Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Borntorun the bloody cheek! That’s rude as!

I had an hour telephone call with my HV at 30 weeks, rather than face to face due to covid. It was mostly her getting mine and OH details and running through our situation, feeding plans and any worries I had. She was lovely but boy could she talk!

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone just catching up just want to confirm heartburn did equal hair! Has there been anymore babies since baby pineapple xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Welcome Baby London!

I got a letter a couple of months ago saying a health visitor would be in touch to come and see me at 30+ weeks.
The appt has come through now, she's coming in a couple of weeks for a 30-60 min visit. Anyone know what happens during this, is it just a general snoop around the house?
ours was just a chat about support/ our lifestyles in general like is my husband about etc, how we intended on sleeping etc. Mine was lovely and it was more of a case of her just having a bit of a run through.I can’t say she/the health visiting team was much use in general after my son was born though 😂

Mine came and snooped! She also warned me she’d do an upstairs sleep environment assessment when she returned for the first after birth visit so I might want to “tidy up a bit”. I was so taken aback at how rude it was, especially as my house is perfectly tidy thank you very much!
No way!! Firstly, unbelievably rude. Secondly, why would the state of tidiness have any impact on a safe sleep assessment (unless people were piling their stuff on the baby?!) thirdly, is this a thing that they can check out your sleeping arrangements?! Thankfully I’ve never had that (I don’t think me showing my king sized bed and demonstrating how i lie with my boobs out all night would tick many of their boxes 🙈)

I have always declined pre birth health visitor visits. Just to make all news mums aware, you do not have to have a HV come in, it is at your discretion. A few people I k ow have hated their HV and declined their visits. It doesn’t lead to anything at all. I almost always decline the 6-9 month check as I’m never worried about anything and they don’t weigh them at ours, it’s just a chat, so I see no point.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mine came and snooped! She also warned me she’d do an upstairs sleep environment assessment when she returned for the first after birth visit so I might want to “tidy up a bit”. I was so taken aback at how rude it was, especially as my house is perfectly tidy thank you very much!
That is disgusting! I haven’t had a pre birth HV visit, but I have after, and the house was a tit tip, because who can be bothered to keep tidy when you have a 10 day old baby at home. How rude. I’d have been reporting her

i lie with my boobs out all night would tick many of their boxes 🙈)
Me

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations this is lovely news. Welcome to the craziest ride of your life that they call parenthood x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Huge congratulations! This just made me cry and I don’t know why 😂 that first cry is something else 💔 enjoy all those wonderful cuddles and take care of yourself ❤

Jesus Christ I’m so broody 😂 can you be broody and pregnant? I don’t even know

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Huge congratulations! This just made me cry and I don’t know why 😂 that first cry is something else 💔 enjoy all those wonderful cuddles and take care of yourself ❤

Jesus Christ I’m so broody 😂 can you be broody and pregnant? I don’t even know
Yes 😂 and after swearing off babies I usually go through a ‘broody’ stage when they are about 5 days old 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve cried my eyes out tonight watching Stacey solomans stories. I know she isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love her and found her stories so moving. Took me right back to May and wishing I could do it all over again 😭😭

Reactions: 5
Crikey, I hope the HV who comes isn't as cheeky as yours @Borntorun 😲

Thanks for the ideas of the kind of thing they talk about, when I've googled it seems to suggest more things they might be useful to get advice about *after* rather than before. Suppose it's a skive off work.

Obviously I've used this visit to put the fear of god into my husband, told him that she'll expect to see the house ready for a baby 👀 anything to get him to speed up finishing the last jobs and to get a bit more stuck in on the cleaning. (He says he's doing things to take them off me, but his standards just aren't the same as mine :censored:)

• Haha
Ah me and the HV have never bonded (funnily enough the warning to ‘tidy up a bit’ didn’t endear her to me, especially as this was before I had any children so the place was bloody tidy as there was no toddler to ruin it!) I moaned to my husband about her and he thought I was being ridiculous… then he met her on the after birth visit and was like um no you’re right, she’s a tool 😂 I can’t even remember what she did now to offend him

Reactions: 8
On the topic of HV @Dipdab & @Gorbs You will find that your HV is more than likely interested in the fascination of twins more than anything else. Ours came last week and was more concerned over the fact there was two of them she actually forgot to weigh them 🙄 Same as the midwife once she got wind we were home she couldn't wait to get here before we'd hit the 28 days discharge. Good luck ladies 😂

• Haha
I’ve cried my eyes out tonight watching Stacey solomans stories. I know she isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love her and found her stories so moving. Took me right back to May and wishing I could do it all over again 😭😭
I cried too and I can’t stand her 😭😭

Well after saying I couldn’t take any more (and having my tubes tied not 6 months ago during my section) I looked at my baby the other day and thought “I’ve been too hasty! I could have gone for a fifth no trouble!”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Well after saying I couldn’t take any more (and having my tubes tied not 6 months ago during my section) I looked at my baby the other day and thought “I’ve been too hasty! I could have gone for a fifth no trouble!”
I look at Mr Thankyou with the girls some mornings & think yeah I could do another set of twins 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg me too it reminder me when my girl was born she will be four weeks this weekend she is growing so much! 🥺🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've full on convinced myself there's no way I want any more 😂 to the point due to contraception, my period is 31 days late and I've taken 14 tests and cried before each one 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Regarding Inductions: obviously I can only speak of my own experience but mine was great. Really straight forward, I liked knowing the date I’d be going in. Labour was relatively quick for first baby and no complications.

I’ve found that people are very quick to share their negative/horror stories but people don’t share the good. I’d happily have another induction if necessary

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.