Pregnancy #34 Sponsored by trying to shave ya bits without cutting off a lip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh all this scares me so bloody much 🙈 I’ve no idea what I’m doing and reading the whole milk and warming up just goes over my head 🤣😩 I’ve never changed a nappy in my life!!!
My partner has kids but they’re teens now so I’m glad I’ve got him though times have changed from 16 years ago 😂
I was just thinking the same…. Wtf do I do?! 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg. What a DAY.
So my midwife didn’t bother to get back to me so I rang 111. Basically a they assessed me and said a GP will call you back within the hour. This was at 9am. Anyway they finally call at 12:30 and tell me I need to go to hospital to get a vaccine asap as it needs to be administered within 72 hours of contact with chicken pox. So I go to the hospital, they refuse to see me as the GP hasn’t sent them any message, and tell me to wait outside as I’m a risk to other pregnant women. I phone my own GP who makes me go back in to a&e and give them the phone. They have a heated discussion which results in me being sent for a urgent blood test, but the hospital won’t do it as there’s other pregnant people there, so I had to go to a health clinic. Anyway I gets there, they said these bloods will be back in 10 days. So I said my GP said there urgent they need the results today because if I need a vaccine I need it tomorrow. THEY made me call my GP back.. so was trying to get through for 30 mins.. finally get through, they take my blood and say these should be back in the morning. Honestly I’m so drained I’m getting in the bath and lying there for as long as possible!!! My throat is absolutely killing me and I feel so sick - I wonder if stress can trigger hyperemesis? I’ve been ok the last few days too 😢😢😢

thanks everyone who replied to me earlier ❤ xx

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Omg. What a DAY.
So my midwife didn’t bother to get back to me so I rang 111. Basically a they assessed me and said a GP will call you back within the hour. This was at 9am. Anyway they finally call at 12:30 and tell me I need to go to hospital to get a vaccine asap as it needs to be administered within 72 hours of contact with chicken pox. So I go to the hospital, they refuse to see me as the GP hasn’t sent them any message, and tell me to wait outside as I’m a risk to other pregnant women. I phone my own GP who makes me go back in to a&e and give them the phone. They have a heated discussion which results in me being sent for a urgent blood test, but the hospital won’t do it as there’s other pregnant people there, so I had to go to a health clinic. Anyway I gets there, they said these bloods will be back in 10 days. So I said my GP said there urgent they need the results today because if I need a vaccine I need it tomorrow. THEY made me call my GP back.. so was trying to get through for 30 mins.. finally get through, they take my blood and say these should be back in the morning. Honestly I’m so drained I’m getting in the bath and lying there for as long as possible!!! My throat is absolutely killing me and I feel so sick - I wonder if stress can trigger hyperemesis? I’ve been ok the last few days too 😢😢😢

God what a tit show 😖 hopefully you get sorted tomorrow! Enjoy your bath and try get some rest, I definitely don’t think stress will help your hyperemesis x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I lost 2 babies back to back last year & I was told at the start of this pregnancy it wouldn’t last cos of my HCG level but this little one held on and made it, I’ve got my booking appt tomorrow and I don’t know why I’m suddenly petrified. I’ve been anxious before the scans I’ve had so far but I genuinely feel sick with worry for some reason, I’ve got myself into a state & I think it’s cos I’ve never got this far before, I just feel so scared ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So I lost 2 babies back to back last year & I was told at the start of this pregnancy it wouldn’t last cos of my HCG level but this little one held on and made it, I’ve got my booking appt tomorrow and I don’t know why I’m suddenly petrified. I’ve been anxious before the scans I’ve had so far but I genuinely feel sick with worry for some reason, I’ve got myself into a state & I think it’s cos I’ve never got this far before, I just feel so scared ☹
Congrats! If it helps the booking appointment is really more about you, your social situation and health background. It's just to get an idea of your situation and any support you might need. It's not a bad appointment at all.

Reactions: 1
Omg. What a DAY.

That sounds bloody awful! Hope it goes okay tomorrow xx

Sending lots of love to you ❤❤ I know how hard it can be. I cried at the start of my booking appointment because I felt like, well I’ve been here before and it didn’t work out. The midwife was so lovely and understanding. It really is just a bit of an admin appointment really.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg. What a DAY.

oh love so sorry you had a tit time today. I hope all goes ok tomorrow and your feeling better ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh really? Thank you 😊. Is there a bottle warmer you would recommend? I wonder if Sainsburys and boots will soon start to do the premade Kendamil?! 🤞🏻
I use kendamil for my little girl and tbh it is a bit of a nightmare to get hold of ready to feed sometimes, but on their website they have a stock checker for stores nearby that stock it. I always get a few as that’s what we use when we are out, and I have a subscription for the normal powder formula.

I know you’re talking about being out and about, but I used to swear by the prep machine, but I felt it wasn’t getting hot enough, so, I boil the kettle every night at 10pm and put it on to a thermos big flask. That does all my bottles through 24 hours and the water is still steaming if there’s any left and I tip it out at 10pm the next day
When I go up to bed, I put 4oz of cooled boiled water in an unused bottle and mix it up that way, because I’m too lazy to go downstairs
Honestly, wish I knew this with the other 3!! I take the flask and empty bottle and pots full of formula out with me where ever I go, and I make sure I start prepping about 45 mins before he’s due
I’ve been thinking that about the perfect prep recently! My little girl used to have cold/room temp ready to feeds when we are out and be fine, but then started rejecting them cos they’re too cold and I think she’s doing the same when I use the prefect prep, when I do it the kettle way she absolutely loves it 🙈

I use kendamil for my little girl and tbh it is a bit of a nightmare to get hold of ready to feed sometimes, but on their website they have a stock checker for stores nearby that stock it. I always get a few as that’s what we use when we are out, and I have a subscription for the normal powder formula.

I’ve been thinking that about the perfect prep recently! My little girl used to have cold/room temp ready to feeds when we are out and be fine, but then started rejecting them cos they’re too cold and I think she’s doing the same when I use the prefect prep, when I do it the kettle way she absolutely loves it 🙈
I’m thinking about doing the subscription once I know that baby is ok with Kendamil. We live in the middle of no where we have a big sainsburys quite near and I do go to the shops regular I just hope my sainsburys and shopping centre start getting the ready made Kendamil in soon 🤞🏻.

Now I’m on mat leave I’ve booked myself a pregnancy massage as a treat and I’m so bloody excited 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Now I’m on mat leave I’ve booked myself a pregnancy massage as a treat and I’m so bloody excited 😍😍
7 weeks until I start mine (not that I'm counting 😂 😬 ) I will definitely be getting myself one !!
The waking up at 2am for two hours has started now, I think I need a week off 😂

• Heart
Has anyone had an NHS physio appointment and if so was it helpful?
I turned one down at my last appointment because I thought adjusting my work hours would help with back pain - it did but then it got worse again and now I also have hip pain and it's awful. I dared to run the hoover round yesterday and needed to go to bed at 7, this morning I've washed some dishes and cleaned the benches and I'm currently doing a work meeting from my bed because sitting up hurts too much, so I'm fairly certain this is worse than I should be tolerating. Just don't want to have to ask for a referral, wait for it and expect it to help if all they tell me is to move when I can and rest when I can't.

• Sad
Has anyone had an NHS physio appointment and if so was it helpful?
I turned one down at my last appointment because I thought adjusting my work hours would help with back pain - it did but then it got worse again and now I also have hip pain and it's awful. I dared to run the hoover round yesterday and needed to go to bed at 7, this morning I've washed some dishes and cleaned the benches and I'm currently doing a work meeting from my bed because sitting up hurts too much, so I'm fairly certain this is worse than I should be tolerating. Just don't want to have to ask for a referral, wait for it and expect it to help if all they tell me is to move when I can and rest when I can't.
I did, and yes it helped me a huge amount!
Maybe just try it out for a couple of weeks and see how you feel afterwards?

You wouldn’t believe I’m going be having my third baby with this question 🤣. With my eldest she had aptamil and when we were out and about we would just buy the pre made bottles and warm it up. My youngest was exclusively breast fed until 2 😅 so didn’t have to buy any formula. This time I am going to combi feed for the first few weeks (all being well) but will just give formula after. The formula I’ve bought is Kendamil but they do not sell the little pre made bottles in shops 😩. So what do you do when you are out and about? I believe your not aloud to pre make bottles to take out with you anymore? Is there something I could buy for travelling for the water to be safe and right temp? I have bought a formula tub for out and about but what about the water? Ah I’m so stressed out about this please can somebody help.
I don't know if you know about the Nuby Rapid Cool but I've heard amazing things about it and it sounds like it will be really handy for out and about. I got a couple from Aldi because the flask that cools the water to the right temperature takes 3 hours to reset so I will have a few to use if we're out the house for a bit. You basically use the water from the flask as a hot shot, then pour the rest of the water into the flask that cools it down and within a few minutes it make the milk the perfect temperature

Ahhhhh just had a scan at 31+5 and it was a different sonographer. Despite saying we don't want to know the gender I'm convinced I saw a willy as she didn't tell me to look away like the other sonographer always has. 😱 Anyone having a boy know how prominent it is on scans at this gestation?!

Aside from that, baby is head down and ready albeit a little on the small side which we already knew! 🥰

Ahhhhh just had a scan at 31+5 and it was a different sonographer. Despite saying we don't want to know the gender I'm convinced I saw a willy as she didn't tell me to look away like the other sonographer always has. 😱 Anyone having a boy know how prominent it is on scans at this gestation?!

Aside from that, baby is head down and ready albeit a little on the small side which we already knew! 🥰
My little boy was absolutely clear as day on the 20 week scan. X

I had a scan at 34 weeks to see if my placenta had moved and at 36 weeks for growth scan, I can’t remember which it was, but she screened over his Willy and didn’t tell me to look away, knowing we didn’t know the sex. She didn’t say anything, but I knew what I’d seen, and I was absolutely devastated. And then, when I had him, the midwife said ‘he’ accidentally, before we asked the question or looked for ourselves 😭

• Sad
I had a scan at 34 weeks to see if my placenta had moved and at 36 weeks for growth scan, I can’t remember which it was, but she screened over his Willy and didn’t tell me to look away, knowing we didn’t know the sex. She didn’t say anything, but I knew what I’d seen, and I was absolutely devastated. And then, when I had him, the midwife said ‘he’ accidentally, before we asked the question or looked for ourselves 😭
I'm feeling those same f
I'm feeling those feelings right now. So sorry that happened to you!!! I genuinely have no preference whether it's a boy or a girl, but I'm hoping I didn't just find out like that 😔 my husband is pretending he didn't see anything but I think he saw what I did.

Nub theories all pointed to a girl bcus I love a good theory, but we've got to this point without any slips from sonographers or potential potty shots and then this.😭

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.