Pregnancy #38 The scanxiety is real

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh thank you both that’s really really helpful and good to know, hopefully it will just mean i might get an additional scan from it 😂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s not awful, I feel the same and I think that’s pretty normal. It’s gone by so fast this time. By now we had names, all the big items decided and I could tell you exactly how far along I was and what vegetable she was the size of 🤣 It doesn’t help my daughter has started preschool for 2 afternoons so I’m having less time with her. Even though I need it and she’s been loving it so far I still feel terrible. It will be ok and as soon as we see the new baby the love will rush in and it will all get figured out.
My scan is next Friday and we’ll be finding out the sex so I think that will help me register it more too.
Honestly I could have wrote all that myself ❤ Definitely going so much faster this time around!

We also extended my sons nursery hours when we found out about this pregnancy and like you, I felt awful 😢 but I also think it will be good for him to have that space to go to when baby is here with his friends where he can get away from the chaos at home so I think you’ve done the best thing there! Will also give you time to have that one on one time with baby that our firsts had so much of!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah good luck ❤ Yeah they really do adapt so well, he’ll probably manage better than me bless him 😅 I’ve been really open with him about it and my friend got him a little doll to play with and he’s so good with that, I know it’s not the same but he’s only just turned 2 so at least he has an idea of what a baby is and what their needs are etc so I think that’s helped!
You sound like you've done all you can and in a lovely way too. My daughter keeps asking "is brother or sister coming now?". I feel like askin that myself 🤣. Either way induction is Sunday not happy about it but clearly this Baba is stubborn.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How are those with second babies on the way, or already had their second babies, dealing with the emotional side of it?

31 weeks tomorrow and every night I go to bed now I feel a bit sad another day has gone by with my son being my only child 😭 it’s hard to describe and my husband doesn’t really relate, I’m super excited for him to have a baby brother and I know he’ll love having a sibling but I’m also sorting of dreading the complete change of dynamic we have between us both, the relentless mum guilt I’ll probably feel trying to split myself in two and I just feel like time will start to go even faster when I have another baby to look after 😭 also terrified of leaving him to give birth and as that creeps closer I’m getting more and more anxious 😬 I know hormones are probably raging but I just constantly feel teary over it all. Is it just me being over dramatic? And will I really love baby the same way I love son?
It’s quite nice to know others are going through this. I thought due to my circumstances maybe I felt a bit strange about it when others don’t but it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

I’ve zero suggestions on how to cope, I’m still getting my head round the whole thing. My husband seems genuinely excited and in love with the idea of a second which is pretty wonderful to be fair.

my major issue at the moment is that breastfeeding is making my skin crawl right now and so I feel a bit guilty that I’m having to take away something she loves and I’m feeling very worried that this feeling is here to stay and I psychologically won’t be able to feed the new baby. Weird eh.

• Heart
It’s quite nice to know others are going through this. I thought due to my circumstances maybe I felt a bit strange about it when others don’t but it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

I’ve zero suggestions on how to cope, I’m still getting my head round the whole thing. My husband seems genuinely excited and in love with the idea of a second which is pretty wonderful to be fair.

my major issue at the moment is that breastfeeding is making my skin crawl right now and so I feel a bit guilty that I’m having to take away something she loves and I’m feeling very worried that this feeling is here to stay and I psychologically won’t be able to feed the new baby. Weird eh.
Honestly the idea of breastfeeding again is giving me full body cringe. I’m going to stick with the magnesium supplements in the hope it helps my aversion this time. Last time I didn’t give much thought to feeding but this time I know what it all entails and I just cannot get excited about it. Hats off to you for still going all this time and through pregnancy. I hope it gets better for you or you find the strength to quit before you get completely burnt out with it ❤

Honestly the idea of breastfeeding again is giving me full body cringe. I’m going to stick with the magnesium supplements in the hope it helps my aversion this time. Last time I didn’t give much thought to feeding but this time I know what it all entails and I just cannot get excited about it. Hats off to you for still going all this time and through pregnancy. I hope it gets better for you or you find the strength to quit before you get completely burnt out with it ❤
It’s really difficult because it’s literally her favourite thing in the world. But it makes my entire body tense up. I think it could be my milk supply being quite low. Even if she has a bottle she has to stick her hand in my bra and I just hate it. I feel so sorry for her, I have to fish her hands out and she looks so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s really difficult because it’s literally her favourite thing in the world. But it makes my entire body tense up. I think it could be my milk supply being quite low. Even if she has a bottle she has to stick her hand in my bra and I just hate it. I feel so sorry for her, I have to fish her hands out and she looks so sad.
There’s a Facebook group called breastfeeding older babies and beyond which I always found helpful for a morale boost. It’s such a hard thing to decide and can feel so selfish when you make the decision and they aren’t ready but it is your body and you have the right to. Equally if you want to push through that group is really helpful.
If it makes you feel better my daughter is obsessed with my stomach and needs to cuddle it multiple times a day (before pregnancy). When her separation anxiety ramps up (right now) she follows me round trying to stroke it. So annoying when trying to move round a small kitchen to make dinner or clean up 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1

also good to know I’m not alone ❤ I feel like everyone makes having more than 1 look so easy 😢

I don’t envy you still breastfeeding whilst pregnant one bit , I’m lucky I managed to wean my boy which I swore I would do before we even thought about trying for a second but I was really lucky he did really well bless him ❤ I actually feel a lot more relaxed about feeding the second time around, I’m not going to let myself get wrapped up in breastfeeding again like I did first time around. I was so hellbent on making it work first time and being so against giving him a bottle, I can see now I made myself ill with it. I’m so glad I did manage to feed him for over a year in the end and I do hope I can have the same journey this time around but I won’t do it to the detriment of my health or my son this time around!

You sound like you've done all you can and in a lovely way too. My daughter keeps asking "is brother or sister coming now?". I feel like askin that myself 🤣. Either way induction is Sunday not happy about it but clearly this Baba is stubborn.
honestly thank you for that ❤ I know I try my best every day but I still find myself feeling like it’s not enough 😅 my own worst enemy!
Haha aw bless her I do think little girls get very excited at the prospect of a new baby ❤ Good luck with your induction, I would say it won’t be long now but I know you’re probably close to ripping your hair out every time you hear that now 😂

• Heart
Awww bless you it sounds like you're just all touched out. Fair play for breastfeeding up to now. I wasn't ever able to despite trying. When you're pregnant sometimes you just don't want any contact at all.

• Heart
There’s a Facebook group called breastfeeding older babies and beyond which I always found helpful for a morale boost. It’s such a hard thing to decide and can feel so selfish when you make the decision and they aren’t ready but it is your body and you have the right to. Equally if you want to push through that group is really helpful.
If it makes you feel better my daughter is obsessed with my stomach and needs to cuddle it multiple times a day (before pregnancy). When her separation anxiety ramps up (right now) she follows me round trying to stroke it. So annoying when trying to move round a small kitchen to make dinner or clean up 🤣
Omg theyre sooooo cute I just can’t.

I don’t use Facebook unfortunately- I have heard about that group though weirdly enough.

• Heart
Congratulations I'm delighted for you mama
. My turn now surely 😂
I have my fingers crossed for you 🤞 wishing you a speedy and safe delivery xx its crazy because now i feel jealous of those still pregnant, my baby is already a day old and i want it to slow down 😂😂

• Heart
I have my fingers crossed for you 🤞 wishing you a speedy and safe delivery xx its crazy because now i feel jealous of those still pregnant, my baby is already a day old and i want it to slow down 😂😂
Thanks so much 😁. Oh lord I'm telling you they put something in your tea and toast after birth to make you forget the torment of pregnancy and pain of labour 🤣🤣🤣.

• Heart
  • Haha

I think developing a short term aversion to breastfeeding is quite common. There are some really useful resources on Instagram, would really recommend:
Feedeatspeak
Nomilklikemamas
Lyndsey Hookway

All the accounts usually have really good advice

• Heart
I’m dying with pelvic girdle pain. It feels like I’ve repeatedly gotten a kick from a steel toe boot to the vag
I wonder if this is something I'm suffering from, I have an achy....groin area 😂 if I lift my legs to take my leggings off I ache like I've walked 20038472626 miles 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.