Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiii. Yes, so my first child... At my 20 week scan, was told a girl... At my 28 week growth scan.. Still a girl... 32 week growth scan... Still a girl...
36 week growth scan.. "Oh.. They said girl? Looks like a boy to me?"

I now have a 7 year old boy 😂
That’s my worry 😅 though I’m hoping it will be ok because they never had a problem detecting my sons Willy on any of his scans so 🤞🏼😅

Reactions: 1
Hey all, been having on off brown bleeding last few days but been feeling, or been trying to feel, okay about it as I had it last week then baby was fine on scan. Just went to the toilet and had red blood instead of brown. It’s knocked me again. EPU told me to call if brown turned to red and so I did and they’re going to try to get me a scan tomorrow.

Feel so stupid with needing these constant scans. This is so stressful :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey all, been having on off brown bleeding last few days but been feeling, or been trying to feel, okay about it as I had it last week then baby was fine on scan. Just went to the toilet and had red blood instead of brown. It’s knocked me again. EPU told me to call if brown turned to red and so I did and they’re going to try to get me a scan tomorrow.

so sorry Kitt hope you get your scan tomorrow x x

Reactions: 2

Don’t feel stupid you are doing what all of us would do and you should go for your sake. I hope everything is ok and we all thinking about you. No one tells us what pregnancy will be like for any of us so you should do what is right for you I would do the same xx

Reactions: 4

Thinking of you and really hope everything is OK x

Don't feel silly. It's what they're there for!
How far are you now? ❤❤

Oh Kitt I'm so sorry, but hopefully it's just another chance to see the bubba 🙏🏼 will be thinking of you x

You are not stupid for asking for scans don’t ever feel like you’re being a burden to them by phoning, they would much rather see you than not. Hopefully everything goes ok at your scan tomorrow sending you lots of love x

Reactions: 3

Don’t ever feel silly for asking for a scan. Bleeding in pregnancy is a real worry even if things are still ok. By the time my 12 week scan came around I had already had 5 scans due to bleeding. One of those scans was the day before my actual booked 12 weeks scan as I just couldn’t wait the extra day to make sure all was well. I’m now almost 27 weeks pregnant and every single time I use the toilet I still check the paper for blood. I think any woman who has had bleeding in pregnancy will agree that they do the same. I hope all turns out well for you tomorrow. Xx

Reactions: 6
Don’t ever feel silly for asking for a scan. Bleeding in pregnancy is a real worry even if things are still ok. By the time my 12 week scan came around I had already had 5 scans due to bleeding. One of those scans was the day before my actual booked 12 weeks scan as I just couldn’t wait the extra day to make sure all was well. I’m now almost 27 weeks pregnant and every single time I use the toilet I still check the paper for blood. I think any woman who has had bleeding in pregnancy will agree that they do the same. I hope all turns out well for you tomorrow. Xx
I am the same, nearly 30 weeks now and still check toilet paper every single time, I had red bleeding at 8 weeks with this pregnancy and everything was normal, didn’t even find out what caused it

Reactions: 5

Don't feel stupid! I was in and out of EPU with my first they would much rather see you to put your mind at ease than leave you to fester and over think and stress your body out.

I hope everything goes OK tomorrow xx

Absolutely not a reason to feel stupid, this is a very good reason for a scan. Especially given your history of this starting out as a twin pregnancy (I wonder whether there is any link there between that and the bleeding?). Hope it all goes ok and sorry you’re still having to deal with this, bleeding in pregnancy is just awful for anyone, always worrying for mum no matter how many scans!

All this chat about incorrect sex on scan is making me paranoid 😂 told boy at 20 week scan and never been told anything else about the sex at my 2 growth scans, but also think asking at 38 weeks may be tempting fate and better to just leave it lol! I DEFINITELY saw a penis though. I knew it at the start of the scan and she didn’t address sex until the end

Reactions: 4
Absolutely not a reason to feel stupid, this is a very good reason for a scan. Especially given your history of this starting out as a twin pregnancy (I wonder whether there is any link there between that and the bleeding?). Hope it all goes ok and sorry you’re still having to deal with this, bleeding in pregnancy is just awful for anyone, always worrying for mum no matter how many scans!

All this chat about incorrect sex on scan is making me paranoid 😂 told boy at 20 week scan and never been told anything else about the sex at my 2 growth scans, but also think asking at 38 weeks may be tempting fate and better to just leave it lol! I DEFINITELY saw a penis though. I knew it at the start of the scan and she didn’t address sex until the end
From what I can tell, it's pretty rare that they get it wrong and say a boy when it's not.
It's usually them saying girl and turns out to be a boy in 99% of the cases.
So I think you're pretty safe there 😂

Reactions: 1
when I had my last baby it was just me and one other girl in the ward, and so I got a pretty good handle on the fact she’d been told she was having a girl, and had bought all bright pink, and then when the baby emerged he brought his pesky penis out too 🙊🙊🙊 she spent the whole day on the phone frantically trying to get her mum and partner to buy a new car seat and Moses basket, as apparently they were both bright pink.

I did feel bad for her, but it did provide me some light relief in an otherwise dull stay!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
when I had my last baby it was just me and one other girl in the ward, and so I got a pretty good handle on the fact she’d been told she was having a girl, and had bought all bright pink, and then when the baby emerged he brought his pesky penis out too 🙊🙊🙊 she spent the whole day on the phone frantically trying to get her mum and partner to buy a new car seat and Moses basket, as apparently they were both bright pink.

I did feel bad for her, but it did provide me some light relief in an otherwise dull stay!
If this happens to me and I end up with a boy he’s just going to have to deal with pink clothes until he’s 3 months old cause I’m not spending anymore money 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.