Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

morsbar98

Good luck ❤❤
Baby girl was born yesterday at 14:28. Emergency c-section was surprisingly peaceful. My AMAZING midwife, honestly they have no idea how much of a difference they make! Baby girl is doing good, just needs help with breathing. Trying to figure out a name will be the fun part😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Neo2021

VIP Member
Fetal medicine was more positive than negative! Need some more tests and to go back in a month but things are looking more positive than we expected xx

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Gossipgirl79

All is well! 13 weeks today. I cried so much at the scan because I just never thought we’d get to this moment, but going to try and enjoy it now.

• Heart

Clickbait

VIP Member
I think all this worry stems from a bad experience I had with window to the womb last week! When I went in I was a day under 16 weeks ( they knew this and it was fine) and they’d mentioned the heartbeat bear and I could have one if the baby was measuring 16+ weeks but I wasn’t to bothered because I knew I was 15+6. Anyway they started the scan and the women who was taking notes said I’m so sorry no heartbeat today!!! I was like what??!!! And she said ohhhh no I’m sorry I meant no heartbeat bear today…. Obviously they then showed me his heartbeat and the gender but since then I cannot relax it’s like I hear her voice saying no heartbeat every time I have an inkling something is wrong 😔 I’m going to book a private scan with someone else I think because there’s no way I can go another 3 weeks not knowing 💗
I say this to be helpful, but you need to try and tap into the calm, rational and logical side of your brain when you feel yourself spiralling as you seem to be at the moment.

I get the anxiety completely, trust me I am living with it every single day as I’m sure others will be, but you need to find ways to manage it because it is doing you no good and you can’t keep getting private scans every time you need some reassurance - that is just not practical.

Try to bring forward the things you know to be true - you are pregnant, you had a scan last week which showed this, you saw his heartbeat, you’ve had no cramps, no bleeding, you are still too early and baby too small to feel big and consistent movements.

You have a midwife appointment soon to discuss your concerns - write them down, write down the questions you have when you think of them. You have a 20 week scan that will give you more assurance and you’ll be given more info. If you have questions about the scan before it ask your midwife, if you have questions during the scan, write them down and bring them along. These actions should help you feel a little more in control.

I was actually fighting back tears on a car journey yesterday when I was explaining to my partner how I felt now I had some understanding of what it must be like for him having anxiety because I have been anxious every day during pregnancy having never suffered this before (aside from normal worried ahead of an exam or test or interview). I don’t think he realised that it was daily, I know not everyone who is pregnant has the same level of anxiety I’ve been experiencing and many people might be dismissive of it. I’m genuinely not trying to dismiss your concerns, just to try and help you with them because ultimately the stress and upset won’t be good for you or baby x

• Heart

Gidget00_

VIP Member
My scan went great, baby’s heartbeat is good and everything seems fine 🥰 I’m so relieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

morsbar98

In hospital, preeclampsia has led to my baby being possibly delivered at 32 weeks and 2 days tomorrow. Hormones and emotions are all over the place

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Feel free to ask as many times as you like @Nayalove96
And to half answer your Q it was 21 weeks before I felt anything and I too have anterior. Try not to worry, I bet it just the position he’s in.
I’d completely forgotten I’d asked yesterday until that person said above. Because Lost the last one I’m just so anxious that I’m going to lose him 😔 think I’ll hold off posting for a bit until after my 20 week scan because I don’t want to annoy anyone! Thanks to everyone who replied 💗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Hi 👋🏼 had my positive pregnancy test today so parking myself up on this thread. Only 4 weeks gone and this is my 2nd baby :)

• Heart

Mbouzer

TW….Miscarriage

Tentatively joining… After two consecutive miscarriages I am 11 weeks pregnant. I already have a little girl so this is baby no2. My miscarriages were in December and February so still very raw for me, we decided to give up trying but here I am pregnant again. Obviously I’m absolutely over the moon but crippled with anxiety, this is the furthest Ive gotten (since my little girl) so Im feeling more anxious as the days go on! My 12 week scan is on the 4th August so patiently waiting for that, I’m still convinced something is going to be wrong but hope after my scan I can relax a bit. Any tips on how to deal with feeling like this? I just really want this baby and being pregnant after a loss just takes all the excitement away. How can I pull myself together? My sister who I’m very close to has just found out she’s pregnant so the fact we will be having a baby together is so lovely and feels like it was meant to be, I really hope it is third time lucky this time! Sorry for the rambling hope everyone else is doing okay xx

• Heart

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Found out last week I’m pregnant again after our MMC at 16 weeks in February! Nervous to say the least!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I had my scan! They pushed me back to just over six weeks rather than 7 weeks like I thought. So they couldn’t see much, but I seen the little heartbeat flickering and it made me cry 🥺 they’ve booked me back in in 2 weeks free so I can see it again better! But I’m glad I got the chance to see the heartbeat today 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Gidget00_

VIP Member
I’m 14 weeks and I’m having a scan tomorrow morning and feel really nervous, I had a scan at 7 weeks because I had some bleeding but everything was fine then so hopefully tomorrow goes well. I had a MMC in the past so I’m a bit nervous. 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 15

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Does anyone who’s already had a baby have a positive birth story? It occurred to me that whenever we’ve talking about previous births on here we’ve only spoken about the really traumatic ones people have had.
My second baby came out like she'd been slathered in grease and dropped down a chute. I could've gone in and had another! (I'm praying I'll be third time as lucky 😅)

• Haha
  • Heart

Wophie

VIP Member
Scan all done, baby is actually head down and has jumped from 10th to 50th centile 😅 so back in three weeks to check on him, but it all went a lot better than I expected!

• Heart