Pregnancy #38 The scanxiety is real

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread time one and all! That’s come round quickly. Any suggestions?

Reactions: 1
Thanks so much 😁. Oh lord I'm telling you they put something in your tea and toast after birth to make you forget the torment of pregnancy and pain of labour 🤣🤣🤣.
😂😂 i really think they do, i have completely forgotten how miserable the last month of pregnancy was, and how rough labour was, even tho i am still suffering now. But oh man those newborn snuggles are soo so worth it. I kept saying all the way through labour why do people do this more than once are they crazy, now i totally see why 🙈 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for checking ❤ I’m a bit behind on the thread because of everything going on. Sorry guys. My GD test is next week. It looks like I’ll probably still be in the hospital for that tbh. Just spoilering this as it might be anxiety inducing for some.
Though my bloods were looking good and I seemed to be responding ok to the blood pressure meds (but not yet stabilised for 24hrs so still on labour ward), we just went for a growth scan and they’re worried the blood flow from the placenta isn’t good. He’s now measuring nearly 2 weeks behind. I’m just waiting to speak to the foetal medicine consultants now. I think from what they were saying earlier they are some options, drugs I can take to help him develop but I need to stay in for observation definitely. I am pretty sure they said the only option isn’t early delivery if he’s not developing properly. But I’m a mess, I feel like I can’t think straight or remember half of what’s been said to me right now to be honest.

I think I asked before but does anyone know anyone or had an early pre eclampsia delivery? Or even a very premature baby that did ok? Or had pre eclampsia and it been managed ok? I need some positive outcomes to focus on.
How you getting on? Thinking of you ❤❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How are those with second babies on the way, or already had their second babies, dealing with the emotional side of it?

31 weeks tomorrow and every night I go to bed now I feel a bit sad another day has gone by with my son being my only child 😭 it’s hard to describe and my husband doesn’t really relate, I’m super excited for him to have a baby brother and I know he’ll love having a sibling but I’m also sorting of dreading the complete change of dynamic we have between us both, the relentless mum guilt I’ll probably feel trying to split myself in two and I just feel like time will start to go even faster when I have another baby to look after 😭 also terrified of leaving him to give birth and as that creeps closer I’m getting more and more anxious 😬 I know hormones are probably raging but I just constantly feel teary over it all. Is it just me being over dramatic? And will I really love baby the same way I love son?
If say this has been our biggest struggle since the birth of my son nearly a week ago. Both my husband and I have had some big emotions about our new family dynamic, I’m breastfeeding so I barely have time for my toddler and he has started not wanting to be around me, and my husband feels bad for our toddler that we can’t dedicate our time to him as we used to. But hopefully as we look to long term it’ll be worthwhile, we really wanted two for that sibling bond so it’s a long game type thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.