant magnet anyone?
Had to reply to this because my dad also bought a giant magnet in lockdown 😂 is that just a dad thing to do?? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So i just got my first scan letter. Its not for another 3 weeks! Ill be 13+5. Seems like ages away but at least baby should be a good size and i think id like to book a private scan at 16 or 17 weeks, so wont be long to wait for that one😁

Also, i looked up nct classes last night as my friend was recommending them. I know i talked about them on here before and wasnt convinced. Turns out the classes take place over 17 hours across 4 sessions. First 2 are 10-4, third session is on breastfeeding and fourth session is a meet up once babies are born. I like to book it, but was hoping to after my 12 week scan. May see if i can provisionally hold a place. Maybe.. Sounds like it would be useful and then also some of the free baby workshops you lovely ladies have recommended.
Ill basically take all the help and knowledge 😊

Reactions: 8
So i just got my first scan letter. Its not for another 3 weeks! Ill be 13+5. Seems like ages away but at least baby should be a good size and i think id like to book a private scan at 16 or 17 weeks, so wont be long to wait for that one😁

Also, i looked up nct classes last night as my friend was recommending them. I know i talked about them on here before and wasnt convinced. Turns out the classes take place over 17 hours across 4 sessions. First 2 are 10-4, third session is on breastfeeding and fourth session is a meet up once babies are born. I like to book it, but was hoping to after my 12 week scan. May see if i can provisionally hold a place. Maybe.. Sounds like it would be useful and then also some of the free baby workshops you lovely ladies have recommended.
Ill basically take all the help and knowledge
I booked mine well after 13 weeks, probably nearer 20. Everyone in my class was 30+ weeks by the time the classes started. Worth doing in 3rd trimester so it’s fresh!

Reactions: 1
I booked mine well after 13 weeks, probably nearer 20. Everyone in my class was 30+ weeks by the time the classes started. Worth doing in 3rd trimester so it’s fresh!
Yeah the classes id be looking at doing would be end of aug and im due end of sept 😊 super close to where we live, id be gutted if they booked up.

Reactions: 2
My scan isn’t until the end of this month too, I’ll be 13 weeks! We’ve got a private one next week, this first stage feels so long and dragged out doesn’t it! Just want to see the baby and be reassured that everything is ok

My scan isn’t until the end of this month too, I’ll be 13 weeks! We’ve got a private one next week, this first stage feels so long and dragged out doesn’t it! Just want to see the baby and be reassured that everything is ok
Have you had a scan yet or will your 13 wek be your first? I had a scan around 8 weeks and it was super reassuring.

On a side note, i was waiting for my 12 week scan to tell people, but now have to wait almost 2 more weeks 😭 (first world problems) 😬

Just curious for those of you working...when did you get your risk assement done?
Work have known I've been pregnant since I was 7 weeks (was subsequently signed off for 8 weeks) been back since then and I'm now 20 weeks. I work in a fairly manual job where I'm expected to lift and also get on the back of tankers to sample.
I work in a lab and have identified chemicals not safe to touch myself. I pointed out I would no longer be doing these things and asked when I could be risk assessed. They seem to really be dragging their feet with doing one 🙄
Does anyone know if it has to be completed by a certain week? Can't find much online!

Just curious for those of you working...when did you get your risk assement done?
Work have known I've been pregnant since I was 7 weeks (was subsequently signed off for 8 weeks) been back since then and I'm now 20 weeks. I work in a fairly manual job where I'm expected to lift and also get on the back of tankers to sample.
I work in a lab and have identified chemicals not safe to touch myself. I pointed out I would no longer be doing these things and asked when I could be risk assessed. They seem to really be dragging their feet with doing one 🙄
Does anyone know if it has to be completed by a certain week? Can't find much online!
I don’t know if it has to be done by a certain point but I told my manager at 4 weeks and she did the risk assessment straightaway. I told them so early because like you my job is quite physical. Lots of lifting and ladders. Also dealing with volatile customers at times. That kind of thing was always left to me as I’m ‘the young one’ so I made it known immediately that I was pregnant and I wasn’t going to do it anymore. My risk assessment reflected that plus covid risks as well. Don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with, put you and baby first.

I don’t know if it has to be done by a certain point but I told my manager at 4 weeks and she did the risk assessment straightaway. I told them so early because like you my job is quite physical. Lots of lifting and ladders. Also dealing with volatile customers at times. That kind of thing was always left to me as I’m ‘the young one’ so I made it known immediately that I was pregnant and I wasn’t going to do it anymore. My risk assessment reflected that plus covid risks as well. Don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with, put you and baby first.
I just think they are totally clueless, doesn't help I'm the first woman in 30 years to be pregnant on production side of the business 🙃 to be fair my colleagues have been great with me and doing things I'm not comfortable doing but it was from a legal standing 🙄 useless honestly. (And this is one of Scotlands leading brands in the industry...you'd think they would be a bit more clued up)

Last edited:
Have you had a scan yet or will your 13 wek be your first? I had a scan around 8 weeks and it was super reassuring.

On a side note, i was waiting for my 12 week scan to tell people, but now have to wait almost 2 more weeks 😭 (first world problems) 😬
The private one next week will be our first one! We originally had it booked for 7 weeks but pushed it back a bit to 10 weeks. This was mainly because we want to tell our parents on Mother’s Day and so wanted to check everything’s ok before we do that.

So excited for it though, really counting down the days now. Once we’ve had it I’m hoping I’ll feel more relaxed.

That’s how I’m going to be after my private one too! We’re going to tell our parents but not the rest of our families, friends until the official 12 week hospital one. Just need to swear our mums to secrecy until then as I know my mum will be dying to tell people 😂

Reactions: 4
My risk assessment wasn't done until I put in at 24 weeks for my maternity leave

I just think they are totally clueless, doesn't help I'm the first woman in 30 years to be pregnant on production side of the business 🙃 to be fair my colleagues have been great with me and doing things I'm not comfortable doing but it was from a legal standing 🙄 useless honestly. (And this is one of Scotlands leading brands in the industry...you'd think they would be a bit more clued up)
Ah yes see I work in a library and so there’s lots of women so they’re a bit more aware. Do you have an HR department you can contact about it maybe? It’s definitely something that needs to be done. An extra covid one should be done because as you’re pregnant you become an employee with a condition making you higher risk to covid.

I just got a text from my GP surgery saying I’m eligible for my COVID vaccine and I should call to book. Erm what? I tried to call but the queue was over 30 people long so obviously they’ve sent out batch texts and everyone’s calling.

I just want to check why I’m eligible because surely it’s not cause I’m pregnant? I have no other conditions so I’m confused. I can just text back decline and they’ll update my records but I don’t want just decline on my records because I do want the vaccine just after the baby is born.

I just got a text from my GP surgery saying I’m eligible for my COVID vaccine and I should call to book. Erm what? I tried to call but the queue was over 30 people long so obviously they’ve sent out batch texts and everyone’s calling.

I just want to check why I’m eligible because surely it’s not cause I’m pregnant? I have no other conditions so I’m confused. I can just text back decline and they’ll update my records but I don’t want just decline on my records because I do want the vaccine just after the baby is born.
Worth checking they have your height and weight right as I’ve heard a few stories of people having BMIs in the 1000s because their height is recorded as like 6.8cm or something lol 😆 pregnancy isn’t an indication in itself right now unless you have other things that make you high risk, worth calling gp to check as they’ll know what to look for in your records

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.