Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Worth checking they have your height and weight right as I’ve heard a few stories of people having BMIs in the 1000s because their height is recorded as like 6.8cm or something lol 😆 pregnancy isn’t an indication in itself right now unless you have other things that make you high risk, worth calling gp to check as they’ll know what to look for in your records
I had similar with my weight and height on my online records for the hospital 😂
They had my weight down as 31kg 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Worth checking they have your height and weight right as I’ve heard a few stories of people having BMIs in the 1000s because their height is recorded as like 6.8cm or something lol 😆 pregnancy isn’t an indication in itself right now unless you have other things that make you high risk, worth calling gp to check as they’ll know what to look for in your records
Haha yeah I’ve seen that. That’s why I’m confused, my dads leaflet that he got after his vaccine said women who are pregnant shouldn’t get it. I’m only very slightly overweight so I don’t think it’s that. I just want to call them and ask so I’m not taking a slot from someone else who needs it. I’ll get it after baby’s born.

Reactions: 2
Ah yes see I work in a library and so there’s lots of women so they’re a bit more aware. Do you have an HR department you can contact about it maybe? It’s definitely something that needs to be done. An extra covid one should be done because as you’re pregnant you become an employee with a condition making you higher risk to covid.
Yeah but they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot 😂 will give them one more reminder then maybe take it to the union!

I used to work in h and s and my company have to complete this before 12 weeks if you are working on site however I think the general rule is attached. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.qcs.co.uk/pregnancy-risk-assessment/amp/
Thanks for that, quite a lot of these relate to my job so I would've thought sooner the better to do it!

Reactions: 1
Has everyone started to moisturise your tummy’s I have several oils and creams which are pregnancy safe started to do this more often and does anyone have a bit of a bump now I can still hide it but when I have leggings on and a t shirt you can tell x

Has everyone started to moisturise your tummy’s I have several oils and creams which are pregnancy safe started to do this more often and does anyone have a bit of a bump now I can still hide it but when I have leggings on and a t shirt you can tell x
Yes my tummy gets so dry so I've had to start moisturising, I really want to buy the bump.masl from boots I think it's new by rochelle hume's!, I'm definitely showing alot quicker than I did with my son but I don't think I'm as big as I was with him at 20 weeks I'm.living I'm baggy tops haha! Xx

Eek I’m only 8 weeks today, I use moisturiser daily after a shower (all
Over arms legs etc) and never considered it to not be be safe am I wrong 😩🙈

Did you get one of those bounty packs from your midwife? I got a free sample of the Mama Mio tummy butter in mine. I want to try it but I'm scared it will be yet another smell that makes me sick 🤢😂 so far I'm using a fragrance free child's farm one.

Eek I’m only 8 weeks today, I use moisturiser daily after a shower (all
Over arms legs etc) and never considered it to not be be safe am I wrong 😩🙈
I only check things because I changed all my skincare and thought it must apply to other products you hair is fine as it is dead and doesn’t absorb anything. I think the skincare thing is just extra careful as the amount you would absorb is so small it wouldn’t have an effect however I started research as I know certain essential oils are not recommended from my beautician friend. You will be ok with shower gel I bought the weleda oil and also some palmers stretch Mark moisturiser I am prone to them so I know it will happen. I think I feel big as well because I have never had a tummy this big even when I put weight on it doesn’t go there mainly to my hips and thighs x

Did you get one of those bounty packs from your midwife? I got a free sample of the Mama Mio tummy butter in mine. I want to try it but I'm scared it will be yet another smell that makes me sick 🤢😂 so far I'm using a fragrance free child's farm one.
I am only 14 weeks apparently mama mio is meant to be amazing and I don’t think I will get anything free or does everyone get it xx

I've bought the mama Mio oil after lots of recommendations. It's nice but I'd definitely like to try the butter as well because it's very... Oily?! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

I’ve got the Mamma Mio and the Burt’s Bees ones - both smell really nice. I also use Aveeno for my dry dry skin which is really good, it’s also fragrance free 👍🏼

Just curious for those of you working...when did you get your risk assement done?
Work have known I've been pregnant since I was 7 weeks (was subsequently signed off for 8 weeks) been back since then and I'm now 20 weeks. I work in a fairly manual job where I'm expected to lift and also get on the back of tankers to sample.
I work in a lab and have identified chemicals not safe to touch myself. I pointed out I would no longer be doing these things and asked when I could be risk assessed. They seem to really be dragging their feet with doing one 🙄
Does anyone know if it has to be completed by a certain week? Can't find much online!
Employers have a duty of care to risk assess as soon as you make them aware of the pregnancy and review this assessment on a regular set out timeframe under the Health & Safely at Work Act. You have to legally tell your employer 15 weeks before your due but most people would make them aware at least after 12 weeks or as soon as they need to depending on what kind of work you do.

Check out this website https://www.15minutebeauty.com/

I send her an email and she replied the same day with a response about what skincare (specifics that i sent to her) was safe to use
It's a great website although there's been a couple of conflicting things where the company has said a product is pregnancy safe, but this website has said it isn't.

I was about to invest in a pricey range of skincare as I can get a bit of a discount but a couple of the products recommended specifically for me come up on the website as not pregnancy safe. One because it contains licorice root and the other because of salicylate. The only thing my midwife told me to avoid specifically is retinol. It's such a bloody minefield!

Reactions: 2
You did. I used it and it was great 😊 thought id pass it on x
Keep passing it on I spend ages looking for somewhere I could actually find specific information did you end up buying any new skincare? @Sw4 i always read the ingredients as well once I find something as I have committed to it and I agree it is hard to find actual accurate info. I have donated my Charlotte tilbury magic creams to my partner sad times x

Keep passing it on I spend ages looking for somewhere I could actually find specific information did you end up buying any new skincare? @Sw4 i always read the ingredients as well once I find something as I have committed to it and I agree it is hard to find actual accurate info. I have donated my Charlotte tilbury magic creams to my partner sad times x
No ive not bought anything new. I bought some lovely moisturisers around christmas time and wasnt sure i could use them. Ive managed to get a full routine that is safe to use (by checking this website) from skincare i already own which is fab. My skin feels so happy and nourished. I was only using water and simple Moisturiser after i initally found out i was pregnant. Glad i can use more now as it would have been a long 9 months. Im not 100 % which suncreams are safe to use though (it was lovely and warm last weekend)

No ive not bought anything new. I bought some lovely moisturisers around christmas time and wasnt sure i could use them. Ive managed to get a full routine that is safe to use (by checking this website) from skincare i already own which is fab. My skin feels so happy and nourished. I was only using water and simple Moisturiser after i initally found out i was pregnant. Glad i can use more now as it would have been a long 9 months. Im not 100 % which suncreams are safe to use though (it was lovely and warm last weekend)
It was sunny here but was only like 14 degrees and I was shivering I won’t roll out the serious factor other than my face until 20 degrees only because I won’t sit outside if it’s not warm enough x I am not sure really on sunscreen that is a whole bee level of confusion x

Check out this website https://www.15minutebeauty.com/

I send her an email and she replied the same day with a response about what skincare (specifics that i sent to her) was safe to use
I’m definitely going to look at this one, I’ve stopped using retinol but still using factor 59 SPF on my face - didn’t even think about that!

I’ve also seen Mama Mio has some really good reviews, I was thinking about treating myself to the tummy rub one.

I had no idea (other than retinol) that there were some skincare stuff you can’t use! Argh and I just bought some more SPF two days ago. Thanks for that website - going to check it out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.