Pregnancy #37 Surviving summer with bras off and bumps out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really struggling tonight having some bad thoughts and blaming myself a lot. I just wanted a family unit I’m terrified to do this alone 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I know so many people who didn’t have to buy maternity clothes and thought I would be the same for some reason, But I had to buy some today, I actually got some really nice stuff. ☺ Has anyone else had to buy maternity clothes at 17 weeks or early in their pregnancy?
Yes - all 3 pregnancies!!! I’ve not fit in my normal jeans for bloating from about 10 weeks. I’m 17 weeks now unless it’s floaty/stretchy or maternity it’s out 😂

Reactions: 1
I’m really struggling tonight having some bad thoughts and blaming myself a lot. I just wanted a family unit I’m terrified to do this alone 💔
Do you feel like you could reach out to someone? Tommy's & the Maternal Mental Health Alliance have a telephone number for expectant mums.
Nothing is your fault, I know its easier said than done, try and get some rest tomorrow is a new day and you get to see your baby on your scan. X

Reactions: 3
Once you have your little boy in your arms I promise you, you will be wondering why you were ever worried! You will be absolutley fine and your baby will thank you in years to come that you didn't stay in an unhappy and draining relationship. Please reach out to your midwife they should put you in touch with some services that can help. I know we are just anonymous names on a forum but you are not alone, we are all here for you!

I have been a single mum when I was in my teens and honestly, it's not as bad as you may think. It will be you and your little boy against the world. Sending you lots of love x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Once you have your little boy in your arms I promise you, you will be wondering why you were ever worried! You will be absolutley fine and your baby will thank you in years to come that you didn't stay in an unhappy and draining relationship. Please reach out to your midwife they should put you in touch with some services that can help. I know we are just anonymous names on a forum but you are not alone, we are all here for you!

I have been a single mum when I was in my teens and honestly, it's not as bad as you may think. It will be you and your little boy against the world. Sending you lots of love x
Thank you so much I’m currently seeing and receiving support from the community mental health team. I’m just scared of what’s going to happen going into Womens aid accommodation etc it all stresses me I can’t understand why anyone could be so cruel to kick someone out who’s carrying their child 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you so much I’m currently seeing and receiving support from the community mental health team. I’m just scared of what’s going to happen going into Womens aid accommodation etc it all stresses me I can’t understand why anyone could be so cruel to kick someone out who’s carrying their child 💔
What will happen above all else is you will be looked after and supported! Your ex’s inability to do that speaks volumes. We are all her for you at all hours of the day and night. I know I still check in during bouts of insomnia so I’ll keep an eye out for your messages. Stay strong. You have an exciting day tomorrow ahead of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What will happen above all else is you will be looked after and supported! Your ex’s inability to do that speaks volumes. We are all her for you at all hours of the day and night. I know I still check in during bouts of insomnia so I’ll keep an eye out for your messages. Stay strong. You have an exciting day tomorrow ahead of you x
Thank you so much I appreciate it I don’t want to clog the forum with my issues but it’s nice to know I can reach out… wish I could fast forward a few weeks till my new house is ready 😞

Regarding the maternity wear I have gotten by on a few floaty regular dresses just sized up one so I will still wear then after as well. And have worn my H&M mat jeans through two pregnancies now! I barely ever buy myself new clothing so I hate the thought of buying clothes I’ll only wear for a few months

Reactions: 2
well, it's been a rough night. woke up at 3am to my husband having a raging fever and coughing his ass off. told him to do an ART test and it was positive. i did one and it was negative. i literally looked at him and asked "wtf do i do now" bc we've escaped covid thus far and have no idea what to do. i've ended up at my parents house while my husband isolates back at home himself. and then turns out my brother has tested positive at 8am, after coming back from his trip to thailand.

My mum has shut my brother in his room and i'm gonna be wearing a mask all around the house. It's a matter of time before I get it. From what I understand, getting covid while pregnant isn't as serious as it used to be, especially since I'm double vaxxed + boostered.

• Heart
well, it's been a rough night. woke up at 3am to my husband having a raging fever and coughing his ass off. told him to do an ART test and it was positive. i did one and it was negative. i literally looked at him and asked "wtf do i do now" bc we've escaped covid thus far and have no idea what to do. i've ended up at my parents house while my husband isolates back at home himself. and then turns out my brother has tested positive at 8am, after coming back from his trip to thailand.

My mum has shut my brother in his room and i'm gonna be wearing a mask all around the house. It's a matter of time before I get it. From what I understand, getting covid while pregnant isn't as serious as it used to be, especially since I'm double vaxxed + boostered.
Oh man that sucks! How far along are you? There are many many people on here that have had covid during pregnancy that will be able to share their experiences if you need reassurance x

• Heart

Try not to worry, I know lots of people on here have had covid while pregnant. I did when I was 5 weeks, I was absolutely terrified but everything was fine, im double jabbed and boosted like you too. I had heavy cold like symptoms and a sore throat and was absolutely exhausted, the midwife advised drinking plenty and taking paracetamols as needed which I did, and resting. I was poorly for 3 days then really just went back to normal. You may not even catch it, my partner didn’t xx

• Heart

I had covid when I was around 9 / 10 weeks.
Had high fever, bad headache and achy limbs (strangely no cough or bad chest in the slightest!)
Lots of rest, a bit of paracetamol when I felt I needed it and lots of water and I was feeling much better within 2 to 3 days!
I hope you manage to dodge it but if not, try not to worry too much and just focus on getting yourself better. Midwife wasn’t fazed at all.

• Heart
Same here, was floored but no concern at all. If I was you I’d go back home. There’s no way to avoid catching it these days. And imo I’d rather have it now that in the lead up to due date

• Heart
Rough night here too 😒 my neighbours were up in their garden/their kitchen with their bifold doors wide open (which is all tiled with no soft furnishings so the echo is crazy) until 4am “chatting” in loud voices and screeching/laughing. When I could sleep I had awful realistic nightmares. I’ve also had stomach cramps and tightness all evening and it’s worse on waking :(

• Sad
i'm 24+4 right now. i hope i dont catch it bc i hate being sick, but it isn't the end of the world if i do. hopefully everyone else recovers soon

I have been so scared of getting covid as I get closer to my due date. It’s the middle of winter here and my husband and son seem so catch every sickness going. Sure enough I’ve caught their latest cold and though I’m testing negative at this point I’m so nervous I’m going to be sick when I’m in labour.. 38+2… just hoping he stays put till 40 weeks like his big brother!

• Heart
Has anyone used a pregnancy belly band/belt? I’m struggling with ligament pain especially when I get out of bed.

So i am 40 weeks tomorrow and my midwife wants to do a sweep at 40+1. I have had some intermittent back aches and period pains for about a week now but no bloody show ect. Is it true a sweep only works if you are close to going into labour (which i dont think i am unfortunately 😕) and am i ok to decline until i am 41 weeks? Anyone had a successful sweep when labour seemed far away? Does it hurt? Sorry ftm and i am not sure what to do for the best. Some say the longer you stay pregnant the more risk of stillbirth, but i also dont want to have a procedure i dont need yet.

Has anyone used a pregnancy belly band/belt? I’m struggling with ligament pain especially when I get out of bed.
Yeah I wear a belly band cantaloop from John Lewis, I just wear it at night for this exact reason, it does help

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.