Pregnancy #34 Sponsored by trying to shave ya bits without cutting off a lip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my booster at about 17 weeks pregnant
Felt totally fine, had an achey arm which I had with all the other vaccines.
I'm 37 weeks now and baby girl is healthy, doing well and not had any issues throughout this pregnancy
Thanks! I know it I’ll be fine but any jabs in general give me anxiety so add pregnancy into the mix I’ll be lucky if I don’t faint on the day 😩 but it will be for the best!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can I ask who’s had covid jabs/boosters whilst pregnant and how you felt afterwards etc? I was putting my booster off until I was out of the 1st trimester so I’ve booked it in for this week, we go on holiday in June so need a booster anyway otherwise it’s all testing etc but I’ve told my husband I’ve booked it and he’s really cautious about me getting it whilst pregnant 😖 don’t get me wrong so am I but it is recommended to get it whilst pregnant so surely I’ll be fine?
I had all mine before getting pregnant and caught COVID at 9 weeks. I was glad I was fully vaccinated as I felt quite rubbish for a few days on top of already being fatigued.

My friend had her booster whilst pregnant and that was really lucky as she got COVID 3 weeks later in her third trimester and wasn’t too bad with it. The midwives and consultant were really worried though and phoned her daily for updates, made her borrow an oximeter and give them readings.

It is a personal decision and I understand reticence, but from what I’ve heard (I work in the NHS and have an overview of this stuff nationally and regionally) there can be some quite scary complications for a few women who get COVID in their third trimester who are not vaccinated or with minimal vaccination. It can lead to increased likelihood of hospitalisation, pre-term birth and babies needing treatment in neonatal units. Possible link to increased stillbirth.

I should also point out that 50% of my friends who took holidays between December and March caught COVID while travelling - although this may have also been because of the prevalence of Omicron.

On balance, I believe the risk to not having the vaccine outweighs the risk to having it, and also hopefully offers baby some protection for their early months.

Reactions: 3
On the topic of covid, I’ve just tested positive 😷
I’m 17+3 and I feel like I’ve been run over… twice. Ive avoided this bloody thing for all these years and the minute I’m pregnant of course I get it. Is there anything I need to do, let anyone know etc? Ive been resting as much as I can and taking paracetamol every 4hrs but it’s not doing much for the aches tbh

• Heart
Reposting my question as it was at the end of the old thread 😊

Hi all I’m in the market for some nursing bras and wondering when everyone bought theirs or plan to? I’m currently 32 weeks so buying stuff for my hospital bag but I’m completely stuck as to what size to go for as I’ve gone up 2-3 bra sizes already and assume they will get even bigger once the milk comes in fully? Any advise would be great 🥰

boob is great. Dunno about what size would be for you, but their bustier is wonderful.

Can I ask who’s had covid jabs/boosters whilst pregnant and how you felt afterwards etc? I was putting my booster off until I was out of the 1st trimester so I’ve booked it in for this week, we go on holiday in June so need a booster anyway otherwise it’s all testing etc but I’ve told my husband I’ve booked it and he’s really cautious about me getting it whilst pregnant 😖 don’t get me wrong so am I but it is recommended to get it whilst pregnant so surely I’ll be fine?
There is a thread somewhere re the vaccine & pregnancy there were alot of helpful comments on it.
Personally I wasn't vaccinated and managed to avoid catching it despite working in ICU till I was 16 weeks then I was moved to office work.
If you're worried have a talk with your midwife/consultant but ultimately its your decision.

Yes, absolutely agree RE personal choice... I declined any vaccination during pregnancy and during TTC and caught covid when I was 8ish weeks pregnant... was nothing more than a cold for me luckily but I was given an oximeter and monitored daily but all was good 👍

Thank you for all your replies! My midwife did mention the vaccine at my booking appt and I asked so is it deemed safe in pregnancy then? She advised yes and strongly advised I get my booster. I am definitely terrified of getting covid whilst pregnant so I know I should get it before going on holiday really 😖

Got my booster at about 18 weeks pregnant, was absolutely fine! ❤ Felt much better after that compared to my second jab actually! I will add I caught covid at about 24 weeks and was glad to have had my booster

Got my booster at about 18 weeks pregnant, was absolutely fine! ❤ Felt much better after that compared to my second jab actually! I will add I caught covid at about 24 weeks and was glad to have had my booster
Oh that’s good to know! I was more reluctant to get it in my 1st trimester mainly because I didn’t want it to make me feel any more ill. Just gonna go for it, I’d hate to catch covid at any point and get really poorly 😖

Thank you for all your replies! My midwife did mention the vaccine at my booking appt and I asked so is it deemed safe in pregnancy then? She advised yes and strongly advised I get my booster. I am definitely terrified of getting covid whilst pregnant so I know I should get it before going on holiday really 😖
If you don't feel comfy then don't get it. I don't and I won't be. Midwifes kinda have to say that

I've spoken to a couple who actually made me feel really guilty for not getting it and I didn't appreciate the way they spoke to me really, as if they were giving me a lecture. Others have said it's entirely my choice and they understand and didn't force their opinion like the other two

Do what is best for you

Reactions: 4
You wouldn’t believe I’m going be having my third baby with this question 🤣. With my eldest she had aptamil and when we were out and about we would just buy the pre made bottles and warm it up. My youngest was exclusively breast fed until 2 😅 so didn’t have to buy any formula. This time I am going to combi feed for the first few weeks (all being well) but will just give formula after. The formula I’ve bought is Kendamil but they do not sell the little pre made bottles in shops 😩. So what do you do when you are out and about? I believe your not aloud to pre make bottles to take out with you anymore? Is there something I could buy for travelling for the water to be safe and right temp? I have bought a formula tub for out and about but what about the water? Ah I’m so stressed out about this please can somebody help.

Reactions: 2
You wouldn’t believe I’m going be having my third baby with this question 🤣. With my eldest she had aptamil and when we were out and about we would just buy the pre made bottles and warm it up. My youngest was exclusively breast fed until 2 😅 so didn’t have to buy any formula. This time I am going to combi feed for the first few weeks (all being well) but will just give formula after. The formula I’ve bought is Kendamil but they do not sell the little pre made bottles in shops 😩. So what do you do when you are out and about? I believe your not aloud to pre make bottles to take out with you anymore? Is there something I could buy for travelling for the water to be safe and right temp? I have bought a formula tub for out and about but what about the water? Ah I’m so stressed out about this please can somebody help.
They have some of the premade in Tesco and Savers I believe. I spotted the packs of 6 in my Tesco this week!

Ps, I premake all the twins bottles. (Saves my sanity) pre making a bottle or two for days out won't do any harm!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They have some of the premade in Tesco and Savers I believe. I spotted the packs of 6 in my Tesco this week!

Ps, I premake all the twins bottles. (Saves my sanity) pre making a bottle or two for days out won't do any harm!
Oh really? Thank you 😊. Is there a bottle warmer you would recommend? I wonder if Sainsburys and boots will soon start to do the premade Kendamil?! 🤞🏻

Oh really? Thank you 😊. Is there a bottle warmer you would recommend? I wonder if Sainsburys and boots will soon start to do the premade Kendamil?! 🤞🏻
You could always just fill a flask with hot water?
I have the Tommee Tippee bottle warmer & the portable insulated bag but these have got used to either drinking them cold or at room temp as I take them out the fridge long before there feed is due.

• Heart
I got a Tommee Tippee one. It was relatively cheap and I haven't used the new one yet but I had one with my twins before and it was great. I bought this one from John Lewis.

NHS guidance is still that bottles can be stored for 24hr in a fridge so no reason you couldn't premake and keep insulated from the fridge so they stay cold then just heat when needed.

I know you’re talking about being out and about, but I used to swear by the prep machine, but I felt it wasn’t getting hot enough, so, I boil the kettle every night at 10pm and put it on to a thermos big flask. That does all my bottles through 24 hours and the water is still steaming if there’s any left and I tip it out at 10pm the next day
When I go up to bed, I put 4oz of cooled boiled water in an unused bottle and mix it up that way, because I’m too lazy to go downstairs
Honestly, wish I knew this with the other 3!! I take the flask and empty bottle and pots full of formula out with me where ever I go, and I make sure I start prepping about 45 mins before he’s due

I forgot about all the formula and heating water and sterilising bottles etc 🙈 I think I've forgotten a lot of what we used to do, that we will start doing again!

Oh all this scares me so bloody much 🙈 I’ve no idea what I’m doing and reading the whole milk and warming up just goes over my head 🤣😩 I’ve never changed a nappy in my life!!!
My partner has kids but they’re teens now so I’m glad I’ve got him though times have changed from 16 years ago 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh all this scares me so bloody much 🙈 I’ve no idea what I’m doing and reading the whole milk and warming up just goes over my head 🤣😩 I’ve never changed a nappy in my life!!!
My partner has kids but they’re teens now so I’m glad I’ve got him though times have changed from 16 years ago 😂
I know it sounds silly but it sorta comes to you & midwives will happily show you with anything you're unsure of. As for warming up milk thr easiest way I've always found is a jug of boiled water and pop the bottle in for a min or two.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.