Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this happens to me and I end up with a boy he’s just going to have to deal with pink clothes until he’s 3 months old cause I’m not spending anymore money 😂
I did wonder would she not just suck it up and use it anyway, it would be a funny story at least. But maybe it was still a bit raw for her to think it was funny!

One thing I was impressed with was that they’d picked a name for him ASAP. No beating about the bush because it wasn’t expected, he just had a name. And a nice one too!

Reactions: 3
when I had my last baby it was just me and one other girl in the ward, and so I got a pretty good handle on the fact she’d been told she was having a girl, and had bought all bright pink, and then when the baby emerged he brought his pesky penis out too 🙊🙊🙊 she spent the whole day on the phone frantically trying to get her mum and partner to buy a new car seat and Moses basket, as apparently they were both bright pink.

I did feel bad for her, but it did provide me some light relief in an otherwise dull stay!
Oh god 😂 bonkers to buy a pink car seat unless you aren’t planning on any other children?! I don’t have all blue clothes, think the pink/blue thing is a bit naff and I love dinosaurs so would want any little girl of mine to like them too 😂 but there was defo a penis there!

Reactions: 4
We should do a poll on the next thread, boy, girl, surprise, don't know yet or gender neutral!

Reactions: 6
I did wonder would she not just suck it up and use it anyway, it would be a funny story at least. But maybe it was still a bit raw for her to think it was funny!

One thing I was impressed with was that they’d picked a name for him ASAP. No beating about the bush because it wasn’t expected, he just had a name. And a nice one too!
Yeah I was going to say the same at least it’s a funny story when they are older, I haven’t bought pink seats and Moses basket though all my stuff is black/neutral colours but I have bought a lot of dresses 😂

Oh god 😂 bonkers to buy a pink car seat unless you aren’t planning on any other children?! I don’t have all blue clothes, think the pink/blue thing is a bit naff and I love dinosaurs so would want any little girl of mine to like them too 😂 but there was defo a penis there!
Yes! I used to have a friend and we were pregnant with our first babies at the same time. She found out she was having a girl and everything was pink (including the ceiling in the room!) playmat, bouncer, everything.

her second was a boy 🤣 By then we weren’t friends but I do often wonder what she did with all the pink!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have any of you had really bad hormonal days where everyone and everything really pisses you off like I feel like a nutcase today and then now I could cry. Really don’t know what’s going on 🙃. Also i am now worried to get a gender scan my partner really wants to know I don’t think I am bothered anymore as long as everything is ok and I think I will just get neutral things mainly so everything will always match me 😜

Reactions: 6
After my first, even though she kept saying she's certain it's a girl, I'm just hesitant to buy girl things 😂
My Sister has bought a bunch of girl clothes for us and I keep thinking 😬😬 okay thank you 😂

• Haha
Had my midwife appt today for 33 weeks (was meant to be 34 but my fundal height hasn’t changed much) I’ve gone from being on the 50th centile to the 1st 🙄 it’s literally stayed at 29 since 28 weeks.. oops. Got a growth scan first thing in the morning so I’ll see what they say. I don’t feel very worried... I feel like most people that talk about fundal height to me talk about the inaccuracies of it! We shall see..

Will be thinking of you tomorrow @Kitt also!

Reactions: 4
Had my midwife appt today for 33 weeks (was meant to be 34 but my fundal height hasn’t changed much) I’ve gone from being on the 50th centile to the 1st 🙄 it’s literally stayed at 29 since 28 weeks.. oops. Got a growth scan first thing in the morning so I’ll see what they say. I don’t feel very worried... I feel like most people that talk about fundal height to me talk about the inaccuracies of it! We shall see..

I don't think I've ever known fundal height to be accurate. It's so outdated.
Most people I know who have been pregnant have had to go for growth scans due to fundal height and all been fine.

Reactions: 1
I don't think I've ever known fundal height to be accurate. It's so outdated.
Most people I know who have been pregnant have had to go for growth scans due to fundal height and all been fine.
Yeah that’s why I’m not too worried! I mean it might point something out & I appreciate they are investigating it but I’ve learnt not to worry until I have a valid reason now!

Reactions: 2

with my 1st baby my finds height was measuring 5 over (I know that’s the opposite to you) for 3 weeks. I was due to go for a scan to check why baby was so big, but she was born the night before weight 6lbs.
My sister measured 4 weeks under for 3 weeks went for growth scan and they said baby would be tiny (this was at 39 weeks) she was born at 40 weeks weighing 8lbs 8oz so I don’t think they are anything to worry about really. I guess they still use it as at this point it is all they have to go on measurement wise?

I don’t put much stock in fundal height at all, again from what I’ve heard it isn’t overly accurate, and I’ve never put much stock in it. But great they are checking with a scan just to be safe.

Reactions: 2

It seems fundal height is mainly used to trigger growth scans as once you’re having growth scans they stop measuring you! My bump was normal at 28 weeks (not sure of the centile as midwife didn’t document it 🤦🏻‍♀️ but must have been between 10 and 90) but at 32 weeks bump was 3rd centile. Growth scan that week showed baby at just under 10th but then repeat scan 3 weeks later and he is at 50th!! Having another scan at 38 weeks. So don’t be surprised if you end up on a Merry go round if repeat growth scans now 🙈 I know lots of mum friends who’ve have them and most of the time it turns out fine

Hi all, just wondering did anyone have a scan at the 20 weeks mark and was told they were having a girl but then found out at a subsequent scan that they are having a boy?
I was convinced this was gonna happen to me 🙈

When I was waiting for my 20 week scan I overheard a lady telling someone that she’d been told girl at a private scan, but then had just been told it was a boy at the nhs one.

Reactions: 1
Well I’m just waiting to be discharged from hospital. Spent my evening here hooked up to a drip after having severe dehydration and ketones. Ended up collapsing after having an anti sickness injection and they also think I need antibiotics for a water infection too 😩 Can’t wait to be home and in my own bed!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Morning all, feeling very sick this morning after not feeling sick yesterday so hoping that’s a good sign.

I’m wondering if I maybe have a kidney infection? I’m going to ask today. I used to be prone to them and I’m wondering if dehydration may have caused one and is causing this horrible lower back ache.

Morning all, feeling very sick this morning after not feeling sick yesterday so hoping that’s a good sign.

I’m wondering if I maybe have a kidney infection? I’m going to ask today. I used to be prone to them and I’m wondering if dehydration may have caused one and is causing this horrible lower back ache.
Worth asking - easy for them to dip your urine in antenatal clinic when you go for your scan x

Well I’m just waiting to be discharged from hospital. Spent my evening here hooked up to a drip after having severe dehydration and ketones. Ended up collapsing after having an anti sickness injection and they also think I need antibiotics for a water infection too 😩 Can’t wait to be home and in my own bed!
That sounds stressful, hope you’re back home and relaxing now!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.