Pregnancy #37 Surviving summer with bras off and bumps out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: maternity clothes, I really like New Look jeans they seem to be one of the only places that do a shorter inside leg which is a godsend. Their other maternity clothes are decent quality for the price.

Splashed out on Seraphine trousers in my last pregnancy and they don’t fit this time round. I’ve larger size / floaty smock type dresses from M&S, sainsburys etc and hoping they will do me for a while.

Maternity leggings (workout ones) from gap are so comfy, they are pricy but usually get a discount code or ones in the sale.

Reactions: 1
So i am 40 weeks tomorrow and my midwife wants to do a sweep at 40+1. I have had some intermittent back aches and period pains for about a week now but no bloody show ect. Is it true a sweep only works if you are close to going into labour (which i dont think i am unfortunately 😕) and am i ok to decline until i am 41 weeks? Anyone had a successful sweep when labour seemed far away? Does it hurt? Sorry ftm and i am not sure what to do for the best. Some say the longer you stay pregnant the more risk of stillbirth, but i also dont want to have a procedure i dont need yet.
You can absolutely decline if you don't want one. It's your body, don't make the midwives or anyone else pressure you into something just because they want to do it! Anything up to 42 weeks is still well within your due period, as long as baby is happy in there then there's no reason to rock the boat if you don't need to.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The scanxiety during the wait to 13 weeks 🙃
why couldn’t my scan be at 12 😭
6 more days to go. Hopefully they go fast!

the last few nights I’ve been dreaming about having a baby girl but I don’t think it means anything other than it’s what I want 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So i am 40 weeks tomorrow and my midwife wants to do a sweep at 40+1. I have had some intermittent back aches and period pains for about a week now but no bloody show ect. Is it true a sweep only works if you are close to going into labour (which i dont think i am unfortunately 😕) and am i ok to decline until i am 41 weeks? Anyone had a successful sweep when labour seemed far away? Does it hurt? Sorry ftm and i am not sure what to do for the best. Some say the longer you stay pregnant the more risk of stillbirth, but i also dont want to have a procedure i dont need yet.
There has been some research that sweeps only work if you were already about to go into labour in the next few days yourself. But obviously there's no way of telling.
I've had 9 sweeps altogether and personally they've been a waste of time.
They're different pain levels for each person, and even then it depends on the person doing it.
I've had some more uncomfortable than others.

You can decline a sweep completely. There's also risks with them too. Like introducing infection. Rare of course, but possible. (which is why they don't do regular cervix checks like they do in the US)

As long as you're within the 42 weeks you're all good. Your due date is very much just an estimate. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3

the last few nights I’ve been dreaming about having a baby girl but I don’t think it means anything other than it’s what I want 😂
I was in the same boat. Felt so long waiting in that final week! Now I’ve had the scan I feel a lot less anxious but I know that will probably come back again before my 19 week scan. Hope everything goes well.

Reactions: 2
I was in the same boat. Felt so long waiting in that final week! Now I’ve had the scan I feel a lot less anxious but I know that will probably come back again before my 19 week scan. Hope everything goes well.
Everything will be fine! I have my 20 week scan in 3 weeks and I’m the same even though I feel him moving 😂

You can absolutely decline it, your body your choice.

I won't be having a sweep as if I'm honest the one I had on the induction ward with my first was quite unpleasant as it was mid contraction - I feel it's given me a bad experience.
I'm not against going in for an induction it's just the sweep I don't want - I personally don't want any intervention unless necessary until I actually get to a week overdue - I'd like my body to have a chance to go into labour itself.

Just remember too that everyone has different pain thresholds too, so some may say a sweep hurts whilst others just find it uncomfortable

• Heart
Reactions: 5
TMI but does anyone know why my food is taking so long to digest? I’ve just been sick as per usual and it was my dinner from 6pm yesterday 🙄

I've had a quick cry to myself this morning. Just feels like groundhog Day at the moment - get up, do breakfast and then think "what the duck am I going to do with my toddler today" 😅

I don't have a car and live on the top of a hill, in a generally hilly area. I was thinking about popping to the supermarket to grab some bits for dinner but then remembered how much I struggled with that 15 minute walk just over a week ago and decided it's not sensible. Might not be so bad by myself but with a pram - nope!

I did post about this a few weeks ago and realised we had an issue with independent play in regards to my toddler too. We are slowly getting better with that and it's making the days a little easier, so thank you guys for helping me get to that realisation!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
TMI but does anyone know why my food is taking so long to digest? I’ve just been sick as per usual and it was my dinner from 6pm yesterday 🙄
The increased progesterone in your system because your pregnant slows down the digestion period, it relaxes your stomach, large and small intestines

The increased progesterone in your system because your pregnant slows down the digestion period, it relaxes your stomach, large and small intestines
Oh how fun pregnancy is 😂 my morning sickness stoped for 2 days and I thought FINALLY but nope it’s back 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've had a quick cry to myself this morning. Just feels like groundhog Day at the moment - get up, do breakfast and then think "what the duck am I going to do with my toddler today" 😅

I don't have a car and live on the top of a hill, in a generally hilly area. I was thinking about popping to the supermarket to grab some bits for dinner but then remembered how much I struggled with that 15 minute walk just over a week ago and decided it's not sensible. Might not be so bad by myself but with a pram - nope!

I did post about this a few weeks ago and realised we had an issue with independent play in regards to my toddler too. We are slowly getting better with that and it's making the days a little easier, so thank you guys for helping me get to that realisation!

Omg this!! I never saw your original post but I’ve woken up in the foulest mood trying to figure out what my 4 year old can do in the now 3 extra days she’s no longer at nursery.

I’m trying to chill as it doesn’t take much to stress me out 🤣 but with it being the summer holidays too, everything around us activity wise just gets so saturated.

Not much point to this post other than to say you are not alone with it feeling like Groundhog Day!

I feel you with this, it has been my biggest stress and it honestly is such a mission to go out anywhere with them when you are pregnant. I have been scouring busy toddler Insta and website for simple activities to set up for my 2 year old to hope that when the baby is here he isn’t just watching tv all day.. talk to me in a few weeks. So far I have made coloured rice… 😅

I feel you with this, it has been my biggest stress and it honestly is such a mission to go out anywhere with them when you are pregnant. I have been scouring busy toddler Insta and website for simple activities to set up for my 2 year old to hope that when the baby is here he isn’t just watching tv all day.. talk to me in a few weeks. So far I have made coloured rice… 😅
If you have food colouring, an ice cube tray and some sticks you can make some ice paints - use different colour food colouring to colour the water, add a stick to each cube (cotton bud might do here) then freeze - let them paint with it on a big sheet of paper 🎨

Go for a gentle walk around the block, collect some leaves to do leaf rubbings when you get home.

Stick some cosmic yoga on for them ! At least they’ll be learning something good for them while in front of the TV!

Reactions: 4

It’s so hard isn’t it. I really find the school holidays so hard. The heat, sun, everywhere is so busy and none of the usual groups are on. Add being pregnant it’s so isolating. Glad the independent play is improving. I do find it hard to be at home all day, even if you have a few activities it’s still hard being stuck in with no other company than a toddler day after day.

Reactions: 3
well, it's been a rough night. woke up at 3am to my husband having a raging fever and coughing his ass off. told him to do an ART test and it was positive. i did one and it was negative. i literally looked at him and asked "wtf do i do now" bc we've escaped covid thus far and have no idea what to do. i've ended up at my parents house while my husband isolates back at home himself. and then turns out my brother has tested positive at 8am, after coming back from his trip to thailand.

My mum has shut my brother in his room and i'm gonna be wearing a mask all around the house. It's a matter of time before I get it. From what I understand, getting covid while pregnant isn't as serious as it used to be, especially since I'm double vaxxed + boostered.
I caught COVID from my partner while pregnant a few weeks ago (I was about 22 weeks) after also avoiding it the whole 2+ years. I’m triple vaccinated. I was terrified of getting it still though as I’m also asthmatic so doubly at risk of getting it badly and having complications. However it was absolutely nothing, I had a worse chest infection a few months back. With COVID I just got a snotty nose, a bit more tired (both things I’ve had in pregnancy anyway) and lost my sense of taste just for certain flavours like black pepper. Was fine after a couple of days (other than my sense of taste which took a little longer).

I am glad I’ve had it now though and it was so mild as I was super anxious before.

Worst night to date. My heart burn is out of control
Have you tried omeprazole yet? My consultant prescribed me some and I haven’t had any heartburn or acid reflux since taking it

Haha I love that, “scanxiety” 😂 it’s so true

Last edited:
I have my cervical scan tomorrow to measure my cervix and I have scaniexty too 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Also got a bit of scanxiety today my 4D scan thought I wouldn’t get anxious before them now but I do! Wonder if they’ll be able to tell if my placenta has moved yet or if I’ll know more at my 32 week scan to check…. Excited to see him 💙

• Heart
Also got a bit of scanxiety today my 4D scan thought I wouldn’t get anxious before them now but I do! Wonder if they’ll be able to tell if my placenta has moved yet or if I’ll know more at my 32 week scan to check…. Excited to see him 💙
Ask them to check, I had a 4d one at the weekend and they checked and mine hadn’t moved x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.