Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd ring the doctors when you can and just let them know, if it makes you feel better however, they'll more than likely tell you to just let nature take its course.
The test may take a while to go negative though.
Although my miscarriage was a bit further on, it took 4 weeks to actually go negative
thanks very much for your reply x

Reactions: 1
@Mel17 so sorry to hear that xxx others have given good advice. If you get a temperature or start to feel any severe pain over the weekend I would phone 111

Reactions: 2
My friend is due in three weeks I know we all know this already but be careful they caught covid recently and now she is stressing if he can go in with her. I never thought of this fact until now. X

Reactions: 3
My friend is due in three weeks I know we all know this already but be careful they caught covid recently and now she is stressing if he can go in with her. I never thought of this fact until now. X
In our trust, It’s not even just Covid, it’s anything that would give symptoms of Covid. If you turn up in labour and your birth partner has a continuous cough or high temperature etc, they’re not coming in even if you know it’s from a cold or other reason.
My partner works in other people’s houses so Mum is trying to stay completely shielded in case he can’t attend.

In our trust, It’s not even just Covid, it’s anything that would give symptoms of Covid. If you turn up in labour and your birth partner has a continuous cough or high temperature etc, they’re not coming in even if you know it’s from a cold or other reason.
My partner works in other people’s houses so Mum is trying to stay completely shielded in case he can’t attend.
Thank you for clarifying obviously I didn’t even think about this until my friend mentioned it it’s scary.

Thank you for all the lovely messages 💖 I’m still gonna loiter around on this thread to see how everyone’s getting on. Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies ☺

I know everyone is biased but she’s such a little beauty, she’s like a doll and I can’t stop staring at her 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for all the lovely messages 💖 I’m still gonna loiter around on this thread to see how everyone’s getting on. Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies ☺

I know everyone is biased but she’s such a little beauty, she’s like a doll and I can’t stop staring at her 🥰
🥰🥰🥰 what a little pet! How are you both getting on? Any word of getting home today?

🥰🥰🥰 what a little pet! How are you both getting on? Any word of getting home today?
We came home late last night. Her blood sugar levels were all fine and she was feeding well enough to discharge us 🎉 Think midwife is coming tomorrow so fingers crossed she hasn’t lost too much weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
At what gestation did you guys have your dating scan? I’ve had my appointment through and I’ll be almost 16 weeks when they see me, I’m on progesterone (supporting the pregnancy) I’m really nervous to wean off it next week with absolutely no one checking for another month that everything is ok :(
I’ve already had a private scan to confirm I was pregnant, I was just going to book another until someone said it’s unhealthy to be scanned too often, now I feel 🤯
I should be scanned every 2 weeks from 18 weeks - 24 (I was with my first baby) as I have an incompetent cervix - surely they wouldn’t do that if there was a danger to the foetus? 2 days stewing and my head is now a mess, any advice appreciate xx

• Wow
At what gestation did you guys have your dating scan? I’ve had my appointment through and I’ll be almost 16 weeks when they see me, I’m on progesterone (supporting the pregnancy) I’m really nervous to wean off it next week with absolutely no one checking for another month that everything is ok :(
I’ve already had a private scan to confirm I was pregnant, I was just going to book another until someone said it’s unhealthy to be scanned too often, now I feel 🤯
I should be scanned every 2 weeks from 18 weeks - 24 (I was with my first baby) as I have an incompetent cervix - surely they wouldn’t do that if there was a danger to the foetus? 2 days stewing and my head is now a mess, any advice appreciate xx
16 weeks is very late for an NHS dating scan. I think the cut off is 13+6 so they can do the necessary measurements and enable you to be eligible for prenatal testing for chromosomal disorders. I’d speak to the antenatal clinic/midwives on the phone and clarify as that seems very late to me

I think it’s a myth that it affects baby to be scanned too much. It’s just something people think is true but scans actually have no negative affect on baby. If you were having multiples you’d be scanned every 2 weeks to check everything was progressing safely, as you were with your first baby. The doctors wouldn’t recommend that if it wasn’t safe.

16 weeks seems very late. Its supposed to be between 11 and 14 weeks.
Have you contacted them and told them?

Thank you for clarifying obviously I didn’t even think about this until my friend mentioned it it’s scary.
Well, we talked this up. Partner has just been advised he has to isolate, work-mate has tested positive 😢😢
I don’t even want to think about it him having it, or subsequently me.
He can’t come to the ECV tomorrow.
I’ll be 38+4 by the time he’s allowed out of isolation supposing no other work mates develop symptoms.
Mum was in the supermarket yesterday, I just hope to God she doesn’t get a notification too.
Let’s just hope she doesn’t come any time soon!

@Days28 it’s a load of bollocks that scans cause any harm. They don’t. Whoever told you that should be ashamed giving false medical advise to a pregnant woman.
have you been booked in? Phone your midwife and ask why it’s so late. Assuming you want health screening they should reschedule for earlier

Well, we talked this up. Partner has just been advised he has to isolate, work-mate has tested positive 😢😢
I don’t even want to think about it him having it, or subsequently me.
He can’t come to the ECV tomorrow.
I’ll be 38+4 by the time he’s allowed out of isolation supposing no other work mates develop symptoms.
Mum was in the supermarket yesterday, I just hope to God she doesn’t get a notification too.
Let’s just hope she doesn’t come any time soon!
Aw I'm sorry! It's so scary!
Is this your first?

16 weeks is very late for an NHS dating scan. I think the cut off is 13+6 so they can do the necessary measurements and enable you to be eligible for prenatal testing for chromosomal disorders. I’d speak to the antenatal clinic/midwives on the phone and clarify as that seems very late to me
I think it’s a myth that it affects baby to be scanned too much. It’s just something people think is true but scans actually have no negative affect on baby. If you were having multiples you’d be scanned every 2 weeks to check everything was progressing safely, as you were with your first baby. The doctors wouldn’t recommend that if it wasn’t safe.
16 weeks seems very late. Its supposed to be between 11 and 14 weeks.
Have you contacted them and told them?
Thankyou so much for the replies & advice - I’ll ring them tomorrow and find out what’s going on, I was reluctant to ring in case I was being ott or the lists were long due to Covid - I’ll let yous know what they say x

Aw I'm sorry! It's so scary!
Is this your first?
Yep.
I can cope with him not being there even, it’s for him I’m gutted. For the experience he and we’d miss, their bonding etc. He wouldn’t even be able to see until after the 10 days technically. He’s isolating from me too, no getting ready for baby together.

I’m just sad and angry. Covid has fucked this pregnancy from start to finish. the lack of maternity service, not seeing anyone so friends not having that bond, nor even having the excitement of friends or strangers or going shopping for baby.
I know we’re all in the same boat though.

I’m waited/been made to wait until I’m 38 years old. Of all the times it could have happened and I’ve managed to be due in the predicted 2 week peak of a pandemic, worst time for the NHS - I’m just 🤯🤯🤯

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.