Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Tui I’m sure it was you recommended the baby academy free online antenatal classes?- I did the free one yesterday and it was excellent. It covered baby’s first bath, Safe sleeping, cutting nails, cord care, nappy changing and much more. At the end they gave me a £50 off voucher to do the day long one which covers a lot more too including birth, 4th trimester and also first aid.
The midwife was NHS and from bham and she was excellent with lots of advice and tips.

So just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation whoever it was!
I would really recommend the free online session to anyone if they are interested. Well worth 2 hours of my day.
It was probably me! I did it a fortnight or so ago. Well worth the time and it was free! I did their breastfeeding workshop the other night too, quite a good introduction for people thinking of BF although I didn’t learn anything new as have already read quite a lot on the subject.

I usually spend 2.5-3 hours in antenatal clinic - wait 1h plus for scan, then another 45 min to an hour for the consultant afterwards. Luckily waiting room is reasonably socially distanced but it is annoying having to spend that long around other people, especially partners being there too (waiting room is distanced but not very big, just under 2m between people and 10 people in a small room together)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,
Been following along since thread 2 but haven't said anything because we hadn't announced to an IRL friend on here 🙈
I'm 9+6 today, already seen baby once to date the pregnancy.
I hope this isn't triggering for anyone but I have a really big fear with covid at the mo and going into hospital. I was so anxious at my scan.
I've had the letter for our 12 week scan and it says to turn up 30 minutes before the appointment and it's making me freak because I just don't want to be sitting around in a covid hotspot for that long 😬
Is this a thing everywhere? Its not entirely clear to me why I have to turn up that early. 😫
congratulations!
My scan letter said to turn up 30 minutes early too but I was a bit late so was only 20 minutes early. I’m not entirely sure why but they did take my notes off me before they saw me for the actual scan. (I must admit had I not been “late” I probably would have stopped for a wee before I went to the ultrasound department because I was already desperate and as soon as she put the scanner on to find the baby she sent me straight to the toilet lol). I wouldn’t worry about being there exactly 30 minutes early, as long as you’re there with a bit of time to spare I don’t think they’re going to refuse to see you.
As for being worried about covid, my hospital were really good. Like everyone else has said, less people waiting, chairs separated and taped off so I felt really safe - though waiting for my bloods to be taken was a bit busier, still apart from other people but busier than the ultrasound waiting area

Well I've been trying to ring the U/S scan department this morning and no answer. There is another letter included with my appointment letter that says "please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment time" so it's clear as mud really 😂

On another note, anyone else on baby no 3 and had really flat, non excited reactions from relatives when you've broken the news? Took me a bit by surprise to have such a strange reaction. It was pretty much "oh another one?"

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Well I've been trying to ring the U/S scan department this morning and no answer. There is another letter included with my appointment letter that says "please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment time" so it's clear as mud really 😂

On another note, anyone else on baby no 3 and had really flat, non excited reactions from relatives when you've broken the news? Took me a bit by surprise to have such a strange reaction. It was pretty much "oh another one?"
Pretty much my Mums reaction 😂
And a lot from other people as we have 1 boy and 1 girl. So people presumed we're done. 🙄🙄
A few people said "But why?" 😂

• Haha
Pretty much my Mums reaction 😂
And a lot from other people as we have 1 boy and 1 girl. So people presumed we're done. 🙄🙄
A few people said "But why?" 😂
No way?!
God I'm dreading the wider circle being told. 😂This was literally my MIL and SIL/BIL we'd told.
We also have a boy and girl.
It's thrown me!

Hi everyone, I’m 25 weeks pregnant and have just had my midwife appointment. She said that from 28 weeks I should be working from home because I’d be high risk, I can’t do that as I’m a support worker. Has anyone else has this? What did your employer say? Thanks all

Hi everyone, I’m 25 weeks pregnant and have just had my midwife appointment. She said that from 28 weeks I should be working from home because I’d be high risk, I can’t do that as I’m a support worker. Has anyone else has this? What did your employer say? Thanks all
I believe its government guidelines currently to allow working from home from 28 weeks.
Either way, your work have to risk assess you by law

Yep, I work in a library and been told I have to go off at 28 weeks as I can’t be public facing. It’s not early maternity leave but paid leave. HR should be aware of it so check in with your manager or them directly about this. My midwife said if work don’t comply she’ll write something for me as it’s government guidelines based on social distancing rules in the workplace for pregnant women.

Reactions: 3
If your employer can’t find you any work to do from home then they should suspend you on a maternity suspension (it’s not a disciplinary thing, it’s from health and safety law). It’s full pay. I’m NHS and WFH from 28 weeks mainly doing audit and data collection I.e not my usual job

I’m currently in a huge fight with my employer over this. I’m 28 weeks this Saturday and work as a supply teaching assistant. So far I’ve spoken with ACAS, unison, the health and safety executive and public health wales. I’ve sent link after link to my employer and they keep saying they can confirm I can continue to be in a class and they will risk assess. But they haven’t. Some years have gone back in wales as of today and I’ve not been offered work. They’ve not even risked assessed me since being pregnant never mind covid or the 28 week guidance. So now I’m just not getting paid. I’m so upset over it all. Everyone I know who has hit 28 weeks have either had their job role significantly altered so they can continue working but are able to social distance and aren’t public facing or if that can’t happen suspended on full pay. Meanwhile there’s me over here just not being offered work! Not that I’d take it as this babies health is of far more importance than being in work right now. I see my consultant and midwife next week and will get them to write me a letter for my employer. I hope yours are more understanding and let us know how you get on xx

• Sad
  • Angry
I work in a fast food restaurant I had a risk assessment done, but there was no mention of having to leave at 28 weeks. I don’t have the option to work from home either I worked till 34 weeks. I did reduce shifts though to 3 days a week, that was my own choice but didn’t leave until 34 weeks

Hi everyone,
Been following along since thread 2 but haven't said anything because we hadn't announced to an IRL friend on here 🙈
I'm 9+6 today, already seen baby once to date the pregnancy.
I hope this isn't triggering for anyone but I have a really big fear with covid at the mo and going into hospital. I was so anxious at my scan.
I've had the letter for our 12 week scan and it says to turn up 30 minutes before the appointment and it's making me freak because I just don't want to be sitting around in a covid hotspot for that long 😬
Is this a thing everywhere? Its not entirely clear to me why I have to turn up that early. 😫
I think its definitely good to try to ring and clarify things before the scan especially since things keep changing so much with COVID guidelines. I have my 20 week scan this week and the letter said no partners allowed, but I just called them up to double check and they said its changed now and my husband can come which I'm so relieved about.

So if you haven't already I would call to clarify if you definitely need to turn up early for the 12 week one. They only reason I could think of is if this is 30 mins is when they will take bloods for the screening tests and maybe offer flu jab etc.

I think its definitely good to try to ring and clarify things before the scan especially since things keep changing so much with COVID guidelines. I have my 20 week scan this week and the letter said no partners allowed, but I just called them up to double check and they said its changed now and my husband can come which I'm so relieved about.

So if you haven't already I would call to clarify if you definitely need to turn up early for the 12 week one. They only reason I could think of is if this is 30 mins is when they will take bloods for the screening tests and maybe offer flu jab etc.
I finally got through and she said "oh the 30 minutes is to allow you to park and make your way in, just arrive at your appointment time" 🙄
So I can stop panicking now!
But I agree, definitely worth ringing!

I've been in a dispute with my employer for 2 weeks now (im 30+2) and getting no where with them. My manager told me just to get a sickline because they're ripping the piss that much!

I just had my first growth scan and my baby is on 10th centile so they want to see me every week now for Doppler/growth scans, they said I might have to be induced early too depending on how the growth goes, has anyone had this happen and been able to go to full term? I don’t mind being induced at the end say 39 weeks but don’t want to go too early 😣

I wonder if the guidance about 28 weeks/working etc will change anyway after Boris’s announcement today

I wonder if the guidance about 28 weeks/working etc will change anyway after Boris’s announcement today
It might change at some point but definitely not yet. Social distancing will still have to be a thing for a lot longer yet.

I just had my first growth scan and my baby is on 10th centile so they want to see me every week now for Doppler/growth scans, they said I might have to be induced early too depending on how the growth goes, has anyone had this happen and been able to go to full term? I don’t mind being induced at the end say 39 weeks but don’t want to go too early 😣
My baby was just under 10th centile at 32 weeks. Other parameters like fluid and placental blood flow were fine so they booked me another scan at 3 weeks which showed 50th centile. Have another scan at 38 weeks to check it’s still on the right track.
Sounds like maybe your situation is a little different but if it helps at all, baby is considered to be fully cooked by 37 weeks so should come to no harm if born at that point! Not sure how many weeks you are now. Most important thing is that you and the baby are safe and healthy and regular scans and potentially induction will be intended to keep things that way

My baby was just under 10th centile at 32 weeks. Other parameters like fluid and placental blood flow were fine so they booked me another scan at 3 weeks which showed 50th centile. Have another scan at 38 weeks to check it’s still on the right track.
Sounds like maybe your situation is a little different but if it helps at all, baby is considered to be fully cooked by 37 weeks so should come to no harm if born at that point! Not sure how many weeks you are now. Most important thing is that you and the baby are safe and healthy and regular scans and potentially induction will be intended to keep things that way
I am 30 weeks, my last pregnancy baby was on 55th centile but was induced at 39 weeks due to placenta problems, the doctor said that if baby drops below 10th centile and continues to show that pattern in the next few weeks they’ll have to think about an early induction so I’m a bit scared now, really hoping it goes up at my next few scans

• Heart
I am 30 weeks, my last pregnancy baby was on 55th centile but was induced at 39 weeks due to placenta problems, the doctor said that if baby drops below 10th centile and continues to show that pattern in the next few weeks they’ll have to think about an early induction so I’m a bit scared now, really hoping it goes up at my next few scans
Got my fingers crossed for you. They won’t induce you and get baby out unless they genuinely think they are safer outside than in xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.