Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they want to book you in for induction for whatever reason at what point of the pregnancy would they tell you?

Congrats to the new mummas!!

So, just a little update for anyone who may have worries after a growth scan. After my last growth scan at 28 weeks there were concerns that the babies growth may have slowed, so we got referred to the growth clinic.

We went today (30+4). The doctor was lovely, measured and checked very thoroughly. She concluded that the baby is small (16th centile) but following the growth curve nicely so isn’t worried. She explained you have big babies and you have small babies, both perfectly normal. The blood supply and placenta looked fine.

It’s the growth curve that matters. I come from a family of Hobbits, I’m sure genetics must come into it.

She nearly discharged us back to normal antenatal but decided at the last minute to do one more check in 2-3 weeks, and if all ok, to not see us again.

Just as we were finishing up she asked me how I want to give birth. I just assumed I’d be induced if I went beyond 40 weeks and give birth vaginally but she explained a planned c-section was very much an option if I wanted it due to my age (45). I do like the thought of avoiding stressing the baby, lack of oxygen etc but don’t like the thought of the recovery just before x-mas.

It’s been great hearing about other ladies c-section experiences on this thread so thanks everyone for sharing. Lots to think about!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I read somewhere that 60% of twins arrive by week 37 which put the fear in me.
I know it’s so close now I’m getting so nervous 😅😅
You're gonna be kick ass! And think of all the belly and back sleeping 🤤🤤 never mind all the snuggs, you won't even have to share with Mr Dipdab!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations 💙 enjoy your snuggles with baby Aidan xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Question for mamas that have been induced - probably a stupid question, but are you left in a room on your own or a ward? Or do you go to a private room then ward while you wait to progress? Thank you 🥰

Question for mamas that have been induced - probably a stupid question, but are you left in a room on your own or a ward? Or do you go to a private room then ward while you wait to progress? Thank you 🥰
I’m assuming it depends on individual hospitals but at mine, I was in a room with one other lady. I was in there until I was in established labour and then moved to a private room to give birth.

I stayed in that room for the birth and then a few hours after before being moved to a ward with 4 beds.

It’s another reason why you don’t want a ridiculous amount of luggage with you because of all the moving about x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Side affects of a section I didn’t know - all over itching. They have agreed to give me antihistamine (this was 3 hours ago so I suppose I can’t expect it straight away). They have said it’s completely normal. Unfortunately though, every time I nod off, I’ve a sudden urge to scratch. But luckily my little A is fast asleep and totally unaware.

It depends. You're on a ward to start with when you have the pessary ect. But once your waters are broken and you're put on the drip, you are moved to delivery suite

• Heart
Sorry for the double post (hope they'll get merged). But any tips for bleeding gums?
My gums have been way more sensitive during pregnancy, which is normal apparently.
But now I have one spot right behind my upper front teeth which is especially sensitive and sometimes starts to bleed without any reason. I can sense my gums are a bit inflamed there. Now this morning it started bleeding again while I was just lying in bed. And then I had the great idea of touching that spot with my fingers. The bleeding got horrendous and blood was spraying everywhere (rip bed sheets and thank god for paper towels). Other than keeping my teeth hygiene up, is there anything else I can do, because this was honestly a bit scary 😳 Must've looked like a scene from a horror movie.

Reactions: 2
Sorry for the double post (hope they'll get merged). But any tips for bleeding gums?
My gums have been way more sensitive during pregnancy, which is normal apparently.
But now I have one spot right behind my upper front teeth which is especially sensitive and sometimes starts to bleed without any reason. I can sense my gums are a bit inflamed there. Now this morning it started bleeding again while I was just lying in bed. And then I had the great idea of touching that spot with my fingers. The bleeding got horrendous and blood was spraying everywhere (rip bed sheets and thank god for paper towels). Other than keeping my teeth hygiene up, is there anything else I can do, because this was honestly a bit scary 😳 Must've looked like a scene from a horror movie.
No tips I’m afraid but my gums have been awful. Looks like a blood bath when I brush my teeth. Maybe as we’re entitled to free dentistry get your dentist to have a look. I think bleeding gums are a common side affect of pregnancy and I’m hoping they settle down once baby is here. I might go back to corsidil mouth wash once she’s here (not sure if you can use it whilst preggers so haven’t bothered)

If they want to book you in for induction for whatever reason at what point of the pregnancy would they tell you?
They should do? 2 of My inductions were all because they were late and I wasn’t booked in until 41+.

I have always been induced in a delivery suite, left for an hour or so on a monitor and then moved down to anti natal ward to wait to progress - I think it’s when you get to 4cm they will move you back to delivery suite x

• Heart
Normally they'd discuss it with you first because you can say no and a lot of people do. But not usually until right near the end.
Induction was only mentioned to me this time at my 40 week appointment because I brought it up myself

I went to the dentist about this and she told me it’s perfectly normal and gargle with salty water daily. I wasn’t convinced but did it anyway and it really helped. Still a little blood but no where the mess I was making brushing my teeth. I also did use the electric toothbrush but not every time and just got a soft cheap toothbrush for other times.

Reactions: 2
I had bleeding gums really badly for weeks but bought alcohol free corsodyl (assumed it would be okay 😬) and used it diluted for a week or so and now I get barely any bleeding 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
You can decline them all, before and after birth 😊

I'm the same. I let them come round for the ones at the house but my last one was where I was supposed to go to them. Ignored it 😂
I also didn't get a 3 year one because of covid but I was going to ignore it anyway
Can you decline community midwife too? I remember her coming whilst we were sleeping and/or just showing up unannounced all the time. My LB did have sepsis and feeding issues and wr spent over a week in hospital first time around... so thr newborn bubble was even more crazy for us.

Omg me too it reminder me when my girl was born she will be four weeks this weekend she is growing so much! 🥺🥺🥺
No way is she?! Isn't it mad how the end of pregnancy drags so slow and then it flies when they are here. Hope you're both well. Xx

@Londonsays Congrats on your baby boy! Enjoy the snuggles ❤
@Easilyannoyed time has flown! 😱 How are you doing?
We are doing well she sleeps 10:30-3 then 4-7/8 so I do get some kind of sleep she only really cries when she’s hungry or needs a new nappy she’s had a few sicks but not every time she feeds I think it’s because she guzzles sometimes I’ve already turned into one of those mums who takes millions of pictures everyday how are you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine have been the same and I’m on aspirin so the bleeding was awful too! Have you been to the dentist? (It’s free) I ended up needing a filling but she said a lot of pregnant women get bleeding gums. I was advised to brush and floss 3 times a day. It has helped slightly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.